The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/08/11 09:42 PM
PLANETSIDE 2 COMING SOON TO KGB

Special thanks to Senator Drakiis for the find (Double click to view full screen on YouTube)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/08/11 10:39 PM
Tobacco found the initial article, but I dug up the rest, I hadn't been checking the news feeds I get every day for a couple of days now, so this admittedly sneaked up on me but the minute I logged online today I read it, pretty good news overall. It's a complete revamp, ironically much like DFO is currently going to do, only this planetside will take full advantage of the knowledge and technology of current gaming both in the FPS and MMORPG fields to produce a great MMOFPS hybrid with full customization and more options then the previous planetside had which was very ahead of it's time. The overall goal of the project from my research has indicated they are focusing the planetside 2 emphasis on making understanding and playing the game quick and easy for new people, by providing simple fps like jump in and play-ability, while ensuring that as you progress and become better at playing the game becomes more complex and adds more depth for veterans. The player designed quest engine is similar to Cryptics (STO, Neverwinter, and COH/V) Forge which allows players to make their own quests this is a very useful tool as you can create quests as a part of recruiting and evaluation tests for membership into a guild. Planetside 2 is a very exciting prospect for me, as I played the original, and think with KGB's new State Faction system coming online this will have great potential for us as a guild. KGB was born in Tanarus, a military fps tank battle game, we may be Knights now, but even back then we were armored knights riding armor plated engines of destruction. Our state Faction system is perfect for this game.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/09/11 12:18 AM
Funny, this game has been on our short list of focused attention for the last 18 months.

In no particular order of importance:

Guild Wars 2
Planetside 2
MechWarrior: MMO
Warhammer 40K: MMO
Salem

*Edit: Note that every single one of those games are best suited for the State Faction that is coming online. Gee, imagine that...
Posted By: Zwe Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/30/11 10:09 PM
I loved planetside ;-) admittedly I played it with Cabal though ;-)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/31/11 01:15 AM
well I am about 75-80% sure KGB will go big for Planetside 2, at least from where I am sitting a State Faction is what I am looking to do personally.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/31/11 12:10 PM
So do any of you candy ass's play COD Black Ops on the PC? If so let me know.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/31/11 12:52 PM
LOL..I do Wolf, just let me know when your around to get your ass beat in a non Drakiss love kind of way
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/31/11 01:07 PM
wolfgang no cod....warband! its fighting all the abdass DF pvp'rs but on equal ground
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/31/11 08:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
LOL..I do Wolf, just let me know when your around to get your ass beat in a non Drakiss love kind of way

Nice... my tag is Monsterarms I play mostly Capture the flag, but i'll kill in any game. I have some clips that I made, but since activision is a bunch of assholes. I can't download them to my computer yet, supposedly they are going to open it up so you can. I tried linking my youtube up, but I guess you can't do that yet. Because when I tried to go to COD.com and register it wouldn't let me.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/31/11 08:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
wolfgang no cod....warband! its fighting all the abdass DF pvp'rs but on equal ground

Which Warband is it. I have one but I'm pretty sure it's not the one your playing.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 07/31/11 10:12 PM
just normal warband, the mod is called crpg
Posted By: Tasho Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/18/11 03:33 PM
I intend to play this.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/18/11 03:50 PM
Good.

We intend to rape face in PS 2.0
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/18/11 11:24 PM
I support this message, and intend to roll a big fat faction
Posted By: Kaotic Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/18/11 11:27 PM
That would require you getting off your big fat ass and fixing your computer...
Posted By: Syloc Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/18/11 11:55 PM
I'm on board if this ever comes around! (If it doens't require an insane amount of grinding time that is) =P
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/19/11 12:19 AM
then you obviously don't know planetside the original, there was no grind to speak of, I mean Cert and Command Points were the only grind per say and that wasn't anything like DFO. Think giant persistent game of Battlefield 3 and you'll understand.
Posted By: Syloc Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/20/11 07:56 PM
The battlefield series is fun, i'll give it that - but it's a piece of crap if you're talking about a competative First Person Shooter.

I reserve the right to not trust developers to not screw up the game. I mean can anyone say EQ 2? =P Still, looks fun and worth a shot.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/20/11 10:33 PM
well in FPS competitive is defined by tactics and strategy more so than levels and skills so in that sense it's not what skills you have but the weapons you have and how you utilize them on a battlefield. If there is no coordination there is no victory, and while I am sure people will have to earn certifications and rank to gain access to various weapons or kit that should be less of a issue, and organization and tactics will play a much larger role.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/21/11 02:38 AM
IMO Syloc would be a shoe in for Warband but word on the streets is that he's lost the fps golden touch!
Posted By: Leeboi Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/21/11 08:56 PM
Hear he found it with Jet thou....
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/23/11 01:16 AM
lol, Syloc is mesmerized by pussy, living blissfully unaware of the world of gaming from what I hear.
Posted By: JetStar Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/24/11 05:33 PM
Planetside 2 is the only game on the horizon that I am even remotely interested in. I hope it actually releases on target.

Historically, KGB had a blast in Beta and beyond the first Planetside. The only thing that finally killed it for me was the Mechs. I even had my RL brother playing and this Hells Angel biker dude I know.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/24/11 10:52 PM
well all that I have read indicates that Sony realized that Mechs killed the game and were too op, they have already stated no mechs this time around, to much rejoicing from the major portion of the original planetside fans.
Posted By: Syloc Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/25/11 08:46 PM
Hehe, I'd love to play warband with you guys - but i'm sooo uber busy IRL. Not to derail this topic too much, but i'm engaged now. Yeah, when Syloc gets whipped - he gets WHIPPED! 110% Baby!

Planetside 2 is so far off though, i'll probably be able to give that a shot. I'm so fed up with crappy FPS games these days, taking a break until ID/Bethesda releases a real comp game. (Rage should be fun though)

The more I read about PS2, the more excited I get though!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/25/11 10:47 PM
You fuck.

I am going to have to head down south I see and inform this blow up doll that her reign is over.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/25/11 10:54 PM
Congratulations Syloc!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/26/11 11:41 PM
Syloc is now domesticated, enjoy slavery
Posted By: Tasorin Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/29/11 10:24 PM
Because I can't get enough PlanetSide 2 information...

No DFO bullshit of unbalanced "I HAVE IT ALL AT ONCE." Did you grind out all that spell, skill, weapon, and stat gains? Nope, well then you are fucked.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/29/11 11:32 PM
Great find my friend, of course it's a well rehearsed rehash, the excitement and improvements are going to make this game a killer, DFO MUST FUCKING DIE, and I will lead this charge come hell or high water, no politics allowed, strait smash face, advance, rape your mother, advance, double envelope, advance, flank, advance, win or die, play or go home, no glory no problem, fuck glory I want victory
Posted By: Tasorin Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/30/11 12:38 AM
I know Drak, but those fucks at SOE have been silent since June.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/30/11 10:55 PM
they best be working hard on PS2 is all I care about...Smedly twitters but he hasn't said shit lately either.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/30/11 11:10 PM
They locked down the community pretty well. Its like reverse hype, say nothing, and let the interwebs build up the hype for you.

Credit due where credit deserved. SOE may, and I say may, just be on the come back.

In the pit: Planet Side 2, Next Gen EQ, and three Code named AAA titles, yet undisclosed.
Posted By: Syloc Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 08/31/11 09:10 PM
It's not bad to name drop though, just to build hype before you have anything real to show though. Builds interest.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 09/11/11 04:22 PM
Quote:

09/08/2011

In an interview with Chinese site 17173.com, SOE's John Smedley shared some revealing details about PlanetSide 2, including the fact that the upcoming MMO shooter will be free.

MMOsite carried the English version of the story early this morning, but there were a few points that were lost in translation. So we contacted Smedley for clarification, and he said that while he had previously mentioned that the game will be "some form of free-to-play," SOE is not prepared to announce specifics just yet, but we should "expect something that will be very player friendly." He mentioned that a Blizzard-style auction house won't be a part of that plan but that he was fond of what League of Legends had done with its system.

It's also his opinion that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be the last large-scale MMO with a subscription fee. "The game looks great," Smedley commented, "and I will be playing myself. BioWare is doing an awesome job."

Smedley also made mention of PlanetSide 2's beta schedule. SOE is aiming to begin wider testing of the title later this year or early next year in North America, but the company doesn't know for sure just yet.

PlanetSide 2 is aiming to be bigger and better than the original, with battlefields holding up to 2,000 players at the same time, a flexible skill system that allows players to fine-tune their troops and engage in crafting, and a struggle to control territory between three factions. Interestingly enough, Smedley said that the factions might not always be at each other's throats; the PlanetSide 2 team has plans to launch PvE world events such as alien invasions where all players will put aside their differences to combat a shared threat.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 09/12/11 07:12 PM
I already re-activated my SOE Station Account that has the Planetside 1 account on it.

By god, I will be in PS2 beta, or heads will explode.
Posted By: JetStar Re: PLANETSIDE 2 - 09/12/11 11:31 PM
I need to do the same.
© The KGB Oracle