KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
JetStar #90474 07/08/11 03:51 PM
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Donk does not have a short attention span. Donk finds a game and dominates. Then while everyone else is catching up Donk finds another game to dominate then goes back to previous game and re dominates.

I'm a trailblazer. I have to go into games and see what the devs are doing differently in hopes of finding a MMO that actually has a playable system worth sticking around in.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Donkleaps #90475 07/08/11 03:55 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
lol qft donk

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
JetStar #90488 07/08/11 11:46 PM
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Keep expectations in check & see how it rolls out. Speculation is not worth the brain power.

They have been stating DF2010 was going to be a completely new engine for a while now ... hopefully they learned a few lessons from DFO.

Still .. nothing like a full loot mmo with siege mechanics & open PvP ... it is my favorite genre.

All games have issues & DF had a good run ... for many of us, it filled the void left by UO & Shadowbane, and other titles ... it brought a good number of KGB'rs together again in game, along with introducing some new blood into KGB ... hell, who can ask for anything more.

It's about the community here, not the game, per se!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Longshanks #90491 07/09/11 04:40 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
For those that continue playing. Would you continue to play and pay to a company that states the following?
All grind and hard work can result nothing, but a paid beta. If there is a split in player base with the new version, or a wipe.

Quote:
During last week’s activity report we spoke of a relaunch for Darkfall. We had talked about major changes to the game in the past using various internal terms such as Darkfall 2010 and Darkfall Arena. So let me explain a bit more about this:

We started with the changes we had in mind for Darkfall, from all the lessons learned since the game went live and in the process we delivered 3 expansions, and more than 60 updates. About a year ago, we decided that we should branch out development and build a new game out of the one we had. This was in order to better implement the major changes we had in mind.It is not a sequel, it’s version 2.0. It’s a very ambitious project, and it’s the product of more than 2 years of lessons learned and evolving the game, and a full year of development with a much larger team than we had for Darkfall. No aspect of the game has been left untouched. It’s very much a new game, but at the same time it’s the next chapter to the game we’re currently playing.

There were concerns about wipes: We’ve considered wipes on various levels, however these are important decisions because while this is like a new game, it’s still the continuation of the current one. Also, the way things will work in the new version, it would not be as necessary to wipe, but wiping would also not be as drastic as it would be in the current version. This is a topic we’ll open up for discussion after we’ve given you more information on the new version of the game, so you can understand all the parameters involved.

There were also questions about having to pay for the relaunch version, and the answer is no if you’ve already bought Darkfall. Active subscribers will have priority in playtesting and in a developer interaction group about the new game. They will also participate in the major events that conclude the first chapter of Darkfall. The ending of the first chapter is the reason we’re bringing the relaunch version of the siege system to the current version. We expect quite a few people that have taken a break from the game to return for the exciting ending of the first chapter and the beginning of the new version.

About an ETA for this, as I mentioned in the last activity report, we’ll know more in August. As far as development goes, the major tasks are almost concluded, however there’s quite a bit of internal testing, balancing and polishing left.

I hope this clears things up a bit more, we’ll follow up with more details on the new version, as these become available.
Thank you for reading.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
JetStar #90518 07/10/11 09:16 AM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Darkfall conceptually is a solid game - it has open PvP, asset control, skill based combat. Unfortunately AV completely botched implementation by forcing proven-to-fail decade-old concepts on the player base.

I see DF as a failure to establish and practice good design decisions. Nobody at AV seem to ever asked "Is it fun?" question while designing and implementing the game.

What is especially annoying is that I could turn the game around with simple database/map fixes in about 3 months. Why can't AV?

Last edited by sinij; 07/10/11 09:19 AM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #90541 07/10/11 06:17 PM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Darkfall was a great game to play for me, but I could not get over the motion sickness. It got hard to play after about 20mins when i was eating crackers and drinking ginger ale to try and not hurl while playing!

Hakaryu Lionheart
Sini #90544 07/10/11 08:28 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: sinij
Darkfall conceptually is a solid game - it has open PvP, asset control, skill based combat. Unfortunately AV completely botched implementation by forcing proven-to-fail decade-old concepts on the player base.

I see DF as a failure to establish and practice good design decisions. Nobody at AV seem to ever asked "Is it fun?" question while designing and implementing the game.

What is especially annoying is that I could turn the game around with simple database/map fixes in about 3 months. Why can't AV?

Yes, great concept, bad delivery.

Former KGB Member
Corpus #90546 07/10/11 09:44 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood
KGB has a more difficult situation than most guilds/clans as it is centered around individuals rather than a game. If we were centered around a game than only those with similar like for that game would be here. Unfortunately or fortunately, we are blessed or cursed, depending on your perspective, with people that have no interest in our current game, who seem to be quite passionate about their dislike of it.

Each of these individuals have different ideas what a game should be and a lot of our ideas are in conflict. If adventurine followed members X advice to the letter many or most other players would say it sucks. In fact as a software developer and a gamer I think following the players/users advice is foolish. Consider it and make your own decision, if they like it they can play/use, if not, who cares? I can speak from my gaming experience, EA did it and we got Trammel and personal Ninja’s; Or my personal professional experience looking at software I wrote 6 years ago still in use today I say to myself today “wtf was I thinking?”. I have followed demands by some only to have to deal with others who were out raged over it. One persons problems is another persons features. You can’t please everybody but you can lose everything trying.

In the end each individual has to decide if they want to play the game, if so cool, maybe we can hook up in game, if not cool, maybe we will hook up in another game. I don’t think most of us have enough info to make any decision yet.

This

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #90949 07/25/11 10:49 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The latest BS from DFO

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/darkfall%E2%80%99s-new-siege-system/

These Siege mechanics won't matter...to keep siege costs down just only have one clan sign up and declare the seige/war then the other clans can just show up party crashing style...

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #90954 07/25/11 03:48 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
DF only needs to do one thing, it's the most important lesson they should have learned a long time ago. "Speed up THE GRIND" If they make the grind more attainable and realize a significant part of the players in game have jobs. And most don't have much time to grind without taking more time out of their lives to get their character in good fighting condition.

I don't think grinding a character should be so fast that you max it out withing a few weeks either. There could be some common ground with this, if they find the right mix they could see a new influx of players. I think that's the biggest issue with darkfall. They are taking to many idea's and throwing them in a box and mixing them up "literally" except for the main one they should be changing IMO "The Grind".

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard