KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Mithus

For own experience here in Brazil, darwinism doesnt work.. because the birth rates of marginalized people are too much high.. so the things just get worse to a level that is unsafe to walk a night or at same places of the cities.
I'm currently doing everything in my power to help others get jobs, both in the USA and in Brazil. I quit a job that I worked at for 14 years making about $60,000 per year so that I could go back to school (1 job created). I'm paying about $10,000 per year to attend school (teachers, janitors, administrators, assistants, etc.). I'm paying about $1,000 per month for an apartment to live in (construction workers, administrators, maintenance workers, etc.). I was only paying $600 for my mortgage payment so now I'm putting even more money in the economy. I pay to keep my lights on, put food on the table and keep fuel in my truck (ridiculously large number of jobs). I am going to school to get a job in the petroleum industry where I will supervise and employ oil field workers the world over. I'm doing every bit of this without a job, because I worked hard when I had one, got promoted because I worked hard, saved money, and am not in debt up to my eyeballs trying to keep up with the Jones's who are out spending money they don't have on things they cannot afford and are about to get kicked out of their home. Just like our government.

let me understand, you are a middle class American, why are you against more taxes on rich people? why they should be able to for example create jobs on other countries and sell their products and services on your country, like to have a call center/help desk on India, or to have Indian programmers developing a software to be used in USA, they should not be taxed heavily or even to be forbidden to use that?
I know iīm simplying too much, but that is only a example...

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Mithus. Its the principle. Heaving taxes on rich people because they are rich... its taxing based purely on popularity.

Also, the govt will always spend what it thinks it CAN spend. Politicians always want to be seen "doing" something, and that "doing" usually involves money. Once you tax the rich to death, well the govt will still "need" MORe money. In history that is always how it works. So they start taxing the middle class, and then the poor.

There is a difference between splitting up the pie differently, and making a larger pie. The USA is the wealthiest, most powerful country on earth because it has historically focused on growing a larger pie, while the rest of the world was focused on fighting over whatever existing pie they already had.

You should read Atlas Shrugged. The concepts would be helpful to your legal career, even if just so you understand alternate world views. A lawyer needs to think like a hacker, and be able to be able to conceptualize many concepts and understand different WAYS of thinking. Even if you do not choose certain outlooks for yourself. I highly recommend giving it a shot, I will even gift it to you on Amazon Kindle if you want.

Last edited by Derid; 10/12/11 09:47 PM. Reason: fixed shit typing

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Derid I saw a resume on that novel, seems interesting.

translate from portuguese to english..

Quote:
Warren Buffett, the third richest man in the world according to the magazine "Forbes", last year earned almost $ 63 million (equivalent to R $ 112 million), but paid $ 6.9 million (R $ 12.2 million) in taxes, as he announced to defend his idea of ​​increasing taxation for higher incomes in the United States.

Republican Congressman Tim Huelskamp published on Wednesday a letter in which Buffett detailed his income tax return. In the document, ensures that the billionaire has managed to reduce its tax base by $ 23 million in charitable contributions, and because much of its revenue comes from investment.

Buffett detailed in the letter that in 2010 earned $ 63 million, but only paid $ 6.9 million in taxes, 17.4% of the tax base of $ 39.8 million, and another $ 15,300 tax withheld on their base salary. The chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Huelskamp said he would like some of their more wealthy, as the chief executive of News Corporation, Rupert Murdoch, follow his example and reveal their statements.

"Clearly many of the richer paying percentages are even lower than mine and make public your information would be useful for legislators could build a more equitable tax bill," Buffett opined. The businessman released on August 15, an editorial in the newspaper "The New York Times" in which she asked that the United States ceased to indulge in the rich tax breaks and proposed raising taxes to billionaires like him.

Buffett believes that the current system, which allows you to sort the profitability of the investments as lower interest rates, is a comparative grievance against the employees in the U.S., where 80% of tax revenues come from taxes on employee relations employee. The "Oracle of Omaha" proposes raising taxes on taxable income over $ 1 million, including dividends and capital gains, and higher taxes for those earning more than $ 10 million a year.

Last edited by Mithus; 10/13/11 03:52 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I agree with Derid, you should definitely read Atlas Shrugged. What the article doesn't address Mithus is that we now know that Buffet owes millions in unpaid taxes. Additionally, if he gave away a large portion of his earnings in charitable contributions to lower his tax burden that's a good thing. Not a loophole. Charity dollars are MUCH more efficient in helping the downtrodden than government money ever could be.

To answer you other question, I'm against raising taxes on the wealthy for several reasons.
1) The wealthiest 10% in this country already pay over 50% of the total taxes.
2) Why would anyone assume that pitting the haves against the have-nots would stop with raising taxes? If a little tax increase is good, why not take all of their money? Where does it stop?
3) Historically, our government revenues have INCREASED when taxes have been LOWERED. The reason for this is because when taxes are lower across the board, more people invest their money in business, creating more jobs. More jobs = more tax revenue.
4) As an adherent to the American Dream, I hope one day, through hard work and dedication, to be one of those wealthy people and I don't want the government to step in and take everything I've worked for.

Maybe I can put this is terms easier to understand. You're in school studying the law. I assume that as an intelligent young man who wants to succeed, you're working hard and getting good grades. What would you say if your professors decided that it wasn't fair for a few of you to have A's while your struggling peers have B's and C's and D's and F's. So, the new plan will be that those of you with A's will give 10 points to those with F's to help them out. Now we only have B's and C's and D's, but its still not fair, so the B's will give 10 points to the D's and now everyone, regardless of how hard they work will have a C. All is fair laugh Happy Days!! Except, will you continue to work hard for an A when you know that no matter what you do you're guaranteed a C? I don' think so. That is EXACTLY the same thing that happens when you take money from one group to give to another in the name of "fairness." Productivity and quality plummet because it doesn't matter what I do, I'll never make more or less than I'm making now. Stagnation ensues and you get EXACTLY where the US is right now, with jobs being farmed out to less expensive workers who will work harder, because the workers here have become complacent and expectant of riches not earned.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council

Is that true?, the article says "where 80% of tax revenues come from taxes on employee relations employee"

2) Why would anyone assume that pitting the haves against the have-nots would stop with raising taxes? If a little tax increase is good, why not take all of their money? Where does it stop?

I think the mainpoint is making the rich paying the same as you worker in comparasion: "The New York Times in which she asked that the United States ceased to indulge in the rich tax"

3) Historically, our government revenues have INCREASED when taxes have been LOWERED. The reason for this is because when taxes are lower across the board, more people invest their money in business, creating more jobs. More jobs = more tax revenue.

More jobs where? overseas, can you tax the china worker? you get my point.

4) As an adherent to the American Dream, I hope one day, through hard work and dedication, to be one of those wealthy people and I don't want the government to step in and take everything I've worked for.

Thatīs a argument of propaganda, nobody wants take your hardwork. cool

Stagnation ensues and you get EXACTLY where the US is right now, with jobs being farmed out to less expensive workers who will work harder, because the workers here have become complacent and expectant of riches not earned.

You know that is not true, the china workers will not work harder, they will receive less money for the same hours of the american work.

Last edited by Mithus; 10/13/11 05:59 AM.

Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council

Is that true?, the article says "where 80% of tax revenues come from taxes on employee relations employee"

CBO reported tax rates The two charts at the top of this page show two things. First that the rich already pay more as a percentage than the rest of the country, and yet the polititards at OWS are yelling for a progressive income tax. Congratulations, you win, we have one! Second, that the wealthiest 20% pay close to 75% of all federal taxes.

I think the mainpoint is making the rich paying the same as you worker in comparasion: "The New York Times in which she asked that the United States ceased to indulge in the rich tax"
I'm sure the rich would love to pay the same as say the bottom 20% of the country. I know I sure would, they pay NOTHING in federal income tax. Hell make it the bottom 40%, they pay nearly nothing.

More jobs where? overseas, can you tax the china worker? you get my point.
Most of our companies would love to be able to put "Made in the U.S.A." on their products, if for no other reason than because many of us would purchase their product exclusively. Unfortunately our ass-backwards tariff system actually penelizes our companies for attempting to do business solely in the US. Look at the current news about Gibson Guitar as an example. They were raided by the government for allegedly illegally importing certain rare woods from Africa (Gibson claims they did everything by the book). They were told by the administration that if they wanted to use those woods all they had to do was relocate part of their manufacturing to Africa, where the wood comes from, because while the import of the raw material is illegal, importing the finished product is not. Gibson refused to ship those jobs overseas and is currently engaged in what will likely become a costly legal battle with the bureaucrats in Washington.

Thatīs a argument of propaganda, nobody wants take your hardwork. cool
What is money if not the representative of my hard work. While I disagree with most of your stances Mithus I could always tell that you put a lot of thought into them. This one falls short.

Stagnation ensues and you get EXACTLY where the US is right now, with jobs being farmed out to less expensive workers who will work harder, because the workers here have become complacent and expectant of riches not earned.

You know that is not true, the china workers will not work harder, they will receive less money for the same hours of the american work.
I was thinking more about the Mexicans who come here to work than the Chinese, but I'll address your point. I've been exposed to many different levels of workforce in this country and I can tell you unequivocally that there is a plethora of people in this country who believe that their jobs are owed to them and they work only so hard as to not get fired. That number increases with every passing generation. Until the Chinese people are free to decide for themselves what job they will do and how they will do it their numbers and virtual slave labor will continue to dominate the market. The only thing, short of war with China, that we can do to address that problem is to put massive tarrifs on goods shipped from China and similar countries so that those products become prohibitively expensive to purchase. Thus driving those products out of the market and negatively impacting the power of China's ruling elite. That's really sad because it should be much easier than that. All the folks who scream about the injustices of the US are probably walking around in clothes and shoes made in China, talking on cell phones made in China with homes filled with products made in China, a country that exploits the weakest among them for the betterment of the ruling class. Do a little research and you will find that there are 10s of millions of people in China who don't even have electricity and who are forced to live hand to mouth because of the oppressive rules of their country.

Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
We should do away with sales tax, implement a flat income tax, and allow all wages to be paid out of employers' EBITDA.

Poor people spend a larger percent of their income to sales tax than the rich do.

For example:
-If you spend your entire paycheck in a week, then you pay out around 8% of your take-home money to sales tax.
-If you can afford to save half of your paycheck every week, then you only pay out around 4% of your money to sales tax.
-If you can afford to save 90% of your paycheck every week, then you pay 0.8% to sales tax - yeah, that's less than 1%.

Setting a flat income tax rate would make it about as fair as it could get...

Allowing employers to pay employee wages out of EBITDA would stimulate job growth by making it less expensive for employers to hire more American workers.

That's my two cents for the evening... I think it would be a hell of a combo. cool

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Bottom line, this is the premise of the occupy wall street want. They want a mother fucking handout, they do not want to WORK to get something. They are lazy mother fuckers PERIOD!

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If you can read a graph, chop this up and smoke it.

Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I like where your head is Sling.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard