KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,007,058 Trump card
1,337,740 Picture Thread
477,295 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
DARKFALL OFFLINE SKILL GAIN

You can read about the new MEDITATION system for offline skill gain in DFO below:

LINK

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I hope if this gets popular, that they will extend to all skills.

This would bring lots of people back to the game.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
My only issue is the time it takes.

To go from 86.0 Withcraft to 100.0 Withcraft, requires about 13 days of offline time. If it would gain while I was online as well it'd be okay, but since I would have to give up 13 full days of play time to reach 100.0; it would still seem better to macro the spells.

Still, for those with limited play time; although it may be an extremely slow offline skill gain, it still gives them the chance to gain some skill points while logged off.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
P
Former Member
Former Member
P
I agree there Romeo, but here is also the negativity from Meditating for leveling vs. macro'ing it:

Meditating not only forces you to go offline for said amount of time to achieve your end goal, but it also only achieves said goal to the school of magic. NOT THE SPELLS INVOLVED THAT YOU WOULD MACRO AS YOU LEVEL THE SCHOOL.
So by reaching 100 in let's say, Fire Magic, your Haste, Fireball, etc. would still need purchased (1.00 skill when purchased) & would still need leveled to be effective.
VERSUSES:
Macro'ing until you reached a spell, then macro'ing that spell for the skill gain in said spell, along with School Level raise as well.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Pickens Heretic
I agree there Romeo, but here is also the negativity from Meditating for leveling vs. macro'ing it:

Meditating not only forces you to go offline for said amount of time to achieve your end goal, but it also only achieves said goal to the school of magic. NOT THE SPELLS INVOLVED THAT YOU WOULD MACRO AS YOU LEVEL THE SCHOOL.
So by reaching 100 in let's say, Fire Magic, your Haste, Fireball, etc. would still need purchased (1.00 skill when purchased) & would still need leveled to be effective.
VERSUSES:
Macro'ing until you reached a spell, then macro'ing that spell for the skill gain in said spell, along with School Level raise as well.

Yep, another very good point.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
What new character will have hundreds of thousands of gold to do this? Exactly.. Vets will continue, with stores of money, will do this to top off their schools all the while not being in game.

I guess what this does do is take so many people out of the game no one will be around to do much so it's easy farming for the noobies.

I dunno, another band-aid thrown at a sucking chest wound IMO.

Maybe it could work with better fore thought but as it stands now I just see people offline skilling and not actively playing and how can you pvp kill someone for loot/reagents/gear while they are offline?

P
Former Member
Former Member
P
Exactly Icky. It would be a "descent" thing to do I guess, if you were going away on Christmas Vacation or what have you ... but other than that, just macro.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
There is also the idea that AV will eventually be the ones dealing their game a killing blow, as the reduction to server population due to offline skilling may in the end create a power core of players powerful enough to eradicate the few left actually playing, offline skilling will leave few people in the game, thus giving others few reasons to continue playing it, and while those that do will see a phenomenon where they are impossibly out classed and quit anyhow regardless of the server population.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Definately meant for the lower levels, say 1-50 ... I am using it now to raise my water school, so I can get the int buff mostly @ 70.

This gives the opportunity to raise something else (spells) while I am active in game, not a bad thing.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Just an FYI: .. for 2k, overnight 10-12 hours I suppose, I went from 28 to 32 water .. so ~500 gold per pont at lower levels & I had 3 points left when I logged in (so -1 hour for server down).

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard