KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Vuldan #75500 09/09/10 05:26 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Vuldan you sissy pants, don't play nice now come on out and say it the way you feel it.

I don't understand why you can burn a bible and any other religious book in the world but not the mighty Quran... they are all just books.

Have we (Nation) sunk so low, or are we so weak that just the mention of something that might happen scares us to death.

You would hope we could all respect each other’s Holy books; after all it does not really cost us anything..... but damn I hate to be threatened.

I just do not understand why everything about Muslims has to be on their terms or else and what does that say about us that we cave so easily.

10 yrs Army.... America and my belief in our way of life is my religion.

Banshee #75514 09/09/10 10:28 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Vuldan, I thought that was what I was saying. In any case, my understanding was the religios folk having some say was the same as any other persons/group having some say - not as a "Church" but as citizens.

However, I am under the understanding that this "say" is also limited by the fact that all religions have the same freedom from interference, which implies limited roles of religion in government - since it is self-evident that due to differences in principles and beliefs - govt taking the image of one particular religion or sect would automatically entail discrimination against another.

Or in other words, the only practical way to treat each religion equally is to maintain a wall of seperation; though the term as coined was in regards to govt effecting religion - I believe subsequent Supreme Court rulings have established that the separation goes both ways.

Of course, debate still occurs around the topic of exactly what is and is not constitutionally permissible.

Vuldan #75517 09/10/10 01:25 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
the most amazing fact is that we live in a country were we can have such a discussion as part of normal civil discourse, without the fear of governmental intervention. That we can talk and share our differrences without it leading to mass bloodshed and bombings, or the government imprisoning us is what makes our country and the people in it the greatest in the world. Sorry, don't mean to sound elitist, thats just how I truly feel.

Banshee #75522 09/10/10 05:05 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Banshee
Vuldan you sissy pants, don't play nice now come on out and say it the way you feel it.

I don't understand why you can burn a bible and any other religious book in the world but not the mighty Quran... they are all just books.

Have we (Nation) sunk so low, or are we so weak that just the mention of something that might happen scares us to death.

You would hope we could all respect each other’s Holy books; after all it does not really cost us anything..... but damn I hate to be threatened.

I just do not understand why everything about Muslims has to be on their terms or else and what does that say about us that we cave so easily.

10 yrs Army.... America and my belief in our way of life is my religion.

LOL. I was saying exactly what I think about this particular arguement. There are a lot of right facts in this arguement and wrong ones, and I was simply trying to balance some perspectives. None of the arguement was about whether I thought we should do this or that, but what was legally, constitutionally and ethically right.

At the basic core, my statement was clarification. I have absolutely no love for any religion, period. Notice I say "religion". That is my choice, and my freedom. Islam and the muslim faith is still so far behind the rest of the world in terms of simple belief structures and basic human rights within the religion that it is almost barbaric in some cases. Christianity can rarely claim a higher calling either. According to David Barrett et al, editors of the "World Christian Encyclopedia: A comparative survey of churches and religions - AD 30 to 2200," there are 19 major world religions which are subdivided into a total of 270 large religious groups, and many smaller ones. 34,000 separate Christian groups have been identified in the world. And the funniest part if all that is each one thinks THEY are right. Give me a freakin break.

No Banshee, it was not sissy pants you raving southern psychopath, it was about rights and the Constitution. We do not have to like a thing, we do not have to agree with a thing, we do not even have to accept a thing, for it to be something I will defend as a right of someone to do under the Constitution. That was all I was saying. The hawk part of my mind has a completely different response to it all. At the basic level, neither the Mosque in New York City nor the minister in Florida would fair well.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Vuldan #75539 09/10/10 10:13 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
At the basic core, my statement was clarification. I have absolutely no love for any religion, period. Notice I say "religion". That is my choice, and my freedom. Islam and the muslim faith is still so far behind the rest of the world in terms of simple belief structures and basic human rights within the religion that it is almost barbaric in some cases. Christianity can rarely claim a higher calling either. According to David Barrett et al, editors of the "World Christian Encyclopedia: A comparative survey of churches and religions - AD 30 to 2200," there are 19 major world religions which are subdivided into a total of 270 large religious groups, and many smaller ones. 34,000 separate Christian groups have been identified in the world. And the funniest part if all that is each one thinks THEY are right. Give me a freakin break.

/agree 100%

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #75546 09/10/10 10:28 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Like I
said there is only 2 religions in this world. True and false

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Ken_Kamillion #75551 09/10/10 10:55 AM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight

This one being the true one.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Vuldan #75560 09/10/10 12:59 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
I have done some extensive study on the religions of the world. I will stay completely out of that discussion out of respect for the all the different belief systems here. How you believe is not for me to question or change. Time will tell on both of these issues, and I predict they will both result in acts of violence as people with petty minds and beliefs react rather than respond.

I have actually read and studied a non King James Bible, The Qu'ran, and the Torah. Call it a side effect of a deeply ecumenical Father at a Catholic School who believed the more you knew about someones belief system and dogma the better you could understand there point and position and the easier it is to have an open informed dialogue.

Its real real real easy. There is only one Yahweh, and that cosmic force is the God of Abraham, the Father of Jesus, and the inspiration and guiding light of the prophet Muhammad, end of discussion.

There is only "People of The Book" and "People not of the Book"

The problem isn't the dogmatic structures of these three Religions, the problem is in almost cultist fanaticism that is wrapped in the shroud of these religions that exist in each of these 3 Religions.

Extremist Muslims are borderline Fascists bent on spreading the word of Islam by the sword. Fanatic Christians, while less militant in nature are just as insidious as they spew rhetoric and stir emotions based on lies and deceit in the name of Christ. Militant Hebrews/Jews who seek the destruction or removal of any of there 5,000 year old territorial enemies in the holy lands are right up there in the Bullshit Factor.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Arkh #75593 09/10/10 04:35 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Arkh

This one being the true one.

I am actually a member and have the silver emblem on my car!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Tasorin #75597 09/10/10 04:56 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

I have actually read and studied a non King James Bible, The Qu'ran, and the Torah. Call it a side effect of a deeply ecumenical Father at a Catholic School who believed the more you knew about someones belief system and dogma the better you could understand there point and position and the easier it is to have an open informed dialogue.

My Father had the same idea, only from a different viewpoint being the extreme right wing he is. My open and curious mind was "allowed" to drift so as to learn how to exploit the weaknesses prevalent in doctrinal organized religions, specifically Muslim beliefs.

Essentially "know their beliefs so that you can better kill them." It's a extreme version of know thine enemy, and just so you know my Father is a racist, and a fanatic old cold war warrior, some things die hard or never die in his case. I do not subscribe to his beliefs, I simply find other religions fascinating and historic in nature.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard