The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/08/11 09:49 AM
CLOSED FACTION STATUS

I wanted to make sure everyone was in sync with the only official Closed KGB Faction currently being supported.

Lets discuss the issues regarding DFO:

1) The Grind
The grind has been reduced across the board with new attribute meditation options available. This means that you can seriously AFK grind a PVP capable character in an acceptable time frame. There is also many advanced characters available. Check it out if you have not in a while. KGB Secure Vent now hosts the largest and most powerful alliance DFO has even seen. KGB plays an integral role in this alliance.
2) The Faction
We have a core group of players, that are now Drama Free. If you have ever thought of playing or giving it a try, now is the time. KGB owns many advanced accounts as well as strategic Islands in the North and South.

Contact an officer or request access to the DFO forums and find out more details. PM JetStar with questions. Join us!
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/08/11 03:35 PM
If I ever were to comeback, the alliance change where you have to pay to go blue again stomped that chance of coming back out.
Posted By: Grizo Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/08/11 07:39 PM
Hey red is cool that just means you pvp I am actually red now lol. smile So come on have some fun be a red guy with the rest of us.
Posted By: ZhenYu Omega Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/10/11 12:46 PM
How many active players do y'all currently have in DFO?
Posted By: Prism Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/10/11 06:24 PM
Depends what ya call active !!
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/10/11 10:30 PM
Well within the alliance, we have tons!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/11/11 12:26 AM
HAHA..sorry bro, but ton(s) = multiples of 2000. I might have let ya slide if you said "we have a ton"...LOL. (Good luck on it no matter what.)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/11/11 03:28 AM
Sell it jet lol
Posted By: Mithus Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/11/11 11:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
HAHA..sorry bro, but ton(s) = multiples of 2000. I might have let ya slide if you said "we have a ton"...LOL. (Good luck on it no matter what.)

it depends on your measure system, the rest of the world(non US) uses the metric /kilogram system so.. I have to correct you sir!
ton = 907.18474 kilograms
:P
Quote:

The metric system is an international decimalised system of measurement. It was first adopted by France in 1799 and now it forms the basis of the system of measurement subsequently used by most countries of the world (the exceptions being the United States, Liberia and Burma). The United States is the only industrialised country unwilling to adapt the International System of Units as its predominant system of measurement.
Posted By: Uber Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/11/11 07:47 PM
Its is painfully slow to earn the money needed to level afk.. Doubt I will be returning.
Posted By: EhWoL Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/12/11 03:46 AM
Different skills cost different amounts of gold, but for my dex at my level its about 5k gold per 24 hours of offline time.

So 30min to 1 hour of farming a day to keep it going.

You could farm 1 long or 2 shorter evenings per week IF you wanted to meditate for a full week....not bad at all IMO.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/12/11 04:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Uber
Its is painfully slow to earn the money needed to level afk.. Doubt I will be returning.

Aren't you the guy who was threatening people's lives if they didn't return just a few weeks ago?

Manic much Uber? smile
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/12/11 05:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Manic much Uber? smile

Duh :-)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/12/11 05:19 AM
I'm still waiting for my ass kicking uber, you'll probably have to get in line though.
Posted By: Mithus Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/12/11 10:43 AM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Manic much Uber? smile

Duh :-)

Uber has a profile that he will be back to game again, instead of just trying to farm to meditation stats(important) he prefer to leave the game again. Bad choice for him.

Currently I´m meditating Dex, It was 49 before the meditation system come, I will meditate to 100 that will cost around 140k, but the 5(1 point every 10 points of dex) extras points of damage per arrow are worth of the gold.
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/12/11 08:07 PM
Im doiing Vit, then DEx, then Int!
Posted By: Sini Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/14/11 05:28 AM
I played DF now for a month, and plan to continue playing, but here is my take on it:

Good:

1. It is open PvP, my first day I got PKed and my hard-earned sword was looted. Feels like home smile

2. Game is fairly complex, in a month of playing I still don't have full understanding of many nuances. It took me over a week to understand basics.

3. City and asset ownership, ship to ship combat, mounted combat...

Bad:

1. Grind. Yes, you can meditate but as newbie player you can't make enough gold on your own to really use this system. Even with meditation going at 100% you won't be able to contribute to PvP for at least couple months. Plus, even if you meditate stats and base skills you still have to macro/grind individual abilities.

2. Combat system. With FPS 'underpinnings' you expected to use range. This is ether archery or magic. Melee plays almost exactly like trying to shank someone in the open in CounterStrike, and about as successful against competent opponents. Further compounds this the fact that disables (think CC) and knock-ups (think roots) are all magic effects, you can cast while moving and melee does not have charge or snare.

3. Lack of PvP objectives. Assets are all statically fixed and are not very important/relevant. As a result main objective in PvP is to gank the other guy.

Overall - DFO has a lot of feel of UO, and was strongly inspired by it, but ultimately wrong design turns took it somewhere weird.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/14/11 06:39 AM
Its been confirmed many times over
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/14/11 02:25 PM
Here is what I would love to see in DFO/

1. Towns/cities buildable anywhere. (think of the many more reasons to PvP)

2. Something needs to be done with the skill system (sinij said it still takes a few months) plus you still need to macro .

Posted By: EhWoL Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/15/11 12:06 AM
If your scared just say so, DFO is not for everyone, there is no game out there that EVERYONE will like, its just statistics.

If you don't have anything nice to say then please don't comment.
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/15/11 03:19 AM
Originally Posted By: NOC EhWoL
If your scared just say so, DFO is not for everyone, there is no game out there that EVERYONE will like, its just statistics.

If you don't have anything nice to say then please don't comment.

You mean me?? I am not scared, I just was putting what I would like to see in DFO.
Posted By: EhWoL Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/15/11 08:42 AM
No just all the negative comments, not mad or anything...hope no one takes personal offence of it.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/15/11 11:09 AM
Pha...welcome back Ewhol, but if one more person posts the "if you dont have something nice to say about my game of the month flavor" I am gonna hunt them down and make them spend a week in a box with Drak.

DFO has good and bad. I do have one question. If your gonna do this meditation stuff (talking game design here)..why be coy about it. Why not just set up a vendor someplace that I can go to with enough gold and let me buy the insta skill. Kinda like the old colored moongates in UO test servers where you could set whatever skill you desired. Hell, you could even get creative and limit the number of skills a person could do this with. But this "meditate" it while your offline..pha..still a time waster, and THAT is the huge issue. My god, my characters were 2 years old and I was no where near maxxed on the stats. Which is the primary reasons I am no longer in DFO.
Posted By: Mithus Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/15/11 03:04 PM
Meditation offline is a great feature to reduce the gap between people that can play more hours and those cant.

You can play and follow the words: "have fun" for 1-2 hours and then put money to meditate your stats to like 75..(that is quick and not too much gold). Beyond 75 the gold and the time are high.

If UO had meditating would be good, too, DFO has flawns but devs keep put more options to players have fun with different play styles. While UO was developed by EA, DF was developed by a small team.

So I ask to KGBers come back to DF!
But do not expect that will only have fun when you toon is maxed or to begin playing when it maxed, as it the overall player mentality, you will quit if you think like that.

Uber is an example: He chose to not participate a single Sea Tower event or Alliance Siege, and was always farming while people were doing stuff together, he quit before do anything in group.

An example of player having fun since and until today is Critter, he is always pving or pveing and always do that even when his toon had low stats and skills.
Posted By: EhWoL Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/16/11 01:39 AM
No just all the negative comments, not mad or anything...hope no one takes personal offence of it.

oops..somebody did.

I wasn't demanding, I said please. I wouldn't post negative comments about a game someone else plays.Now if we were having a discussion then I would share my opinion. The fact is that all the private DFO forums are locked to only active players so they aren't tainted by people who don't play anymore or have negative feelings towards it.

For me it is not my game flavor of the month, I played it for 1.5 years and took an 8 month break(during which I only posted a hanfull of times asking how everyone was doing and were they enjoying themselves. I got burnt out for a while but in no way would I want to press that into influencing others to feel the same way. These are not the DFO or some gaming website foroms, we are supposed to all be friends here. If my ideals and beliefs about our community here are false then shame on me.

Whatever game you play or whatever you do to enjoy yourself as long as it wasn't damaging to you or others I would certainly approve of it and help in anyway i could to prolong or improve your experiance with that activity.

Its just a game, there are hundreds if not thousands of public websites where individuals can express there opinions negatively or positivly towards specific games. I would just to hope to not see fellow KGB discouraging thier brothers and sisters in anyway from making there own descisions and having fun. If a post goes up asking new and/old players to check it out then it is for those that like the idea or are intrigued by it and those that don't should in my opinion(just my opinion here, don't take it to heart) just ignore it and keep doing whatever it is that they are curently enjoying.

I apologize if I upset anyone with this or my previous post and personaly to you vuldan.
Posted By: EhWoL Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/16/11 01:45 AM
Peronally I like to always be proggressing, gives me a sence of accomplishment. Meditation is an addition so it can't be that bad. Its mainly to help newer players close the gap, thats all. Stats help but aren't the end all be all of the game by any means.
Offline skilling is nice, its not much and by no means completly "fixes" the game but is a nice addition none the less.
Posted By: Mithus Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/16/11 09:06 AM
To me after 2 year, I still get the Thrill, the emotion of the player versus playing interaction.

Yesterday Critter, Bearrok and Me were around Marshral, fighting reds.

First we went to a spawn near Khosgar, killed two veterans players farming menhirs and looted them and 2-4 minutes later we were being chased by 4-5 guys on mounts, we managed to get them way.

After that we went back to MS and there as a red, then after that a group like 5-6 around MS and didnt win, we got killed but it was fun to group with KGBers, so the thrill, the rage all still present and that is what I like in DF.
Posted By: EhWoL Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 04/16/11 11:23 AM
May not be perfect but nothing else comes close in my book.
Posted By: SicK WaKKO Re: KGB DFO CLOSED FACTION STATUS - 05/22/11 06:47 PM
People miss the point of darkfall sometimes. I know none of you know me but will understand when i say that the FEAR, ANGER, HAPPYNESS, and all the other powerful emotions our brought out in DF cause this is a game where you actually give a shit. You have to, its the truest sandbox MMO out RIGHT NOW. ANd for all its flaws and imperfiections they did manage to get one thign right. The feeling. I went red the day i started playing, been red the whole tie was on NA, transfered to EU and went red there, never lived in a blue city. Got attacked, killed, stolen from, double crossed, ambushed, beaten bloody, camped at the bindstone, and thrown out of my home, running as i watched it burn and anouther flag was brought to full mast with someone else using what used to be my bank and crafting tables.

But you know what? I have done these things to other people too. And only when you have been through all that growing up as a noob can you appreciate the game when you become a vet. Risk Vs Reward. If it was easy everyone would do it and then why would you want to push all the way to the top when everyone else is there with you.

I don't know. My 2 cents

oops..somebody did.

I wasn't demanding, I said please. I wouldn't post negative comments about a game someone else plays.Now if we were having a discussion then I would share my opinion. The fact is that all the private DFO forums are locked to only active players so they aren't tainted by people who don't play anymore or have negative feelings towards it.

For me it is not my game flavor of the month, I played it for 1.5 years and took an 8 month break(during which I only posted a hanfull of times asking how everyone was doing and were they enjoying themselves. I got burnt out for a while but in no way would I want to press that into influencing others to feel the same way. These are not the DFO or some gaming website foroms, we are supposed to all be friends here. If my ideals and beliefs about our community here are false then shame on me.

Whatever game you play or whatever you do to enjoy yourself as long as it wasn't damaging to you or others I would certainly approve of it and help in anyway i could to prolong or improve your experiance with that activity.

Its just a game, there are hundreds if not thousands of public websites where individuals can express there opinions negatively or positivly towards specific games. I would just to hope to not see fellow KGB discouraging thier brothers and sisters in anyway from making there own descisions and having fun. If a post goes up asking new and/old players to check it out then it is for those that like the idea or are intrigued by it and those that don't should in my opinion(just my opinion here, don't take it to heart) just ignore it and keep doing whatever it is that they are curently enjoying.

I apologize if I upset anyone with this or my previous post and personaly to you vuldan.
© The KGB Oracle