KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Hint: I think lot of people in here don't approve the military spending. That's why "vote Ron Paul guys".

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Arkh
Hint: I think lot of people in here don't approve the military spending. That's why "vote Ron Paul guys".

You a exceptional french guy Arkh, you have time to read about US politics, to play online games and to work as a programmer/developer!
Im just a normal brazilian guy that likes online pc games laugh

Last edited by Mithus; 09/12/11 01:07 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I've not followed the entire thread because, well..

To point out something regarding Mithus' question it must also be stated that it is illegal for any hospital, in an emergency situation, to deny care that could mean the difference between life and death even if the person has no money and/or insurance.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
I've not followed the entire thread because, well..

To point out something regarding Mithus' question it must also be stated that it is illegal for any hospital, in an emergency situation, to deny care that could mean the difference between life and death even if the person has no money and/or insurance.

You have missed out then, the thread has been highly entertaining popcorn

As a minor note though Icti - the Federal law only makes hospitals who participate in Medicare obligated not to turn anyone away. It just so happens that almost every hospital does in fact participate in that gov;t program.

Mithus, as to your question about gov't providing for the parcel of people who cannot afford care; my answer is pretty simple.

If gov't is doing the things that gov;t SHOULD be doing, and doing them WELL... then the amount of people unable to care for themselves should easily be covered by private charity. It is when gov't screws up our lives and economy where the number of destitute people would overwhelm the ability of private charity to help care for them.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Mithus
But I find so intriguing you accept all the military spending of billions of U.S. dollars, when it could be invested in education, internal infrastructure, and a cheap unified federal health care system.

This is an example of something the government is supposed to do. Having said that though a lot of our military spending is pork barrel spending in disguise and could be cut out or at least trimmed down to reasonable levels. I've got several good hammers and none of them cost more than $10 but I've seen reports of our government spending over $100 per...

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus
ok I understand yours point of view, and the point that you do not want federal interference.

But I find so intriguing you accept all the military spending of billions of U.S. dollars, when it could be invested in education, internal infrastructure, and a cheap unified federal health care system.

We could cut military spending by 75% and we still wouldn't make a dent in the cost of free healthcare and college education costs. I agree we do need to upgrade infrastructure, but that can be done in time when we can get our Government in control of their spending. THAT above all is what we need to do FIRST!

Healthcare cost would be more affordable, if the federal government would cut the buraucracy, and by adding tort reform. Which cuts out a lot of the frivilous lawsuits that add cost to healthcare. There's many things we can do that will lower cost, but the left isn't happy with that. It's GOVERNMENT ran healthcare or BUST for them. They don't even want to try other ways to cut cost.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Dont forget that fixing the infrastructure can fall under state territory if it is a state bridge,dam or road. Not all things were paid for by the feds.

And Mithus, the health care reform that we talk about is not FREE. They want everyone to pay. Right now I believe it is around 3k a year, which is more then I pay now for a family plan with my company. Those that cant afford to pay now will be forced to pay or pay a fine.

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I'll go for the super everyone pay the same for all around healthcare when...

All elected officials

Top end doctors

Rock stars

Pro athletes

CEO's of fortune 500 companies

All work for minimum wage.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Missing in Action - October 2021
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
I'll go for the super everyone pay the same for all around healthcare when...

All elected officials

Top end doctors

Rock stars

Pro athletes

CEO's of fortune 500 companies

All work for minimum wage.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Derid