KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,015,360 Trump card
1,338,556 Picture Thread
477,610 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
They vaguely talk about the DF trade mechanics. Really the only info you get from it is that they keep talking about carvans and trade via ship so they must really be coding the game to force players to do trade this way. Which opens you up to being attacked by pirates or land bandits. Hopefully it's a good idea that leads to a lot of fun times protecting and stealing loot from enemy guild's caravans.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/719/719331p1.html

Also one of the screen shots you'll notice a guild emblem painted on the back of the guy's plate armor. Question is, would you notice it on the battlefield and be able to avoid hitting a guildmate because of seeing it?

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Time to wear uniforms again? If emblems are such a pain then maybe we can have our guild blacksmiths and tailors craft the same helmet/chest/legplate combination for all our warriors, and the same robes for all our casters. Same color and all. That way unless the enemy decides to dress like us to confuse us in battle, we can usually tell right off the bat who's KGB and who's dead :P

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
maybe the specific KGB emblem will automatically appear on the guild members, and not on others - like in Shadowbane and Guild Wars?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
I'm alittle unsure what your question was Crim but I think the answer is that the guild emblem is created by the Guild Master for only his members. He'll have a massive list of possible icons to use as well as colors and then once an official emblem is chosen it's forever linked to that guild charter.

At this point only KGB members can have that emblem on their stuff, but at the same time I think it's optional if a member wants the emblem or not.

Just a side note, the emblems will show up on a lot of things... the sail of a ship, a long narrow banner hanging from the side of a building, armor, clothes and flags. Kind of a cool thought to imagine that the clan stone KGB claims for itself is connected to a near by mine shaft, and once we make that mine shaft operational a KGB flag appears at the cave entrance. Letting everyone know that they are entering a KGB owned mine shaft, or shipyard, or lumbermill, or quarry....

I also like the idea of uniforms being a real part of our army's dress again. Back in UO we all had to wear a blue apron with a red sash. Or a red cape. Some combination like that. It made seeing allies easy and even more important it makes us and KGB look bad-ass... not hard to recruit when you have public scenes like this....

Hall of Fame record
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Im pretty sure they stated that you would be able to see health bars or hovering names above your guild or group mates only. Not 100% sure though. This would make it a bit easier in large battles.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Im preety sure thats not true Chez. You can only see names when you right click on a avatar.

Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
He may be right about Only above groupmates heads. We really haven't heard jack about groups in DFO so I couldn't say for sure. Only thing I do know for sure is that in general you don't see names or health bars above people's heads.

I personally would like for groupmates, and even guildmates to have some kind of indicator above their char. DFO will have friendly fire, which makes life hard enough as it is, they really could help us out alittle by marking who our friendlies are.

Hall of Fame record
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
It might help in holding back the zerg factor. Would really need to play it to tell if it was to much trouble or not.

Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
If these hardcore pvp features stay in through beta then DF is going to really require organization to win at. AE dmg spells kill friendlies and AE heals heal enemies as well. So the days of just spamming an AE blast or a healer spamming group heal are gonna be for the most part gone.

When the battle starts, and both groups haven't engaged yet you'll use the AE spells but once the two armies engaged eachother in hand to hand combat either you only get single target heals or you learn to train all heavily injured people to fall back and stand by a healer for an AE heal.

Hall of Fame record
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Hahah, I'd love it even more if AOE heals healed everyone within the radius, including enemies.

Melee 4tW!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard