KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kaotic #93424 10/08/11 05:49 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Oh don't get me wrong.. I'll debate and bring up the issue with those I don't necessarily wish to keep as friends/etc smile

I consider you all friends and brothers/sisters so it's easier sometimes, like business and family, to keep them separate laugh

Kaotic #93426 10/08/11 06:04 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I too was admonished not to talk about politics and religion, but not by my father. Instead it was "polite society" that made that request of me. Growing up, as I watched my father carefully speak his mind, write letters to the editor of the local paper, and stand up for what he believes in, I learned that if we don't talk about these things openly and honestly then we will never change the status quo and we will simply be the sheeple that the corrupt power seekers want so desperately for us to be. So, I learned when someone says "Don't rock the boat" to respond "Why the hell not?" If they can give me a good reason that's not rooted in shame, then I will. Otherwise its open season on any topic. laugh

HA..because you have folks, most of who are like me, who try and keep it unemotional, but when our value systems are questioned, each one of us usually becomes defensive in some manner. You have to address the issues, yes, but more than that, you have to keep emotion to a minimum if you can. That is what you saw from your father. I find that hard to do sometimes which makes me feel bad later, as I do not dislike anyone for their opinion, even tho in the heat of the moment I would love to knock some sense into them, as if that would work.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Vuldan #93427 10/08/11 07:08 AM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
I would love to knock some sense into them, as if that would work.

It would be easier if that would work wink

Originally Posted By: Vuldan

You have to address the issues, yes, but more than that, you have to keep emotion to a minimum if you can. That is what you saw from your father.

I think that's why he sent so many letters to the editor and why it takes me 15 minutes to type out many of my responses on here. We both have learned to take a step back, read what we wrote and try to take the sting (that we want to deliver) out of the statement. Because we both know that once the other side gets their feelings hurt it becomes nothing but a shouting match and they will never listen to anything you have to say.

Last edited by Kaotic; 10/08/11 07:12 AM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard