KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,007,058 Trump card
1,337,740 Picture Thread
477,295 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#86450 03/22/11 08:35 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Anyone interested in maybe playing P&P once or twice a week please let myself, Itcinike, or Phaq know so we can get it all set up. Ictinike has purchased a license on a virtual tabletop where we can host the game and share maps an info. With vent it'll be just like all us of setting in the same room. Come along it's gonna be a great time.

RSVP PLEASE

Last edited by StValentine; 03/22/11 08:35 PM.

KGB Master Knight
KGB Master Knight
I as well will buy the server program if he gets buisy im just a noob so once i learn more I will be willing to help with the server

+_+_+_DDO_+_TOONS_+_+_+
Phaq.........Barbarian..lvl 20 TR:15
Narmitru.....Pally.......lvl 9
Phaqheals...Cleric......lvl 7
Omey.........Monk......lvl 11
Phaqfire.....Sorcerer...lvl 20 TR:11 FVS
DontDoTraps..Rogue.....lvl 13
Phaqphight..Fighter....lvl 17
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Some other information..

Eventually we'll take this thread to a private sub-forum so I can release information about the game, during the game, etc without the ability of the entire world's eyes being upon us.

Since I'll have to list particular info such as IP, names, etc I feel it better being under a private forum.

As well there will be some upcoming guidelines for the game and future games. "House Rules" as you will where some things I'll define, from a GM aspect, that I'll expect from the players to keep the game going and remaining fun. Those I'll bullet out at a time coming up.

At this time I'm working with this purchased Virtual Table software and building some modules to run people through. If there is enough interest I'll run several groups through and we'll come up with a schedule of days/times for the group and/or groups that wish to join in on the (I'm hoping) fun of the original PnP style games that ALL the latter games we've played to-date as well will continue to play came from.

Cheers and more info soon!

~Ictinike

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Depending on who is playing and whether they are on fb or not i know many people who use fb to support their online role playing by either using the mass contact list to send private messages and to create private invite only group pages which is easy to do instead of trying to find free forums, all you do is create the page set it to private invite only give the page a title and invite the people you want using fb as a forum is familiar to ppl

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
A lot of ppl dont speak itchy-ese so i'll break it down a gm has a lot of responsibility to do the needed preperation to actually craft the scenarios or campaigns, even when using prexsiting modules a gm will need to know them front to back and may want to make alterations what itchy is probably going to do is link many modules together to form a rough campaign which will give him a good foundation to build on once the modules are done and the players start going off on their its a good plan as long as the grp can stay focused for each module but be ready to free style if they don’t

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Whats the game? I'm in if it's 3.5 or WH old world or 40k.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
4e to start but my purchased product supports multiple rulesets I would just have to devise the campaign against the ruleset and do a *bunch* of work.

I've probably already put in over 60 hours already scraping WoTC data to use and that is just 4e right now.

So far I have scrapped and brought into this tool the:
Players Handbook
Players Handbook 2
Adventurer's Vault
Adventurer's Vault 2
Monster Manual
Monster Manual 2
Monster Manual 3
Monster Vault

Not that 3.5 isn't a consideration.. Just massive work on my end to setup my software to host, which then, allows me to build a campaign, adventurer module, etc after.

Donk, come join us for 4e. I know there are many hard-core 2,3.5 guys out there and I started on 1 and 2 edition. 4e does feel different but so would a new mercedes from a yugo, you just have to get the feel and use to the change smile

If your interested I can share some ideas, the software and how it works with you in a session w/ or w/o other people who want to see this software, the work I've done thusfar and maybe roll up a character to play. Let me know!

Working with Valentine and Phaq now to get this all setup so I have the ability to host multiple games without having to re-learn and re-do all the background data so it's going to take me another week or so to get all this down before actually playing.

Would love to have ya Donk-a-Donk smile

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Anything after AD&D is garbage. WotWC can suck my 8in around schlong.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, let me say I would support a campaign and play once or twice a week. Just be forewarned, I don't fuck around when it comes to D&D or WH40K.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
That makes two of us i take great pains to play to the hilt or deliver a quality campaign, i have been known for killing off party members if they oppose my characters beliefs or go contray to the goals of the grp

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Now don't go scaring the piss outta me day one wink

It's been awhile, I believe, for most of us (Drakiis excluded) because I know he's played in the last 4-6 years. The rest of us who wanted to start this haven't smile

I'll be DM'ing using the `Virtual Tabletop` software Fantasy Grounds 2 which allows me to build modules of adventures, campaigns, and all the goodies that goes into making a good PnP game. I'm working on those now by scraping WoTC site and use of their D&D Insider account. For now things are progressing well and Valentine are working through the software so we can understand it and use it to it's fullest potential.

That being said, again, it's been awhile since we all played like this and *cough* used our imaginations. Sure Tas uses his each night he believes "WotWC can suck my 8in around schlong." but I digress.. We'll get there and I would love for this ride to include as many as wish to participate.

In doing so it does take time and right now I'm converting over some of the existing 4E modules/adventures into the software and learning how to run them locally. Once I have a few converted over we'll open a campaign for 4-5 players per session and run them through a few "delves" before opening the bigger campaign. This will allow those unfamiliar with the software, D&D in particular as well just getting used to the idea of Pen and Paper style games. We'll roll up characters, create a character sheet on my software (which persists from session to session) and start the mini adventures soon. Most will be trial and error so no hard-core bitching can happen, for it's meant to be enjoyable and fun.

Once the players have established a good rapport with the software, how things will work, etc, we'll open up the bigger campaign that I believe has 3-4 small campaigns with no less than 6-9 adventures per mini. That's a bunch of content I have to build up and have no problem doing as long as people respect what has to be done laugh

Within the next week "or so" I'll have some pre-made mini adventures to dive right into for everyone to join and experiment with. Those that continue and remain we'll begin the bigger campaign have it be 4-5 players or two groups of 4-5; whomever wishes.

I figure I can do maybe 2 nights a week right now for an hour or two each. If we have 2 groups of 4-5 players then 1 night will be used for each group. If we only have 1 group, that group will go both nights if agreeable to the players.

Whew, OK.. enough for now and I'm back to developing content.

Post your inquiries, questions, comments (sure, whatever you think is applicable) and we'll post back. Anyone wishing to check out the software can again go to www.fantasygrounds.com and check it out. I purchased the $150 "Ultimate" version so I can DM for anyone using a licensed copy -or- just download and install as unregistered. I did this so there is no cost to you, for now.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard