KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 14 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,032 Trump card
1,336,056 Picture Thread
476,615 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
JetStar #98231 02/07/12 11:00 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I do not think I have ever heard the phrase " Because the Bible said so " or anything similar. I have heard " because the Constitution said so" , I consider the two very dissimilar.

In regards to marriage, he thinks govt should be out of marriage, and individuals should all have equal rights. In regards to abortion, he does not think federal tax dollars should fund them, or that the federal govt should regulate it - it should be a state matter, though he is personally opposed.

In regards to the military, he is actually for a robust national defense, he simply acknowledges that we are spending way too much money on overseas interventionism and wants to stop that, and close most of the overseas bases and bring the troops home.

He has also said he is not for cutting govt programs that people depend on. He does think that it was a bad idea to start many of the federal programs in the first place, but recognizes that simply chopping domestic programs suddenly is a bad idea. He does say that if we wish to continue being able to afford them without becoming Greece, that we need to stop the overseas intervention.

By cutting spending, and reforming monetary policy he thinks that economic growth will render moot many of the govt programs because the economy will improve and dependence on govt will lessen, and that once things are good - that then we can start looking at ways to reform federal entitlements.

His real positions are quite a bit less drastic than some make them out to be.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #98234 02/07/12 11:25 AM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Sanctity of Life Act

Ron Paul voting record is clear attempt to legislate morality that is very clearly based of Christian Faith:

Quote:

Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion.

* Congressional Summary:Prohibits the expenditure of federal funds for any abortion.Prohibits federal funds from being used for any health benefits coverage that includes coverage of abortion. (Currently, federal funds cannot be used for abortion services and health plans must keep federal funds segregated from any funds for abortion services.)
* Disallows any tax benefits for amounts paid or incurred for an abortion.
* Provides exceptions for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest; or life-endangering maternal condition.

Proponent's Argument for voting Yes:
[Rep. Fortenberry, R-NE]: Americans deserve to know how the government spends their money, and they are right to refuse the use of their tax dollars for highly controversial activities--in this case, abortion. Abortion harms women. It takes the lives of children, and it allows a man to escape his responsibility. The abortion industry many times profits from all of this pain. We can and must do better as a society, and at a minimum, taxpayer dollars should not be involved. This issue has manifested itself most intently during the health care debate. Unless a prohibition is enacted, taxpayers will fund abortion under the framework of the new health care law. Abortion is not health care.

Opponent's Argument for voting No:
[Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-NY]: H.R. 3 is actually dangerous for women's health. By refusing to provide any exceptions to women who are facing serious health conditions--cancer, heart or whatever that may be--you are forcing women to choose to risk their health or to risk bankruptcy, and I think that is morally unacceptable. Under H.R. 3, a woman facing cancer who needs to terminate a pregnancy in order to live might have to go into debt over the $10,000 that the legal and necessary procedure could cost. Despite having both health insurance and tax-preferred savings accounts, this bill would prevent her from having that.
Reference: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act; Bill H.3 ; vote number 11-HV292 on May 4, 2011

Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines.
Allows federal funding for research that utilizes human embryonic stem cells, regardless of the date on which the stem cells were derived from a human embryo, provided such embryos:

1. have been donated from in vitro fertilization clinics;
2. were created for the purposes of fertility treatment;
3. were in excess of the needs of the individuals seeking such treatment and would otherwise be discarded; and
4. were donated by such individuals with written informed consent and without any financial or other inducements.

Proponents support voting YES because:

Since 2 years ago, the last Stem Cell bill, public support has surged for stem cells. Research is proceeding unfettered and, in some cases, without ethical standards in other countries. And even when these countries have ethical standards, our failures are allowing them to gain the scientific edge over the US. Some suggest that it is Congress' role to tell researchers what kinds of cells to use. I suggest we are not the arbiters of research. Instead, we should foster all of these methods, and we should adequately fund and have ethical oversight over all ethical stem cell research.

Opponents support voting NO because:

A good deal has changed in the world of science. Amniotic fluid stem cells are now available to open a broad new area of research. I think the American people would welcome us having a hearing to understand more about this promising new area of science. As it stands today, we will simply have to debate the bill on the merits of information that is well over 2 years old, and I think that is unfortunate.

The recent findings of the pluripotent epithelial cells demonstrates how quickly the world has changed. Wouldn't it be nice to have the researcher before our committee and be able to ask those questions so we may make the best possible judgment for the American people?
Reference: Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act; Bill HR 3 ("First 100 hours") ; vote number 2007-020 on Jan 11, 2007

Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research.
To provide for human embryonic stem cell research. A YES vote would:

* Call for stem cells to be taken from human embryos that were donated from in vitro fertilization clinics
* Require that before the embryos are donated, that it be established that they were created for fertility treatment and in excess of clinical need and otherwise would be discarded
* Stipulate that those donating the embryos give written consent and do not receive any compensation for the donation.
Reference: Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act; Bill HR 810 ; vote number 2005-204 on May 24, 2005

Bar funding for abortion under federal Obamacare plans.
Paul signed H.R.5939

* A bill to prohibit taxpayer funded abortions and to provide for conscience protections, and for other purposes: No funds authorized or appropriated by federal law, and none of the funds in any trust fund to which funds are authorized or appropriated by federal law, shall be expended for any abortion.
* None of the funds authorized or appropriated by federal law, and none of the funds in any trust fund to which funds are authorized or appropriated by federal law, shall be expended for health benefits coverage that includes coverage of abortion.
* No credit shall be allowed under the internal revenue laws with respect to amounts paid or incurred for an abortion or with respect to amounts paid or incurred for a health benefits plan (including premium assistance) that includes coverage of abortion.
* No health care service furnished or operated by the Federal government may include abortion.
* Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as prohibiting purchasing separate abortion coverage or health benefits coverage that includes abortion so long as such coverage is paid for entirely using non-federal funds.
* Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as restricting the ability of any nonfederal health benefits coverage provider from offering abortion coverage, so long as only non-federal funds are used and such coverage shall not be purchased using matching funds required for a federally subsidized program.
* The limitations shall not apply to an abortion if the pregnancy is the result of an act of forcible rape, or incest with a minor; or in the case the woman is in danger of death unless an abortion is performed.
Source: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act 10-HR5939 on Jul 29, 2010

Prohibit federal funding for abortion.
Paul signed No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
* TITLE I: Prohibiting Federally-Funded Abortions and Providing for Conscience ProtectionsProhibits federal funds from being used for any health benefits coverage that includes coverage of abortion. (Currently, federal funds cannot be used for abortion services and plans receiving federal funds must keep federal funds segregated from any funds for abortion services.)
* Excludes from such prohibitions an abortion if: the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest; or the woman would be place in danger of death unless an abortion is performed.

* TITLE II: Elimination of Certain Tax Benefits Relating to AbortionDisqualifies, for purposes of the tax deduction for medical expenses, any amounts paid for an abortion.
* Excludes from the definition of "qualified health plan" after 2013, for purposes of the refundable tax credit for premium assistance for such plans, any plan that includes coverage for abortion.

Source: H.R.3 &S.906 11-HR0003 on May 5, 2011

Prohibit federal funding to groups like Planned Parenthood.
Paul co-sponsored Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act
Congressional Summary: Prohibits providing any federal family planning assistance to an entity unless the entity will not perform, and will not provide any funds to any other entity that performs, an abortion. Excludes an abortion where: (1) the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or an act of incest against a minor; or (2) a physician certifies that the woman suffered from a physical disorder, injury, or illness that would place the woman in danger of death unless an abortion is performed.

Sponsor Remarks by Rep. Mike Pence: It is morally wrong to take the taxpayer dollars of millions of pro-life Americans and use them to promote abortion. Last year, Planned Parenthood received more than $363 million in revenue from government grants; and performed an unprecedented 324,008 abortions. The largest abortion provider in America should not also be the largest recipient of federal funding under Title X. The Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act will prevent any family planning funds under Title X from going to Planned Parenthood or other organizations that perform abortions. It will ensure that abortion providers are not being subsidized with federal tax dollars.

[Linked Image]
JetStar #98236 02/07/12 11:43 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Thats because its all federal funding. He does think that using tax dollars to fund something that approx half of america is opposed to is wrong.

If you look at his overall record, he votes against just about any type of govt spending, and in favor of just about anything that would limit elective govt spending. His voting record is consistent with reducing govt spending, and his economic philosophies - not with the Bible Belt.

This is why I get so frustrated with the left, instead of looking at the overall picture and putting things in context - they tend to pick a narrative, then cherry pick a couple facts, ignore a whole sea of other data that would provide context, and argue an unsound case. The right is also guilty of this, and all it is on either side is extremist politics of division.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #98238 02/07/12 01:24 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I don't see "its federal money" as a good justification for misogyny when there is clear pattern in his voting. Throw newsletter bigotry on top of that and you have less than ideal picture.

Would I be willing to tolerate bigot and misogynist as a President to see some economical changes? That is very difficult question with no clear answer.

[Linked Image]
Sini #98240 02/07/12 02:19 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Ron Paul sounds great until you get to the part where "because bible says so!" start coming out.

He has a lot of great ideas but for the all wrong reasons. Plus, who or what moves into the power vacuum in hypothetical situation where Ron Paul get his every political wish?

Still, considering how little president actually gets to directly dictate, one-term Ron Paul with Democrat Congress and Senate majority might be a good thing. He can be used as a political shield for all the sacred cow slaughter while not really messing with fundamentals.

Did you just post then reply to yourself.

JetStar #98245 02/07/12 03:49 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Federal money already does not fund abortion, PERIOD!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Helemoto #98246 02/07/12 03:52 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
You seem to forget that the Democrats had full control for 2 years and could have passed anything they wanted. They didn't pass any of the gay rights items that everyone tells us they are for but now have proven they lie.

Who is making decisions for women bodies.

As for you saying you would never vote for a republican just shows how close minded you really are.

Now now, Lets define my statement. I would have never vote for anyone in the current field. I reserve my right to vote for anyone.

I like some of Paul's principles, but he can never win. I know you conservatives are going to end up voting for Flip Flop Say Anything To Get Elected Romney.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Sini #98249 02/07/12 04:39 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I don't see "its federal money" as a good justification for misogyny when there is clear pattern in his voting. Throw newsletter bigotry on top of that and you have less than ideal picture.

Would I be willing to tolerate bigot and misogynist as a President to see some economical changes? That is very difficult question with no clear answer.

The accusations of misogyny just simply make no sense. There is indeed a pattern to his voting, but there is absolutely no possibility of making a valid case that this pattern is misogynistic or bigoted.

In fact he blames the "war on drugs" for playing a huge role in the disproportionate imprisonment and persecution of minorities.

Jet, as far as no federal money going to abortion - then why would it matter if someone voted to continue that? I am actually pro-choice, always have been, ( queue your memory regarding my lengthy debates with Vydor on the subject )but I also do not think it should be a taxpayer funded activity.

As far as Paul not being able to win, well that is something that would change if more people got out to vote for him now wouldnt it? Do you vote for who you think will win, or do you vote for what you think is best?

Besides, at the end of the day - I would think liberals would support Paul for one simple reason : the only likely way to avoid a war with Iran is Paul somehow, getting the support to become President. Because despite his recent mild backtracking as election season starts... Obama will take us to war with Iran. So would any of the GOPers except Paul.

I would hope everyone would realize that in addition to the meaningless destruction and loss of life, that there is no way our economy can survive another several trillion dollar war expenditure. China might even take the opportunity to stop buying up our debt... I hope I dont have to explain what will happen if we have an army overseas fighting, a tanking economy - and then several hundred billion dollars worth of US T-Bills sit on the shelves for a while, because noone is buying them.

So at least for THIS election, I would hope you would be registering R and voting in your local primary. Maybe if for the NEXT election, if the Dems somehow managed to find someone other than Senator Wyden or Kucinich with an ounce of decency or principles, or if Wyden ran for Pres then noone would find it odd or uncouth if you switched back.

But right now, in 2012, a vote for anyone but RP is a vote for war. Even if he doesn't win, I would hope people would be interested in at least making a loud protest.

JetStar #98251 02/07/12 04:45 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
You seem to forget that the Democrats had full control for 2 years and could have passed anything they wanted. They didn't pass any of the gay rights items that everyone tells us they are for but now have proven they lie.

Who is making decisions for women bodies.

As for you saying you would never vote for a republican just shows how close minded you really are.

Now now, Lets define my statement. I would have never vote for anyone in the current field. I reserve my right to vote for anyone.

I like some of Paul's principles, but he can never win. I know you conservatives are going to end up voting for Flip Flop Say Anything To Get Elected Romney.

That's how Obama got into office!

JetStar #98252 02/07/12 04:50 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Yeah, lets get rid of the police and fire departments while were at it. I mean do we even need a military! But lets make sure to stay in the bedroom of gays, and deny them equal rights, and make decisions for women regarding their own bodies.

Sounds like WIN to me, NOT

Who are you talking about?

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard