KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Quote: " Global warming, thats the worlds greatest current concern. Everyone finds themselves in its grip, from scientists to politicians to the Secretary General of the UN and even.... Leonardo DiCaprio."

Like.. OMG EVEN LEONARDO DICAPRIO.....

I lolled.

Seriously though, it is an interesting piece. I think it is pretty alarmist though.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

Quote: " Global warming, thats the worlds greatest current concern. Everyone finds themselves in its grip, from scientists to politicians to the Secretary General of the UN and even.... Leonardo DiCaprio."

Like.. OMG EVEN LEONARDO DICAPRIO.....

I lolled.

Seriously though, it is an interesting piece. I think it is pretty alarmist though.

Propaganda to the girls about dicaprio..

did you had time to go through all 8 parts?

I didnt know that cars and tranports were only 13% of the problem, to me was like 80%.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus

I didnt know that cars and tranports were only 13% of the problem, to me was like 80%.

And CO2 has a lot less effect than methane and water vapor. But that's useless if what you want to stop are cars and industries.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Never mind the fact that CO2 makes all the trees happy...

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Obama invested in drilling offshore, by loaning Brazil money to do so. Apparently drilling for oil offshore isn't a bad thing if you live in another country. To bad he doesn't feel the same here, while we have more than enough oil,natural gas and coal to get us off the mideast oil. We are loaning countries money to go after their oil. Nothing wrong with temporarily getting our own resources while we R&D for other ways to produce energy. Plus it will add jobs. Something Obama needs.

WRONG

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...llion-brazil-h/

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Derid

Whats wrong with coal? Why should we import oil for power, when we have all the coal we need?

What type of investment? People are already investing in new power... the guy or group who figures out a more cost effective way to generate power than digging oil or coal out of the ground will be the next Rockefeller.

Revolutionizing the future seems kind of vague.

But I more or less agree, except for the coal part. People here in Ohio sit in the unemployment line, while watching as the USA expends trillions overseas in politics and "security" due to oil, while we sit on a huge reserve of coal... and are naturally pretty bitter towards the people who wont let us use it.

Lets really find a way to burn it clean. It is the highest CO2 pollution power generating method.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Obama invested in drilling offshore, by loaning Brazil money to do so. Apparently drilling for oil offshore isn't a bad thing if you live in another country. To bad he doesn't feel the same here, while we have more than enough oil,natural gas and coal to get us off the mideast oil. We are loaning countries money to go after their oil. Nothing wrong with temporarily getting our own resources while we R&D for other ways to produce energy. Plus it will add jobs. Something Obama needs.

WRONG

Also I have to point that Petrobras has a busines plan of investment that is around 224 billions dollars for next 5 years, while 2 billion seems too much, USA loan if is true is less than 1% of total

Quote from PETROBRAS Website
Quote:
The Board of Directors approved the 2010-2014 Business Plan, with total investments of U.S. $ 224 billion, representing an average of U.S. $ 44.8 billion a year.

Based on the economic dynamics and energy, the plan was revised by adjusting the portfolio of projects and the Company's projections. The pillars of integrated growth, profitability and social and environmental responsibility are the basis of the strategies.

The 2010-2014 Business Plan provides for investments of 95% (U.S. $ 212.3 billion) invested in Brazil and 5% (U.S. $ 11.7 billion) overseas, with significant investments placed with the market provider, with a rate totaling 67% local content, which means an annual level of employment in the country about U.S. $ 28.4 billion.

This amount represents an increase of 20% over the previous plan, of which U.S. $ 31.6 billion in new projects, of which 62% dedicated to the Exploration & Production (U.S. $ 19.7 billion). The growth targets for the Company are maintained, including the resources needed for the exploration and development of oil discoveries in the subsalt.

Oil production has the goal of 3.9 million barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe) in 2014 and projection of 5.4 million boe in 2020.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
about the truthometer..

I did a quick research on news(brazilian)the web for 2 billions

"A U.S(Eximbank, Fred Hochberg). bank will lend U.S. $ 2 billion to Petrobras also hire companies or buy U.S. products."

So like Jet said, is false propaganda against Obama, and the money will be back in form % interest and USA jobs.

Last edited by Mithus; 09/16/11 01:59 PM.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Lets really find a way to burn it clean. It is the highest CO2 pollution power generating method.

What's wrong with getting off foriegn oil RIGHT NOW, by drilling our own plus natural gas and other resources we have. All the while, researching & developing other energy resources, and making new resources more efficient? Can you chew gum and walk at the sametime?

If you want to see the middle east change their tune real quick, come out and tell them we will no longer buy their oil. Explain that we are going to drill our own for now, and work towards other resources. Nasa isn't going anywhere, put their ass to work making Solar,Wind,water,rat wheels... ect more efficient. If they can't do it, NOBODY can.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 09/16/11 03:09 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus

WRONG

Also I have to point that Petrobras has a busines plan of investment that is around 224 billions dollars for next 5 years, while 2 billion seems too much, USA loan if is true is less than 1% of total

Quote from PETROBRAS Website
Quote:
The Board of Directors approved the 2010-2014 Business Plan, with total investments of U.S. $ 224 billion, representing an average of U.S. $ 44.8 billion a year.

Based on the economic dynamics and energy, the plan was revised by adjusting the portfolio of projects and the Company's projections. The pillars of integrated growth, profitability and social and environmental responsibility are the basis of the strategies.

The 2010-2014 Business Plan provides for investments of 95% (U.S. $ 212.3 billion) invested in Brazil and 5% (U.S. $ 11.7 billion) overseas, with significant investments placed with the market provider, with a rate totaling 67% local content, which means an annual level of employment in the country about U.S. $ 28.4 billion.

This amount represents an increase of 20% over the previous plan, of which U.S. $ 31.6 billion in new projects, of which 62% dedicated to the Exploration & Production (U.S. $ 19.7 billion). The growth targets for the Company are maintained, including the resources needed for the exploration and development of oil discoveries in the subsalt.

Oil production has the goal of 3.9 million barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe) in 2014 and projection of 5.4 million boe in 2020.

Mithus, its more the fact this administration is willing to make loans for other countries do the thing WE need to. But the left doesn't like to see people working. We could produce our own oil, there's billions of barrels of oil we can tap. If you add in SHALE oil, you can add nearly a trillion more barrels. We could put thousands to work, and we woulnd't be buying OPEC oil, which is comprised of all middle eastern producing countries. What they do production wise in oil dictates how much we pay at the pump. And it doesn't have to be that way, WE HAVE OUR OWN. Yet our President loans money for others to do it.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 09/16/11 02:53 PM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard