KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
JetStar #86898 04/06/11 11:52 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Lol you fucking barbarians rofl, they're probably thinking why care for the old when they are just going to die anyhow

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #86900 04/06/11 12:07 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Quite frankly we need to call shenanigans and re-roll our Corp. Govt.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #86902 04/06/11 12:31 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Quite frankly we need to call shenanigans and re-roll our Corp. Govt.

/agree totally

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #86905 04/06/11 01:19 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I agree with Jet. But, not in the way you think. I think it's time we quit subusdizing the defense of Europe. Thats why they can afford all the health care plans and pensions pans they enjoy because they don't have to spend as much on defense because we're there.
Second we should require that a company that wants to sell products in the US should be required to produce a certian percent of that product here. (bring back jobs and tax revenue). Other countries including the one where almost everything in America is made, China, have those laws.
I also think the space program should have been turned over to private business a long time ago(i.e. NASA). Think how much money that we could save. Who benefits from it anyway, well we all do in the end, but, who makes a profit off it, not you and I.
If you did these three things you would increase revenue and decrease spending enough to have such a huge surplus that we could reinvest in America's future and educate people provide healthcare that works and put people back to work. Damn am I starting to sound like a liberal. Well I'm not, just somethings just make good sense

StValentine #86906 04/06/11 01:22 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: StValentine
I agree with Jet. But, not in the way you think. I think it's time we quit subusdizing the defense of Europe. Thats why they can afford all the health care plans and pensions pans they enjoy because they don't have to spend as much on defense because we're there.
Second we should require that a company that wants to sell products in the US should be required to produce a certian percent of that product here. (bring back jobs and tax revenue). Other countries including the one where almost everything in America is made, China, have those laws.
I also think the space program should have been turned over to private business a long time ago(i.e. NASA). Think how much money that we could save. Who benefits from it anyway, well we all do in the end, but, who makes a profit off it, not you and I.
If you did these three things you would increase revenue and decrease spending enough to have such a huge surplus that we could reinvest in America's future and educate people provide healthcare that works and put people back to work. Damn am I starting to sound like a liberal. Well I'm not, just somethings just make good sense

Public perception of the NASA budget is very different from reality and has been the subject of controversy since the agency's creation. A 1997 poll reported that Americans had an average estimate of 20% for NASA's share of the federal budget, very different from the actual 0.5% to under 1% that has been maintained throughout the late 90's and first decade of the 2000s

Don't commercialize space yet. We are learning sooooo much.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
StValentine #86907 04/06/11 01:37 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: StValentine

I can't agree on that : the majority of european nations with big healthcare and pension plans can't already pay for it. See how public debts is getting crazy in here. Greece and Iceland did not fail for the lulz. Portugal, Ireland and Spain are not the next for nothing. And Italy, the UK and France will follow fast.

Now, the armies of a country should not be fucking used to mess in any other country if not attacked first (Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya now).
My stance on government is simple :
- an army to defend your citizen against other countries
- a diplomatic corp to not have to use the army
- police and justice system so citizen don't fuck themselves

Nothing more. No state pensions, healthcare, education and all other shit you can think of.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #86940 04/07/11 07:55 AM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Why do they want to get rid of Medicaid? Just change a few things that waste $$, in Illinois a about a year ago, maybe they still do, not sure, they send you a paper every month. So the amount of people on Medicaid each get a slip of paper, so their is cost of paper+ink+printing+mailing them=a lot of wasted $$. Why not just give them a plastic card that as long as they are on Medicaid is good. In New York there is 2 plans for Medicaid, why? What can be the difference? Just have 1 plan.

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 04/07/11 07:58 AM.

Former KGB Member
Salohcin Dragon #86942 04/07/11 08:03 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
You could have public health care, here is how.

Create a Nationalized regulated healthcare system in which every single legal domestic citizen is given a health card.

Then remove the need for Private or Public businesses from having to provide any health care at all as part of an employee's compensation.

Change the Private and Public business tax laws to be simple and fair.

Regulate with auditors the 99% payment of all business taxes, just like is levied on private citizens currently.

Problems solved.

Next Issue..... Sustainable Budget

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #86943 04/07/11 08:22 AM
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
They should do a flat tax also, that could save $$ cause they wouldn't have to redo the tax laws every year. Plus the IRS wouldn't have to print how many is it, 10 different tax forms a year?

Former KGB Member
Salohcin Dragon #86956 04/07/11 12:49 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
You could have public health care, here is how.

Create a Nationalized regulated healthcare system in which every single legal domestic citizen is given a health card.

Then remove the need for Private or Public businesses from having to provide any health care at all as part of an employee's compensation.

Change the Private and Public business tax laws to be simple and fair.

Regulate with auditors the 99% payment of all business taxes, just like is levied on private citizens currently.

Problems solved.

Next Issue..... Sustainable Budget

You left out the incentive part. If government is paying for healthcare you can bet your ass that there will be price caps. If that's the case then what incentive is there for a person to work hard through 8 years of medical school only to come out on the other side with a government job? Some folks will do it because they really want to help others, but most of the really smart folks (those who make the amazing break throughs) would put their minds to work in a field that will compensate them for their efforts.
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
They should do a flat tax also, that could save $$ cause they wouldn't have to redo the tax laws every year. Plus the IRS wouldn't have to print how many is it, 10 different tax forms a year?

With this I agree but not for Salochin's reasons. Printing forms is not the issue here. The simple fact is that with a flat tax the lootholes that currently are exploited by those folks with enough money, or who know the right people (like GE), would disappear. I'm sure folks would be able to come up with other ways to avoid taxes, but since the tax law would be much simpler it would be much easier for those morons at the IRS to figure out when someone is cheating. Additionally, we wouldn't need one IRS agent for every 100 people in the country so you could cut the size of that department by half at least.
Oh, no, those poor government workers would be out of a job. They can find one in the private sector with all of the jobs that would be created by the "evil corporations" who all of a sudden have much more money, since they don't have to pay tax lawyers, pay less in taxes than before, and have the confidence to be able to invest more in their businesses (thus creating jobs) since they don't have to worry about how to shelter their money from whatever crazy tax scheme congress is going to come up with next year.

To Jet's point, it is not now, nor has it ever been the responsibility of the government to make sure you have healthcare, food, shelter or anything other than the freedom to persue your desires. The end result of any of these programs is more and more people who aren't willing to get off their lazy asses and go do something to better their lives. Drakiis may whine like there is no tomorrow, but that man is out busting his ass daily at a shitty job to try to get back on his feet and pull himself up by his bootstraps. I would much rather give money to help some one like that than I would pay for some woman to sit at home and pop out kids that she knows the government will give her a check for, or for folks who have "cronic fatigue" (in the south we call that fucking lazy) and as such are awarded a nice free check from the government because they are "disabled." It makes we want to climb into a bell tower and start laying down the law. The rediculousness that we've allowed our government to perpetrate on us under the guise of helping the populace is nothing more than an opportunity for slimy politicians (on boths sides) to buy votes. To hell with them all. My goal from the last election on out is to vote out whoever is in office. I would much rather NOTHING get done in Washington than for the endless parade of lying, cheating, scumbags to continue to flaunt thier waste of my money.

And if I have to watch one more speech from Nancy (before she hops on the jet that I'm paying for to fly home for the weekend) about how we're going to kill all the old people I'm just going to scream. Maybe if she used some of the money that has made her plastic surgeon wealthy to contribute to some good charities there'd be fewer old people who "would have to eat dog food."

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard