KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tasorin #90434 07/07/11 11:26 AM
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Oh wait, that is right Salachin, you only played DFO with us for about a month...

In the immortal words of Dandelion: Get Shit On!

Agreed !!

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Prism #90444 07/07/11 02:55 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Concerning KGB's current association with this game, why are we even still there. I would end official KGB operations in DFO given the activity levels combined with the games overall status and population levels and the constant retooling this game continues to go through. A redirection of our efforts and man power into games which show more interest or promise, a cleansing of our vent and removal of nonessential personnel from other clans.

We could fall back regroup in a new game and institute a new gaming agenda for the guild, work out the kinks in our restructure of the clan, reassess our membership strength and our future course of action and let new Factions begin such as SWTOR, Salem, Guild Wars 2, etc and allow our more successful older faction of DDO move ahead unimpeded by DFO personnel or events and duties. If we don't get out of the DFO business at least make it a open faction, at this point it all but is anyhow.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #90447 07/07/11 03:13 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Concerning KGB's current association with this game, why are we even still there. I would end official KGB operations in DFO given the activity levels combined with the games overall status and population levels and the constant retooling this game continues to go through. A redirection of our efforts and man power into games which show more interest or promise, a cleansing of our vent and removal of nonessential personnel from other clans.

We could fall back regroup in a new game and institute a new gaming agenda for the guild, work out the kinks in our restructure of the clan, reassess our membership strength and our future course of action and let new Factions begin such as SWTOR, Salem, Guild Wars 2, etc and allow our more successful older faction of DDO move ahead unimpeded by DFO personnel or events and duties. If we don't get out of the DFO business at least make it a open faction, at this point it all but is anyhow.

Personally I have no interest in any of the games you mention. The alliance presence in our vent in no way impedes KGB or other factions.

I continue to serve as High Chancellor in DFO and plan to continue for the foreseeable future.

There is nothing stopping anyone from starting a new faction. With the new Faction State system that will be ratified on July 10th, my ongoing role is diminished anyway. Federal faction support is not a requirement to do any of the things you suggested regarding new factions.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #90449 07/07/11 03:19 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
nvm

JetStar #90453 07/07/11 04:55 PM
Band 6
Band 6
If this leads to a game that isn't a grindfest - I would come back. If it wasn't for the horrible grind for gear, even after you get stats, i'd still be playing this game.

If they eliminate the grind, a la Shadowbane - i'd consider giving it a whirl.

Former KGB Member
Tasorin #90458 07/08/11 06:53 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
The big thing I didn't like in DF was the grind, to hear others in game say "macro X for a few hours & go AFK" or "Macro swimming while you sleep" for training, is not a good thing to hear. It might not have seemed so slow if there was more content in the world, plus the hours looking for PvP & the horrid UI. The need to blend what is good about DF with what was good with Shadowbane.

DF has a great gathering/crafting system, great combat/PvP, no safe zones, no level & great seiging system..

SB Great City system, more content in the world & symbols on the map so it was simple to spot a mob camp.

I have to say I like the class system a bit more, then you have more strategy in the game. It is kind of nice to not have every player have magic missile.

Apparently we were playing two different DFO's. The Siege system was always utter crap, the crafting system was almost joke level, and the gathering system was good in the original EU launch up until they changed how nodes worked, and then really fucked cities when they let rare ores come out of metal nodes.

Oh wait, that is right Salachin, you only played DFO with us for about a month...

In the immortal words of Dandelion: Get Shit On!

Well ok, I didn't say those systems were perfect. Why are you bringing I only played with you guys for a month, I did play DFO before you guys. Your are right about gathering, I will even say, the whole nodes in city was kind of odd. If you had to go out to gather anything PvP would have been better.

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 07/08/11 07:08 AM.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB has a more difficult situation than most guilds/clans as it is centered around individuals rather than a game. If we were centered around a game than only those with similar like for that game would be here. Unfortunately or fortunately, we are blessed or cursed, depending on your perspective, with people that have no interest in our current game, who seem to be quite passionate about their dislike of it.

Each of these individuals have different ideas what a game should be and a lot of our ideas are in conflict. If adventurine followed members X advice to the letter many or most other players would say it sucks. In fact as a software developer and a gamer I think following the players/users advice is foolish. Consider it and make your own decision, if they like it they can play/use, if not, who cares? I can speak from my gaming experience, EA did it and we got Trammel and personal Ninja’s; Or my personal professional experience looking at software I wrote 6 years ago still in use today I say to myself today “wtf was I thinking?”. I have followed demands by some only to have to deal with others who were out raged over it. One persons problems is another persons features. You can’t please everybody but you can lose everything trying.

In the end each individual has to decide if they want to play the game, if so cool, maybe we can hook up in game, if not cool, maybe we will hook up in another game. I don’t think most of us have enough info to make any decision yet.

Corpus #90467 07/08/11 01:08 PM
Band 6
Band 6
Comparing guilds isn't a fair assessment simply because of the fact that darkfall consumes too much of gametime with outdated concepts that it is no longer fun. Also, the type of gamplay KGB centers around isn't casual mmos, it's hardcore mmos. With other clans it is enough to play with friends and it doesn't matter if the game is good or not; that's because they've only been around for 2 weeks and will disband 2 weeks later cause they eventually get bored together.

DF is cool, but I don't think any of us have the real-life time to commit to a game that makes it so hard to get competitive gear and characters - that the ratio of pve to get gear for the average player ( real gear, not crappy waste) versus the time actually fighting is so overwhelmings on pve side, that it's not fun anymore.

If df revamps their game so it's not so (I control this spawn so 99% of the server is fuked), and reduce mindless game mechanics, then ppl will come back. If not, they'll continue how they are now.

A lot went on during df KGB time, but if the game was better, we would all still be playing. At least I would.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #90469 07/08/11 01:35 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well our new state system should make this argument obsolete hopefully. All I know is when those who are playing a game like DFO come crawling on their hands and knees to play some other game after they've become frustrated with DFO I'll laugh and say I told ya so. And that will happen, it's just a matter of time as new games coming out are doing it better and bigger those who are still "playing" are just in denial, it happens and I've said so as much many times in the past, it's about perceived value, and investment verses time in game and the players needs.

The only thing that bothers me is when someone comes to play something else and tries to play it off as if it's only diversionary or to hang out and chit chat with other members who don't play and then gets defensive when that game of choice is run down and tries to justify how cool it still is yet they are not playing it.

when you tell me your playing DFO then fine play it, but don't play some other game and act like DFO is still the shit, because if it was then wtf are you doing playing in some other game. I could excuse it if you are researching your next move from DFO or your curious what is currently in interest, but when your putting more man hours into any game other then DFO then why continue the charade any longer?

Drakiis #90471 07/08/11 02:41 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Well our new state system should make this argument obsolete hopefully. All I know is when those who are playing a game like DFO come crawling on their hands and knees to play some other game after they've become frustrated with DFO I'll laugh and say I told ya so. And that will happen, it's just a matter of time as new games coming out are doing it better and bigger those who are still "playing" are just in denial, it happens and I've said so as much many times in the past, it's about perceived value, and investment verses time in game and the players needs.

The only thing that bothers me is when someone comes to play something else and tries to play it off as if it's only diversionary or to hang out and chit chat with other members who don't play and then gets defensive when that game of choice is run down and tries to justify how cool it still is yet they are not playing it.

when you tell me your playing DFO then fine play it, but don't play some other game and act like DFO is still the shit, because if it was then wtf are you doing playing in some other game. I could excuse it if you are researching your next move from DFO or your curious what is currently in interest, but when your putting more man hours into any game other then DFO then why continue the charade any longer?

I don't agree. It's all about the fun. Some of us are still having fun in the game. Also you can play more than one game at a time. Looks a Donk "Short Attention Span" Leaps. He sometimes plays three games at once. This time it is you with the archaic concepts and thinking my friend.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard