KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,016,951 Trump card
1,338,810 Picture Thread
477,749 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#90368 07/05/11 03:34 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
WHAT IS A RELAUNCH?

Quote:
The Darkfall relaunch: First an ETA: Development should be completed sometime in August and we should know around that time when we’re going to release it and we’ll give out a release date and all the details. This relaunch is not an expansion. It’s a new game we’ve been developing in parallel with the current version of Darkfall. The scope is massive, and it has been difficult to stay on schedule after several unexpected issues we’ve had with the current version, changes and additions we decided to make for the new version, some business developments, and the decision to add the siege system into this version of the game rather than in the relaunch. There are shifting priorities having to do with business issues for this relaunch, and another part being some Asian developments we also need to take into consideration. We can assure you that everything we’re doing in this regard is in the best interest of our players and of Darkfall, and that the relaunch of the game will be very exciting for everyone.

Finally, we try to give you estimates based on our best information at any given time. This is done with the understanding that this is a dynamic environment and that priorities shift every day based on feedback from the live game and from the development process. We understand the frustration of being a player waiting for things to change. We’ve been there, and this is exactly why we’re moving forward with a complete redesign of the game incorporating the lessons learned from the current version, rather than just keep patching up this version. Please know that we are very hard at work trying to make Darkfall the best it can possibly be. We apologize for the inevitable inaccuracies in trying to predict the stages of our development cycle, but we feel it’s better than “it’s done when it’s done”.

What does this mean for the existing player base? Comments?

JetStar #90369 07/05/11 04:45 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Looks like it means you're starting over, possibly combining NA and EU. If they allow character transfers from the current darkfall, I won't even try it. If they are starting over, I may give it a shot to see what or if they really changed the problems.

The main issue I have is with Duping and other exploits. Some people in the game play 24/7 so when they find an exploit they've used it to the max by the time AV would find out. If they can keeps these to a minimum, that would be a big plus.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 07/05/11 04:46 PM.
Wolfgang #90372 07/05/11 06:18 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I told you so.

14 months ago, don't make me pull up the thread. October 2011, press new disks with massive patch, new media drive, new server merge, and finally salad tosser admitting too a paid beta status for the last 2 1/2 years.

Eat a phat fucking hairy Greek dick and die a horrible burning death Adventurine.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #90376 07/05/11 07:07 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
df had a big drop in activitie, so they announced this, I already saw several df players, playing warband-cRPG. They are not crazy to reset a 1-2 year character development to be viable.

But there is a problem in real world and virtual world, once the customer is disapointed they do not come back.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Tasorin #90377 07/05/11 07:10 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
I told you so.

14 months ago, don't make me pull up the thread. October 2011, press new disks with massive patch, new media drive, new server merge, and finally salad tosser admitting too a paid beta status for the last 2 1/2 years.

Eat a phat fucking hairy Greek dick and die a horrible burning death Adventurine.

Have you been communicating with Ms. Cleo again Tas?

Ictinike #90380 07/05/11 07:32 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
That rudie poot bumba rasta-pastahead calls me for her daily info.

I foresee, white men in suits coming for you...the letters "I" and..."R", seem to be prominent, and it looks like a "S". Seems your Uncle is going to visit you Miss Cleo, and ask for some money.

JetStar #90383 07/05/11 09:24 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am not sure if they reset characters, regardless if they do it or not unless they fix the grind there absolutely no point of trying to "fresh start" it.

Even if they fix bunny hopping, ray cycling, bubble, knock-ups and so on... nobody going to suffer through years of grind to get to the endgame.

Sure even with grind, first few month after reset going to be fun, but once power-gap kicks in it will be quitting time for everyone who gave it another shot.

Last edited by sinij; 07/05/11 09:25 PM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #90386 07/05/11 09:51 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
We thought we were promised a player skill based game. We got the worst grinder ever.
Until they remove the grind for PvP relatd things, they can forget about more than couple month surge of activity here and there.

If they remove it, add some much needed graphic perks (bumpmapping anyone ?) and advertise even a little they can relax and enjoy the money.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #90392 07/06/11 09:34 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
You can be skilled up in a matter of a couple months if you glitch out mobs and have a way for someone to push you all the resources needed to gain the skill. What takes years of actual game play is getting your stats up to a point in which you are competitive. The only skills that take a while to level up are the ones that allow for damage mitigation.

Darkfall is just a bad system, and has been since we were playing early EU Alpha. The crux of the problem is one Sr. Developer and his Epic Ego.

Fuck you Tasos, I will see you in hell and enjoy shoving a pineapple up your bunghole backwards.

Tasorin #90395 07/06/11 11:08 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I am curious as to what is going to happen to the game we are playing now? My character?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard