KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
afshin #7838 07/19/06 08:26 AM
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
i was intrested in warhammer then i found out that Mythic and EA recently joined forces so I am sure they are going to fuck the game up

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Elph #7839 07/19/06 12:03 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Mythic will be developing the game...EA is just a publisher

EA still kept around the Mythic staff that developed Daoc so we can still expect a great game

afshin #7840 07/20/06 02:04 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
There's a new warhammer video out on YouTube.com. Sorry I don't have the link on hand but you could probably just doa search for Warhammer video and find it. It's like 6 minutes long and shows the dev trolling around ina newbie area killing mobs and doing a quest.

Although I still feel like it's WoW 2 and so will be boring after the first 3 months, I will give credit to them in their questing system. They say that quests are public, as in if the quest you got was to kill 10 dogs by the farm then when you got to the farm if someone else was there and they already killed 5 dogs Your quest log would update to having 5 dogs already killed. You wouldn't have to join groups or share quests, the two of you would just keep killing dogs and the quest would be completed for you both. Furthermore the quest can be repeated I guess for more exp grinding.

This is a good thing because one of the major downsides to the questing in WoW was, you'd want to quest with a friend but after just a few days the two of you would have such different quest logs that you couldn't even group. Forced to group with random people instead of your friend that's actually online.

However the best solution of all is how Darkfall online is doing it! Skill based / non-loot dependent system! When a friend logs on you both can go to the same spawn and skill up swords together. There are quests in DFO but they seem to be for getting access to new skills. So you can easily just solo skill up your skills and when a friend gets on go to do the quest. And in this case neither person feels like they wasted anytime.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard