KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Derid #96615 12/18/11 12:34 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

The hell with $10, I'm giving as much as I can.

Funny, at the same time your oppose social programs. Like giving money to the poor, old and sick. I am sure you see your money better spent on attack adds on TV.

Your comments would make more sense if you had even the slightest clue as to wtf you were talking about.

Sorry for not towing your conservative line, but someone has to act in a socially responsible way or the whole country will descend into massive rioting and anarchy.

When your neighbor is eating your children right in front of your eyes, you will have nobody but yourself to blame.

Last edited by sinij; 12/18/11 12:39 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Your argument is based on a false premise Sinij. The disagreement you and I have is that you think the government should confiscate from folks to give to others while I think I should be allowed to give to the folks I choose on my own. In my dynamic society doesn't devolve because my view depends on people being locally socially responsible. For proof that my idea works you need only look at our history before 1960. Communities took care of their own and choosing not to work carried a negative stigma while inability to work garnered sympathy and help from your neighbors. Surely you don't believe that a centralized government hundreds or thousands of miles away can better decide how to allocate money to help your neighbors than you can, living just down the street from them.

As I see it, what it really boils down to is folks like you don't want to expend the time and effort it takes to educate yourself about the needs of those around you, so you advocate for the confiscation of goods from everyone and the government dole so that you can feel good about yourself and preach to others about how they aren't doing enough, as though you paying taxes is all the charity you ever need participate in. Perhaps you can sleep at night secure in the thought that your "charity" is simply propagating a new slave class, but I cannot, and I believe that the way to free people from the bonds of dependency is to allow/force them to fend for themselves with the support of their local community. If you don't believe that will happen then that is another fundamental difference between you and me. I believe that most people are innately good and will choose to help their neighbors, while you seem to believe that people are evil and will only do good when forced.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini #96624 12/18/11 02:52 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight

Funny, at the same time your oppose social programs. Like giving money to the poor, old and sick. I am sure you see your money better spent on attack adds on TV.

Your comments would make more sense if you had even the slightest clue as to wtf you were talking about.

Sorry for not towing your conservative line, but someone has to act in a socially responsible way or the whole country will descend into massive rioting and anarchy.

When your neighbor is eating your children right in front of your eyes, you will have nobody but yourself to blame.

No need to look here, move along folks! Just more absurd bullshit being spewed!

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
For proof that my idea works you need only look at our history before 1960.

Please specify "from" and "until" range when "locally social responsible" was practiced on a wide scale. Usually "before 1960" refers to Crow Law, but I am giving you benefit of the doubt here.

[Linked Image]
Sini #96629 12/18/11 04:52 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Has nothing to do with conservative. You just plainly do not know what you are even talking about. Honestly I am surprised you made the comments you did here, as at times you seem to make an effort to have a clue.

I really dont even know where to begin, or understand why you even bother to post here when you make no effort to even understand the conversation. Having different thoughts is one thing, not even bothering to follow the subject and spouting random moralistic sounding lines at people is something altogether different.

Attack ads? Heh. Socially responsible? You come across as a very socially irresponsible person to be quite honest. *scratches head , and moves on *

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
From the start of our nation. Until the institution of the welfare state.

You were right Wolf. He's about to call me a racist.

Derid #96639 12/18/11 10:31 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
understand why you even bother to post here when you make no effort to even understand the conversation.

You are confusing lack of understanding with open contempt for a number of conservative views.

As to why I post here, that is fairly complex psychological question that cannot be easily answered. I can tell you what are NOT reasons I post here.

I am not posting here to try to convert you to my point of view, you are entitled to your opinions. I am no longer trying to get KGB conservatives to acknowledge my point of view, you are too indoctrinated to even entertain that other points of view could be valid, least that yours might be flawed in some way. I am not trying to enrage or humiliate my opponents, while I frequently mock it is to demonstrate the point by highlighting grotesqueness of your beliefs.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

In that case your position is nothing by revisionist bullshit. Lets look at your social responsibility - Jim Crow Laws, McCarthyism, Smith Act and various workers rights riots, Blair Mountain and miners rights... I got to 1920s, do I need to go on, because it gets worse.

[Linked Image]
Sini #96644 12/19/11 09:00 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
understand why you even bother to post here when you make no effort to even understand the conversation.

You are confusing lack of understanding with open contempt for a number of conservative views.

As to why I post here, that is fairly complex psychological question that cannot be easily answered. I can tell you what are NOT reasons I post here.

I am not posting here to try to convert you to my point of view, you are entitled to your opinions. I am no longer trying to get KGB conservatives to acknowledge my point of view, you are too indoctrinated to even entertain that other points of view could be valid, least that yours might be flawed in some way. I am not trying to enrage or humiliate my opponents, while I frequently mock it is to demonstrate the point by highlighting grotesqueness of your beliefs.

See, what confuses me.... is I thought that you yourself were against things like the NDAA. Maybe I was wrong.

I did not realize that fighting for civil liberties was something you considered grotesque. If that is the case, then I guess I can see why you would start throwing insults at people who were vehement about fighting for civil liberties. I had figured that you somehow were just not cognizant that the conversation was on civil liberties and not economics.

There are, actually, a good amount of liberals who care about civil liberties whether you like it or not though. So, your ranting and the hate directed at me on the subject still provides a lot of illumination as to how much thought you put into things.

But, logical consistency has never seemed to be your forte and I realize that.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #96645 12/19/11 10:09 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council

In that case your position is nothing by revisionist bullshit. Lets look at your social responsibility - Jim Crow Laws, McCarthyism, Smith Act and various workers rights riots, Blair Mountain and miners rights... I got to 1920s, do I need to go on, because it gets worse.
This is the problem. You equate big government laws with local social responsibility. Those are not the same thing.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard