KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,006,568 Trump card
1,337,650 Picture Thread
477,265 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#74940 09/03/10 11:37 AM
KGB Master Knight
OP Offline
KGB Master Knight
There are three different ways to PvP in DDO:

Challenges

Using the PvP challenge system, you can chose an opponant from any public zone by clicking on them, and hitting the "challenge" icon on your inspect orb. You and your opponant are transported to a private arena to settle your differences!

Open Tavern Brawls

Maybe you'd like to duke it out in a non-team free for all? Some taverns feature a special area where anyone can jump in and start to PvP with whoever is standing around! In these open PvP brawling pits, it's everyone for themselves, and it can encompass beyond 12 players at a time. No one has to be on a team, and there's no special steps to take prior to going in - just step into the pit, and start swinging!

You will receive an alert when you have crossed into the the PvP enabled area, and when you have exited the PvP enabled area. What if you die in the brawl pit? Just step outside the PvP area and you'll be able to spring back to life. You'll want to speak with the tavern keeper though for some drink and food to regenerate your health and spell points back up, and nurse your bruised pride. Brawling is a quick and fun way to have a little PvP action inbetween your quest!

Global Match-up Arenas <<~~ grin

If you'd like to be placed on a PvP team against others from anywhere on your server, you'll want to visit Jackson Laws, located in any tavern that has a PvP brawl pit. Any player can speak with Jackson Laws and enter into a team matching queue where players wait for teams to be matched up according to level and number of players. If there are not enough players to make up two full teams within 30 seconds, players will be queued for a 6 vs. 5 match, and 30 seconds later, a 5 vs. 5 match, etc., until it matches a suitable combination based on how many players are in queue. The matching system uses 6 tiers to assign teams based on player level:

Level 1-2 are grouped together
Level 3-5 are grouped together
Level 6-8 are grouped together
Level 9-12 are grouped together
Level 13-16 are grouped together
Level 17- 20 are grouped together

Players can choose their own teams before choosing the arena, and immediately teleport to the PvP match when your party leader is ready to enter an arena! Simply start by forming a party. Once the party is formed, the party leader will be able to right-click on the party UI and choose "Convert to PVP Group." You can now add up to 12 people, as if you're going on a raid (max 6 vs. 6). Then assign each player to the red or blue team, or have the game assign a player to a "random" team.
When the team is assigned, the party leader can select an arena event, click “Choose,” and the PVP group is teleported into the arena for battle!

If you prefer the original matching system, it is still available. Simply speak to Jackson Laws, the arena NPC.

Here are a few tips to remember when using this system:
Assigning a team member to "Random" clears the assigned team color. Upon entering the arena, undesignated players are assigned to the red or blue team randomly. (the system will automatically attempt to balance the number of players on each team).
Upon entering the arena, the team will appear to be disbanded, and party and voice chat will appear disabled. However, once inside the arena, you'll notice the red and blue teams will be grouped separately, and party and voice chat will be re-enabled for each team.
When an arena event is over, the party disbands. Players will be teleported back to their starting location in town.

+_+_+_DDO_+_TOONS_+_+_+
Phaq.........Barbarian..lvl 20 TR:15
Narmitru.....Pally.......lvl 9
Phaqheals...Cleric......lvl 7
Omey.........Monk......lvl 11
Phaqfire.....Sorcerer...lvl 20 TR:11 FVS
DontDoTraps..Rogue.....lvl 13
Phaqphight..Fighter....lvl 17
Phaq Death #74941 09/03/10 11:48 AM
KGB Master Knight
OP Offline
KGB Master Knight
I would like to do some arenas.... I think it would be a great idea to to get away from the XP grind once and a while and just open up a can smile

The only problem I found is there is not hardley any Arean teams ever running that I have found..

Let me know your ideas.. I was thinking maby we could try to group up in a tavern.. Show how awsome our group is.
and just let people know in the tavern that we want a arena match..
We could start something wink

+_+_+_DDO_+_TOONS_+_+_+
Phaq Death #74942 09/03/10 11:49 AM
KGB Master Knight
OP Offline
KGB Master Knight
Also guys group up 2 gether pvp eachother and discuss your spells and such, this will help eachother max out our skills smile

+_+_+_DDO_+_TOONS_+_+_+
Phaq Death #74978 09/03/10 09:32 PM
V
Vurgil
Unregistered
Vurgil
Unregistered
V
ha! Zuork and I tried a little pvp to see who was better...though I got owned badly... But it was a bit difficult in public areas cause there were people interfering with us and it was annoying... My fighter is weak compared to zuorks barb but I'm still sure my wizzy is stronger then twiinkys sorcerer lol

#74980 09/03/10 11:01 PM
KGB Master Knight
OP Offline
KGB Master Knight
lol vurg give him some pointers man then see how he does

+_+_+_DDO_+_TOONS_+_+_+
Phaq Death #74987 09/04/10 03:06 AM
P
Former Member
Former Member
P
One thing that I always did was, when I was the one pulling a party for a Raid, I'd also have posted that immediately after the Raid, all Party Members were expected to have a quick fun run through an Arena Battle.
Surprisingly, it worked out a lot.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Yeah it was a great pvp with vurgil there but many people messing around make things really hard xD indeed it was really fun when he counted 3, 2, 1 and then a wiz appeared and used hold on us hahahha then vurgil said "OMG"... and the barbarian have the advantage of sunder and trip DC been very high(my strenght goes to 30 with the rages active so for sunder its DC 20 but for trip i got a great sword of vetigo +4 that I only use for pvp that improves the DC to 24 to the balance check and i havent seen many people wasting points in this skill so things get really easy for me against some higher lvl players... and of course i have balance skill this is one of the dwarven best choices for pvp skills because it's dwarven +4 bonus even not been a barbarian class skill wink

Zuork_AlienZ #75000 09/04/10 09:59 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
and it would be cool to see others sharing theyrs pvp experiences here, pvp in DDO is far from being what we wait but maybe someday it will improve... well i hope so xD

Zuork_AlienZ #75039 09/04/10 09:48 PM
V
Vurgil
Unregistered
Vurgil
Unregistered
V
Zuork I want a rematch with you, but no buffs haha. It kind of is a bit unfair since fighters don't really have any buffs. And phaq, twiinky is a good sorc, it's just he blows through mana like it's water. Like I'm not really trying to be like an ass but as a necro I can have two summons out ( one of my skellys and my earth elemental ) which help keep ms from using a lot of mana so when I need to I can use a lot to help save from a party wipe. Plus with less mana you use the less agro you pull which helps keep me alive lol

#75041 09/04/10 09:50 PM
V
Vurgil
Unregistered
Vurgil
Unregistered
V
and zuork next time we fight let's try to bring phaq so maybe the people there will leave us alone lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard