KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
My only issue is the time it takes.

To go from 86.0 Withcraft to 100.0 Withcraft, requires about 13 days of offline time. If it would gain while I was online as well it'd be okay, but since I would have to give up 13 full days of play time to reach 100.0; it would still seem better to macro the spells.

Still, for those with limited play time; although it may be an extremely slow offline skill gain, it still gives them the chance to gain some skill points while logged off.

That is a bit long & if you are online it doesn't train!!!??? That seems to be a dumb thing for the devs to do. Wow, they did do it "Meditation will also pause when you log in the game and resume when you log back out." oh man, the off line training could have made some come back, but never mind that.

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 12/12/10 09:30 AM.

Former KGB Member
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
took them long enough...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
-- Tasho / Jaguar --
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Silly players.

Its not about you, and your skill gain ratio for in-game macro vs. offline skill gain.

Its about account subscriptions and trying to retain and regain as many as possible in the time that Darkfall has left. See this way you could be playing oh I don't know maybe WoW Cata, while skill gaining offline in DFO.

The point being, AV needs the monthly subs. There is no chance of a disk re-release for an expansion or any type of future unit sales boon in AV's future. All they have left is the monthly sub cycles to pay the bills.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
this just in: still no reason to play Grindfall :P

[Linked Image]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Now they need to make the UI better & put more in that huge empty world. Or maybe redo the city system & make them buildable anywhere like in Shadowbane. Oh & still speed up training,

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 12/15/10 08:40 AM.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
Now they need to make the UI better & put more in that huge empty world. Or maybe redo the city system & make them buildable anywhere like in Shadowbane. Oh & still speed up training,

This is one of the main reasons I quit DF.
The amount of time it took to level was hurting my brain, and the fact that city building was where they placed the city.
The promised freedom of the game got me to buy it and the lack of freedom got me out.
The world is to small, I did like the vast openness of the game.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
To me there is two main reason to KGBers left DFO but one of them they will not admit.

First is the "grind", to give you an exemple, how blame someone for not playing DFO, when to be competitive you need to leave you PC turned on for countless hours of afk swimming, or hours of boring gathering(stones,trees).

Second is they suck hard to the MMO+FPS style(its not that point and click type game) and they will tell you that they are amazing FPS players :P, to be succefful in DFO you need to master solo and group skills, and when we get rolfstomped over and over again, we tend to give other excuses and blame some bad aspect of the game, instead of overcome and try to be better.

Last edited by Mithus; 12/15/10 04:46 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus
To me there is two main reason to KGBers left DFO but one of them they will not admit.

First is the "grind", to give you an exemple, how blame someone for not playing DFO, when to be competitive you need to leave you PC turned on for countless hours of afk swimming, or hours of boring gathering(stones,trees).

Second is they suck hard to the MMO+FPS style(its not that point and click type game) and they will tell you that they are amazing FPS players :P, to be succefful in DFO you need to master solo and group skills, and when we get rolfstomped over and over again, we tend to give other excuses and blame some bad aspect of the game, instead of overcome and try to be better.

You are absolutely correct!

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Originally Posted By: Mithus

You are absolutely correct!

i completely disaggree with you on this quote i quit because of the game mechanic i belive they sucked and completely needs to be revised. also time is the new zone was also gay since the time to have people help that realy happen either these are some of the reason why i left other people might have different reason but this is why i left for the 2nd time in a row

aka DirtyFingers lvl 17 monk (light), Nakles lvl 16 barbarian tank, Nakle lvl 18 sorce, Sportinwood lvl 19 cleric, NastyMusic lvl 14 bard, Nauthythief lvl 13 rogue & lvl 1 ranger total level 14 and lvl 6 bloodyknives fighter.
P
Former Member
Former Member
P
I agree with you there to a degree Mithus. The "grind" is one reason I left, but I only took a 2-3 month break and expected to hardcore grind when I returned. And I did.

My only issue with people that left Darkfall is this, in a nutshell:

1. If you left due to the "grind" ... I understand.
2. Explaining that's why you left ... Thank you. So at least we know.
3. Talking down on the people in KGB whom continue to play DFO, regardless of the "grind" ... unsatisfactory.
4. Any other reasons you left (i.e. money got tight, family issues, work getting busy, etc.), understandable.

But again, if you quit the game, don't talk shit to the others whom obviously still enjoy it. Negativity within the Clan towards other Clanmates that are still having fun is demoralizing & does not need to happen, nor needs to be tolerated.
Simply put, if you don't enjoy a game, personally, don't play it & explain your reasons, but there is no need to harp on others whom still play just because you don't get satisfaction from it anymore. It's pointless & you will eventually not be looked at too nicely by the others you've unwillingly spoke down upon.

*steps off his soapbox*

Thank you for your time & patience.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard