KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ictinike #98589 02/16/12 09:09 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
If I couldn't have A/C I would have to move to Alaska. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep in the heat. As far back as I can remember as a kid, I have never been able to go to sleep when it's uncomfortably warm/hot.

As far as paying a higher premium for peak energy consumption times. It COULD come to that if the retards in Washington try to force energies that aren't efficient. I just don't see how it's bad to use EVERY Energy resource we can, in order to keep prices manageable for everyone. That seems like the smarter way to go, then again I don't have any college degree's so what do I know! [frustrated]

Tasorin #98590 02/16/12 10:13 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
In 20 years I will be retired and no longer living in the US.

Clearly, you didn't think this all the way through. You think you will be allowed to retire? Who is going to pay US massive debt then? Unemployed and underemployed used-to-be-youth ?

I think your window to GTFO is 10 +/- 3 years, if that. After that you will lose ability to do so. Likely because your savings will mean jack shit because of currency devaluation, but there are couple other different scenarios I can think of.

I know this is bleak picture, but chances are you will croak on the job, in your 80s and will count yourself lucky to have a job. Spindrift baby boomers are to thank for this, but they too will share this fate, with exception of lucky early wave that got to already retire.

Last edited by sinij; 02/16/12 10:27 PM.

[Linked Image]
Wolfgang #98591 02/16/12 10:20 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
As far as paying a higher premium for peak energy consumption times. It COULD come to that if ...

Sorry, there is no "IF". Energy going to go up in costs regardless what anyone does, metering and data logging technology keep going down in price, and pressures to keep consumer costs down so not to price getting-poorer-by-the-day American public will only become more urgent.

With this trends peak time usage will be luxury in a very near future.

This is not all together bad, by spiking peak costs we will be able to keep peak demands from exponentially growing. This simple market effect will do more to get everyone more energy efficient than 10 White House initiatives.

[Linked Image]
Wolfgang #98598 02/17/12 11:01 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Energy usage has been getting much more efficient lately, and we have enough domestic energy yet untapped to power the country, including any foreseeable demand growth, for several hundred years. The State of WV alone has enough coal to power the whole country for about 250 years.

Politics, and crony capitalism - regulating standard energy out of business so politically connected "green" producers get undeserved windfalls is the only reason for costs to rise.

Interesting that the Saudis have been spending lobbying and PR money to derail energy exploration here in my own neighborhood...

The only real thing to worry about, is a corrupt and crony govt.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Wolfgang #98600 02/17/12 11:13 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Go nuclear (woot Thorium) until we get something with no waste. That's the only way to deal with energy unless some crazy random thing is discovered in some lab.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Sini #98610 02/17/12 04:34 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
In 20 years I will be retired and no longer living in the US.

Clearly, you didn't think this all the way through. You think you will be allowed to retire? Who is going to pay US massive debt then? Unemployed and underemployed used-to-be-youth ?

You make me laugh. Who the fuck is going to stop me from retiring?

I am a Financial King Kong on a pile of gold like Scrooge mutha fuck'n Duck.

Here is a couple hints.

Undergrad and Graduate Degree(s).

Not Married.

No Kids.

No Debt.

Fully Funded Fortune 50 Guaranteed Pension.

401k with insane options that most my other 2.7%'r friends are jealous of. The Boeing VIP CD (See Corp. Note) is so unfair for sheltering money in a down market. I can even purchase other currencies to hedge the dollar. You wish your 401k did that.

Retiree Medical Coverage.

In the next 2 years I will hit the max tax cap for the first 125k.

Don't even get me started on my Parents incorporated wealth that makes me look like a pauper that will pass without death tax because they listened to there Financial King Kong of a son.

There are others here as well that make my financial portfolio look like it was written on the back of a Bazooka bubble gum wrapper.

Retirement isn't a question.

It's a fact.

Now go sit in the corner and be quiet for a while.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Sini #99009 03/05/12 11:32 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
No, wind energy is not cost effective at this point for a number of reasons - a) infrastructure needed to transport it from where it can be cheaply and readily made is simply not there, US power grid is dated and not getting any newer b) peak demand - wind is not reliable enough to be sole source of power.

Both a) and b) can be addressed, but in order to even start working on these problems we need to start using it. It is extremely unlikely that black swan event going to solve our energy issues, much more reasonable to assume that over time we can reduce costs and increase availability/reliability of wind to reduce reliance on other sources.

Don't forget that the Kennedy family blocked a wind farm because it would spoil the view from one of their palaces.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/04/27/kennedy_faces_fight_on_cape_wind/

KGB Darkfall
Cheerio #99024 03/06/12 04:23 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
The lefts desire for an electric car is really fucking stupid at this point. Talking about putting the cart before the horse. Think about it, you're plugging your car into an electrical outlet that is most likely going to be powered by energy supplied from a power plant that runs off coal or other fuel.

I noticed GM has shut down making more Chevy Volts. I guess they finally decided to stop throwing tax payer money at something that isn't up to par. Before we throw more money at a project like the VOLT or any other electrical vehicle, lets think about making energy more efficient going to the electrical outlet before we start plugging shit into it that itself isn't efficient either, like the VOLT.

Natural gas would be a great fuel to use in your vehicle. It's cheap and runs very clean. To think we could use this WHILE we R&D renewable energy. What a concept!

Wolfgang #99026 03/06/12 05:22 PM
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
The company that comes out with the first self contained energy source will rule the world.

I suggest calling Tony Stark.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Wolfgang #99101 03/08/12 09:26 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
The lefts desire for an electric car is really fucking stupid at this point. Talking about putting the cart before the horse. Think about it, you're plugging your car into an electrical outlet that is most likely going to be powered by energy supplied from a power plant that runs off coal or other fuel.

Unsurprisingly you do not understand concept of peak load.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard