KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#75007 09/04/10 10:42 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Dear President Obama: While we are at it, can we go ahead & put a beautiful statue of Lee Harvey Oswald on the grassy knoll in Dallas & maybe even throw a huge celebration shrine over the Pearl Harbor monument in honor of the Japanese victory that took place there .Yes, .........Mr.President, IT IS THE SAME THING as allowing a mosque to be built at Ground zero.

StValentine #75008 09/04/10 11:10 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Theres an odd 600k Muslims in NYC by many estimates, and plenty died in the trade center attack. Why shouldn't they get a mosque if someone had the money to build it?

With all the legit reasons to fear, loathe and despite Obama - I always fail to see why so many choose to pick up on the meaningless. Birth certificate, closet Muslim, etc

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
StValentine #75009 09/04/10 11:26 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I don't agree with the mosque being built at ground zero. But the grassy knoll isn't a religious issue, some try to say the Japanese attack on pearl harbor was but that's not the case either.

The government can't come in and say HELL NO you can't build a mosque. Because that would mean they can say hell no to other religions building places of worship wherever they want to as well. I may not be a smart man, but i'm pretty certain that wouldn't fly. Yes it's very bad taste building a mosque at a sight where a religious extremists carried out such an attack.

This President is even a bigger joke than Bush was, Thank god it's only 4 year terms. Maybe by the end of his term, only our great grand children will be heavily burden by our governments tax & spend bullshit. Fairtax act in 2011 bitches, get off your ass's and support it!

Wolfgang #75017 09/04/10 01:00 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"Dear President Obama: While we are at it, can we go ahead & put a beautiful statue of Lee Harvey Oswald on the grassy knoll in Dallas & maybe even throw a huge celebration shrine over the Pearl Harbor monument in honor of the Japanese victory that took place there .Yes, .........Mr.President, IT IS THE SAME THING as allowing a mosque to be built at Ground zero."

LOL go overboard much. I am sure the grassy knoll is not for sale or rent. I would assume the Pearl Harbor Monument is safe as it is government property.

What ever side you are on, they have been given the go ahead from what ever council in New York that gives the ok. You can bitch or support all you want but the Obama can not tell anyone they can or cant do it, he is not all powerful.

From what I understand this is a few blocks from the Ground Zero. People talk like they are building it right smack dab in the middle of GZ.

You need to remember the building is a private building and anytime the government tries to tell private companies what they can or cant do I get my hackles up. Like the council that had to approve what they wanted to do pisses me off more then what they want to do with it.

Helemoto #75053 09/05/10 01:24 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
this topic is too hot for TV, have fun discussing the roller coaster view points which all contradict each other, I'm too short to ride this ride.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #75076 09/05/10 07:15 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I find it very interesting how we are expected to be tolerant of everyone even those who are not tolerant of us. Yet, we are never tolerant of our own. we tell a supreme court judge he has take the ten commandments from the court house even though our founding fathers believed in this. We tell our kids they cant practice their religion in school but, the most intolerent religion in the world is welcomed with open arms and embraced as the long lost son and given the keys to our cities. They honored at our universities and if a christian speaker were invited to campus by a group he would be denied the right to speak.
All I'm saying is how can we say we want freedom for everyone when we don't even offer it to our own. I think it's time we decide where our priorities truelly lie.

StValentine #75092 09/05/10 08:40 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Who is "us" ?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #75165 09/06/10 08:30 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Here listen to this. This is the church i go too. My pastor did alot of studying on the whole situation.

http://cfwcbmt.org/01%20IslamAndTheChurchInTheUS.mp3
http://cfwcbmt.org/8_29_10Islam2.mp3

He explains islam and muhammad.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Ken_Kamillion #75166 09/06/10 08:39 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Sharia law all i have to say about islam. Goggle it and be sick to your stomach.

Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Ken_Kamillion #75195 09/06/10 03:15 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

He sounds a lot like that church in Florida that wants to burn the Qurans.

Derid #75199 09/06/10 04:08 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Mosque to worship how you want is fine with me

Having 60K Plus troops in 4 different countries for 113 known Al-Qaeda operatives is beyond silly yet we fund so much money to the VICTORY theory

we can argue about everything ... There are many many muslims overseas who do not share the same views as the extremist i can not hold all accountable for what a few have done

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
Represent #75205 09/06/10 05:47 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
You people amaze me. You want to deny others the very rights you enjoy. You want to follow the rules of the constitution whenever it is convenient for you.

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I think if your going to accuse an entire religion of something and try to limit where they can worship, then we need to make sure that no Catholic churches are withing 20 minutes of elementary schools.

This dangerous trend with the far right wing is really scary and you folks need to check yourselves. Persecuting people for their religious choices is UNAMERICAN.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #75208 09/06/10 06:50 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
You people amaze me. You want to deny others the very rights you enjoy. You want to follow the rules of the constitution whenever it is convenient for you.

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I think if your going to accuse an entire religion of something and try to limit where they can worship, then we need to make sure that no Catholic churches are withing 20 minutes of elementary schools.

This dangerous trend with the far right wing is really scary and you folks need to check yourselves. Persecuting people for their religious choices is UNAMERICAN.

Jet our country was built off Judeo–Christian believes. To me having someone build a mosque in the place where someone of the same religion blew it up on planes that is absurd. Leave that place alone rebuild the tower somewhere else. That is a reminder that Islam is a radical and violent religion. Im not basing my opinion off of muslims im basing mine off of Muhammad who wrote the quran and broke every rule in that book. Dont judge a christian off of what others christians do base it off of what Jesus Christ did.

Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Ken_Kamillion #75214 09/06/10 09:02 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Have you seriously read the Quran, and studied the history?

Not that I have. Since I havent, I tend to take any one source or type of source with a grain of salt.

The bottom line though, is regardless of the opinions of the "nation". The fact is, zoning issues and whatnot are a local issue. If the people of NYC do not want X,Y or Z build at whatever locale, its up to them do do something about it.

Anyone else making inflammatory comments is just trying to grab a spotlight. The part about blocking the Orthadox church is fucked up, I will agree. But instead of focusing on the faux pax of the local authorities - so many seem to be using this as an excuse to vent hate against Islam.

Holding the whole religeon accountable for the Islamist extremists is like holding all of Christendom accountable for the Ku Klux Klan.

Derid #75216 09/06/10 09:39 PM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
I am not going to comment on the issue as I believe political discussions amoungst friends usually end up with flared tempers, distgusting outburts, and a few falling outs, HOWEVER I am glad you are all keeping yourselves somewhat level headed in this thread.

For the record: The area they are considering building the Mosque is actually 2 blocks away from the actual Ground Zero site, not on the site itself.
Old news article about location and first committee to approve site.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Drakiis #75219 09/06/10 09:52 PM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I'm too short to ride this ride.

This is going in my sig. =P

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Ken_Kamillion #75222 09/06/10 11:23 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Ken_Kamillion
Jet our country was built off Judeo–Christian believes. To me having someone build a mosque in the place where someone of the same religion blew it up on planes that is absurd. Leave that place alone rebuild the tower somewhere else. That is a reminder that Islam is a radical and violent religion. Im not basing my opinion off of muslims im basing mine off of Muhammad who wrote the quran and broke every rule in that book. Dont judge a christian off of what others christians do base it off of what Jesus Christ did.

I totally disagree. The founding fathers were clear about a separation of church and state. They were also very clear about freedom of religion. VERY CLEAR

Originally Posted By: 1st Amendment

Quote:
The concept of separation of church and state refers to the distance in the relationship between organized religion on the one hand and the nation state on the other. The idea was the subject of much discussion over 2000 years. The term "wall of separation" was first used in an informal letter by President Thomas Jefferson in 1802 to a committee of Baptists in Connecticut. Jefferson referred to the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as creating a "wall of separation" between church and state.[1] The phrase was quoted by the United States Supreme Court first in 1878, and then in a series of cases starting in 1947.

Now lets move on to the Bible. It is filled with examples of God's cruelty and violence. In the link below are 1199 examples of this.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

You cant call out another religion if yours contains the same cruelty and violence.

The point I am making here is that anyone can worship anything they please an build a church, or in this case a "Community Center" (NOT A MOSQUE) if they have the money and backing.

San Francisco actually has the church of satan, and I dont see anyone raising hell about that.

Be careful you don't judge an entire faith by the most radical tiny fraction. Christians are dirty in that regard too.

I am not a Muslim, not do I agree with how they treat women, and other things, but in our system, they have as much right to worship as you or anyone else does. This is what makes our country great.

Lets not do what we did to the Japanese in WW2. If you remember, the Japanese American troops were some of the most decorated in all of WW2. Meanwhile we confiscated their land and property, and sent them to internment camps.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #75249 09/07/10 08:25 AM
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
I have to agree with Jet.

Although Morally to me, I dont like the Idea, but they do have the rights to worship as they please.

The fact that the mosque is not at the actual ground zero site, does put my mind at ease.

I was raised Christian, although I have to say i am not as much a believer now as I was as a Kid. I do see why some would be offended.

But All religions have had Dirty dealings and bad things in their pasts. Honestly the world would be much better off with out it, but that will never happen.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Valaria #75253 09/07/10 10:00 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Yeah as Derid pointed out, the KKK are Christians, and you don't see all Christians being judged by their actions.

What about the "Christians" that protest at the US Army soldiers funerals because they believe that their deaths are because "God hates fags".

Its the old "Not in my backyard" mentality that really scares me. People want all the rights for them, and yet want to deny them for others.

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar #75254 09/07/10 10:09 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Although you don't see the kkk setting up a multi-million dollar worship center near anything that has to do with black history. How would you react if they wanted to setup a worship center on martin luther king boulevard? Sure they have the right to do so, but it doesn't mean it's right to do it.

Wolfgang #75262 09/07/10 01:06 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The point I think, was that the folk who are building the mosque/wanting to build the mosque arent the kkk/islamists.

The proper analogy here, is how would you feel if other folk who claimed to be Christian (and maybe still happened to be white) but were not affiliated with the kkk wanted to build a worship center/church on Martin Luther King Blvd.

Wolfgang #75263 09/07/10 01:15 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
So here's my main beef with the mosque, the state department is footing the bill for this Imam to fly to the middle east to try and gather the funds for this mult-million dollar mosque. Sending some dude across the map to get funds from god knows who, just isn't getting it with me. And THAT is my main problem with it.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 09/07/10 01:16 PM.
Wolfgang #75273 09/07/10 02:38 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Why not specify that as the problem then?

Specific issues like the conduct of the State Dept in regards to funds allocation, and treatment of an Orthodox congregation that may have gotten the shaft are separate issues - even if related in this context.

It is quite reasonable, I think, to say " Our govt should not be spending cash to fly religious figures around the world on their private fund raising journeys." Honestly I do not think that taxpayers should foot the bill for that sort of activity regardless of religion or denomination.

JetStar #75275 09/07/10 02:53 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

San Francisco actually has the church of Satan, and I don't see anyone raising hell about that.

ROFL, nice word play...

JetStar #75287 09/07/10 05:27 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Yeah as Derid pointed out, the KKK are Christians, and you don't see all Christians being judged by their actions.

What about the "Christians" that protest at the US Army soldiers funerals because they believe that their deaths are because "God hates fags".

Its the old "Not in my backyard" mentality that really scares me. People want all the rights for them, and yet want to deny them for others.

As i said before i wont defend christians but i will defend jesus christ and the bible. You dont judge a christian by what another christian does judge them by what Jesus Christ did. Just like muslims i dont judge them by what other muslims do i judge what muhammad did.

I just feel to build a mosque there isnt right not so say they could build it anywhere else in NYC and they have been offered that and they want that particular spot.

Last edited by Ken_Kamillion; 09/07/10 05:34 PM.

Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Ken_Kamillion #75292 09/07/10 05:41 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
We can argue over this all day long but only the people living in nyc can really say anything about the mosque.

Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Ken_Kamillion #75294 09/07/10 06:16 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The earlier kkk may have been anti-catholic, but they considered themselves very religious protestants. Catholics and protestants have a long history of killing each other actually, but in any case you know well what I was saying and you also know the point is not any less valid. Pick any nutcase group you wish that espouses Christian ideology - there have been plenty over the years, and make the same analogy.

Most if not all organized religions have plenty of blood on their hands. You saying "look at what Jesus vs Mohammad did" is also a religious argument, arguing your religion vs theirs. And while there is nothing wrong with that, bringing it into a political discussion in the USA is not particularly compelling - unless you/your groups also have a goal of setting up a theocracy like Iran has. In which case, comparative theology suddenly becomes very pertinent.

Derid #75312 09/07/10 08:22 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar #75336 09/08/10 05:50 AM
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
it was a good read Jet.

Quote:
The very word “islam” comes from a word cognate to shalom, which means peace in Hebrew. The Koran declares in its 36th chapter, regarded by the Prophet Muhammad as the heart of the Koran, in a verse deemed the heart of this chapter, “Peace is a word spoken from a merciful Lord.”

Funny thing is islam also means SUBMISSION. granted it is submission to the will of God... But still means Submit.

Guess it is a good thing I am not muslim... as I probly would be stoned to death.. and not by WEED lol

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Valaria #75350 09/08/10 11:22 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Valaria
it was a good read Jet.

Quote:
The very word “islam” comes from a word cognate to shalom, which means peace in Hebrew. The Koran declares in its 36th chapter, regarded by the Prophet Muhammad as the heart of the Koran, in a verse deemed the heart of this chapter, “Peace is a word spoken from a merciful Lord.”

Funny thing is islam also means SUBMISSION. granted it is submission to the will of God... But still means Submit.

Guess it is a good thing I am not muslim... as I probly would be stoned to death.. and not by WEED lol

Yeah Val,

I figure I will wait until one of these gods shows up then beg for forgiveness to whichever one is real. Until then, I am on my own.

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar #75378 09/08/10 01:37 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
If they can build a Mosque at ground zero I want a fucking McDonald's at the black odalisque in Mecca serving fucking Beef Patties and McRib Pork Sandwich's to all the Pilgram's.

Then they can build a Mosque at the tomb of the unknown soldier for all I care.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #75388 09/08/10 02:30 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I've struggled with this issue for several weeks now and I've decided that I don't care where this cat builds his "community center." Jet is exactly right. We cannot practice our religions, forbid others the same freedom, and still claim to be a free nation. I do however, think that building a Muslim shrine of any kind at, or near, ground zero is incredibly insensitive and I personally think that it is designed to stir up the kind of animosity that it has. They have put us in a no win situation and that was, I believe, their goal. If we forbid it we are hypocrites, and if we allow it without any protest, then we've proven we'll roll over and take whatever the extremists want to throw at us.

What I would like to know is where every single dime of his funding comes from. Last accounts I heard his organization had a few thousand dollars for a project that will cost tens of millions. As long as this guy can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not one red cent comes from an extremist group them I don't care what he does.

I do take issue with the fact that I'm paying for him to fly around the world to raise his funds. Why can't I take trips with my own tax payer dollars??? For that matter, why do I have to pay every time an elected official (or their wives) want to take a vacation? Don't they work for me? That is tantamount to me telling my employer, "Hey, I'm going to France for a week. I'll just use my company card and you guys can pay for it when I'm done." Who here thinks they would still have a job after that?

On a related note. I think in order to be all inclusive we should help out the poor suffering homosexual Muslims (cause you're born that way right? So, some of them must be). I say we build a gay bar across the street with a Muslim theme to make them feel welcome. We can call it "You Mecca Me Horny." Discuss laugh

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #75390 09/08/10 02:31 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I think the bar idea is comedy gold TBH

Derid #75393 09/08/10 02:59 PM
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
LOL nice Bar idea there Kaotic!

[Linked Image]
Valaria #75395 09/08/10 03:28 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree with Tas, although Kaotics gay bar Idea would be fucking hilarious! And don't even get me started on these fucktard politicians, I think they ALL should wash their mouths out with a revolver.

Wolfgang #75401 09/08/10 04:54 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
What it is mostly about is them (political/religious Muslims)thumbing there nose at us and using our rules we use to govern ourselves against us, making sure to put us in a no win situation in which we have to succumb to our sensabilities of fair play and freedome while laughing at us behind our backs about how they just got over on those stupid Americans again.

Portland is Muslim hot spot, and I have quite a few Muslim friends. When they are being honest about issues like this, then they openly admit that it is an open attack on Western values and Ideals in an attempt to force us to slit our own throat.

At some point you have to draw a fucking line in the sand and say, we will not go beyond this point, anything beyond this point is to far, and must be pushed back.

It is fucking left wing "fair play" individuals in this nation that think and try to postulate our Ideals and apply them to individuals, nations, and religious that could give two shits about our Ideals.

Try traveling some out of North America, and when you talk to people they usually ask in some form "When is the US going to stop being such pansy ass bitch's and letting the rest of the world walk all over your sense of fair play, freedom, and morals. The rest of the world get's it that life isn't fair, there is no such thing as true freedom, and morals are for the rich."

Tasorin #75403 09/08/10 05:50 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I disagree that morals are for the rich. I've done some shitty things that I'm not proud of, but I do try to live by a moral code and I always do my best to act with the highest ethical standards in both my personal and professional life. Sometimes it seems like others get ahead of me because I'm not willing to do certain things, but I can look myself in the mirror everyday and never feel guilty about the things I have done. No stand I've taken has done me irreparable damage. That's not to say that some haven't been painful, but in the end I'm much happier that I took those stands rather than roll over and then have to live with myself afterward.

As for true freedom. We are the closest thing that has ever existed on this earth to true freedom, and we have been slowly losing it over the past 100 years. More quickly in the last decade or 2. As soon as the government and the self appointed elite start deciding that they know best and us little people should sit down, shut up, and do as we're told, then freedom begins to dissolve. For us that happened right around the turn of the century and really ramped up at the end of the 20s. I don't know how we get it back, but I know that regular debate like this, and educating ourselves is a good start. I also know that it won't hurt in November when I vote for the guy that doesn't have incumbent next to his name, and if I have the option to vote for some one that doesn't have an "R" or a "D" I'm going to do that as well.

Kaotic #75405 09/08/10 05:58 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I disagree that morals are for the rich. I've done some shitty things that I'm not proud of, but I do try to live by a moral code and I always do my best to act with the highest ethical standards in both my personal and professional life. Sometimes it seems like others get ahead of me because I'm not willing to do certain things, but I can look myself in the mirror everyday and never feel guilty about the things I have done. No stand I've taken has done me irreparable damage. That's not to say that some haven't been painful, but in the end I'm much happier that I took those stands rather than roll over and then have to live with myself afterward.

As for true freedom. We are the closest thing that has ever existed on this earth to true freedom, and we have been slowly losing it over the past 100 years. More quickly in the last decade or 2. As soon as the government and the self appointed elite start deciding that they know best and us little people should sit down, shut up, and do as we're told, then freedom begins to dissolve. For us that happened right around the turn of the century and really ramped up at the end of the 20s. I don't know how we get it back, but I know that regular debate like this, and educating ourselves is a good start. I also know that it won't hurt in November when I vote for the guy that doesn't have incumbent next to his name, and if I have the option to vote for some one that doesn't have an "R" or a "D" I'm going to do that as well.

I agree that the incumbents should be out. As for the R or D I have the same feelings, neither has done anything to earn a spot in the seat. In fact FUCK both of them. They are more the problem than the solution!

Derid #75406 09/08/10 07:01 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
This may be suprising to you but I think what that pastor is doing is appalling. By doing that it makes him no better than than the people he has a problem with. I firmly believe that if you want to change the world you do it through love not hate. I do find it amazing how the media has turned this into a story it wouldn't be had they chose not to make it that way. I think that all freedoms should come with resposibility. to disrepect someones religion in such a public fashion is just wrong.

Wolfgang #75409 09/08/10 07:05 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
nowhere in the constitution does it say seperation of church and state that is an interpurtation. it simply says the government shall make no laws concerning religion.

StValentine #75415 09/08/10 07:22 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Here's my final thought on the subject. I do belive in freedom of religion. But, the question remains how far does that go. You can not agrue the fact millions of muslims around the world cheered the day the towers fell and that millions of muslims around the world firmly believe in the extermination of all other religions. That being said we have to be careful that we don't become as our enemies are. We must be willing to be open to listen to all people and faiths. But, not to the extent of insulting the innocent people that have died and their families. If the muslim people were sincere in the intentions they could possibly build a memorial to all the people that died that day, and as gesture good faith offer an apology for what others have done in the name of Allah. Likewise their have been many atrocities committed by christian religions and they should step up to the plate and say we do not agree to this and do not believe in it, as has been done over the burning of the Quaran. Anyone that commits acts of violence and hatered in the name of God has a special place in hell. IMHO

Last edited by StValentine; 09/08/10 07:27 PM.

StValentine #75421 09/08/10 08:03 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Actually it is rather implied, Jefferson himself wrote extensively on the subject when he was president.

Wolfgang #75423 09/08/10 08:25 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
My .02

Just because you CAN, doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

Yep, they can build it. It's a freedom thing. However, they should NOT be surprised at the Epic Violence
that will likely be visited upon the place daily because someone is too short sighted ( or arrogant )
to realize what is going to happen.

It would be like wearing a Mushroom Cloud T-Shirt to Hiroshima . . . . you can explain your freedom of
expression to the folks kicking your ass all you like, but it isn't going to change the fact you're going to
get your ass kicked . . . laugh

Don't poke bears with sticks and expect sympathy when he eats your ass.
Apparently common sense is rare among the Muslims as well ( at least the ones who think this is a great idea ) . . . . lol

Daye #75440 09/09/10 03:20 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
This interview with the Imam wanting to build the mosque is interesting. It sure sounds like to me that he's saying that if the mosque isn't built there will be violence from muslims in the middle east. This is sounding like an ultimatum, build it or face attacks! It's about the 9 minute mark where he talks about it becoming violent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iTIQQ9bmMU

Last edited by Wolfgang; 09/09/10 03:21 AM.
Daye #75453 09/09/10 07:51 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
You said it very well.

Tasorin #75464 09/09/10 10:27 AM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
If they can build a Mosque at ground zero I want a fucking McDonald's at the black odalisque in Mecca serving fucking Beef Patties and McRib Pork Sandwich's to all the Pilgram's.

Then they can build a Mosque at the tomb of the unknown soldier for all I care.

Maybe that's why they don't want to build it on ground zero but some blocks away.
And there's one simple mean to fight the muslims : make a point to apply your countries laws and not their Sharia shit. No double standard : you fuck up you go to jail. You try to rob / assault someone, don't cry cause she killed you with her gun.

That's what fuck us in Europe : the individual got stripped of all right to defend themselves so violence raised, then politicians cash on the insecurity to get elected so they don't let the police do their job which would be to apply the law to some of those fuckers.

When a "youngster" gets shot and killed by the police in France, people think it's "normal" for his friend to protest fucking up a whole city.
When it happens in swiss, people cheer up for the policemen and there's no "protest".
So defend your right to defend yourself, make a point to see your law being applied and don't let those Sharia stupidity enter any law book. Embrace your constitution so they can't kill the spirit of your nation. That's how you defend your values, not by throwing some of them out when you don't like them.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Derid #75478 09/09/10 01:15 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"Actually it is rather implied, Jefferson himself wrote extensively on the subject when he was president."

Another subject that we could spend many pages on.

With out looking at my papers, Jefferson wrote to a Baptist church that a wall between church and state was more to protect the church not keep religion out of politics. This is one of the reasons for the revolution. Granted he was against the Gov to show any form of religion, even Thanksgiving.

Sorry this is one that gets me excited, I love constitutional talk.

Helemoto #75481 09/09/10 02:09 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah, and the issue here was protecting a church - well, the Islamic equivalent of one.

I think Arkh has made the best post in the thread though, getting right to the heart of the matter - from a perspective of living in a place where collectivism and govt interventionism is rampant.

Derid #75489 09/09/10 04:10 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Tasorin had it right. I am amazed by what some very smart people believe, they hate us, our way of life, our freedom. People seem to forget we didn’t do anything to them and they brought down the towers. Please don’t give me crap about our governments policies being the reason…..no reasonable semi-sane person really thinks that’s an excuse for mass murder.

It's their way or the grave way.

Even the most moderate Muslim countries are backwards as hell in the way they treat women and people with unconventional lifestyles.

They have every right to build it, but it's just plain wrong and if the intent was to bring about understanding and communication I really want to meet that genius! It will be celebrated around the world as a victory monument over the western devils and I will never buy anything else.

I am so tired of hearing about how we have to be tolerant.....why? That’s like saying the murder victims family has to be understanding of the how the killer was raised and his motivation. How about they learn a little tolerance and then we can start the dialogue? Until then they see our efforts at talk and reason as weakness not strength....sure we know different but this is not about us.
America is not perfect. We are not, nor have we ever been perfect or completely fair but we are as close as this world offers.

Oh and Jet any good Christian will tell you the old testament was done away with when Jesus died on the cross and a new set of rules was set in place all about peace, love and understanding. I am a heathen so I don’t care one way or the other but if you need rules to live by the 10 from on the mountain are a good place to start.

Last edited by Banshee; 09/09/10 04:12 PM.
Derid #75498 09/09/10 04:59 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Derid
Actually it is rather implied, Jefferson himself wrote extensively on the subject when he was president.

Interesting discussions you are having. Sorry Derid, but this one you are half wrong about. The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. He was attempting to calm the fears of Baptists in Danbury Connecticut and was lettign them know that they were going to be protected from interferrence from the state, but that they would still have some say in how the state ran. Basically the state can not tell the church how to run, but the church could still have some control on the state. You can find more information on it through the US Constitution site. It is a common misunderstanding. Jefferson was very clear about his belief that the government stay out of and have no control on religion, any religion.

It has been an interesting read, and I would not involve myself to much except that I spent 22 years defending the CONSTITUTION of the United States, and as such, whether anyone likes it or not, they have the right to worship as they see fit, where there see fit..thus, the Mosque at Ground Zero. And as such, the preacher in Florida has the right as an American to burn the Quran. Someone before me already stated, just because they have the right to do so does not mean they should do so.

I have done some extensive study on the religions of the world. I will stay completely out of that discussion out of respect for the all the different belief systems here. How you believe is not for me to question or change. Time will tell on both of these issues, and I predict they will both result in acts of violence as people with petty minds and beliefs react rather than respond.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Vuldan #75500 09/09/10 05:26 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Vuldan you sissy pants, don't play nice now come on out and say it the way you feel it.

I don't understand why you can burn a bible and any other religious book in the world but not the mighty Quran... they are all just books.

Have we (Nation) sunk so low, or are we so weak that just the mention of something that might happen scares us to death.

You would hope we could all respect each other’s Holy books; after all it does not really cost us anything..... but damn I hate to be threatened.

I just do not understand why everything about Muslims has to be on their terms or else and what does that say about us that we cave so easily.

10 yrs Army.... America and my belief in our way of life is my religion.

Banshee #75514 09/09/10 10:28 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Vuldan, I thought that was what I was saying. In any case, my understanding was the religios folk having some say was the same as any other persons/group having some say - not as a "Church" but as citizens.

However, I am under the understanding that this "say" is also limited by the fact that all religions have the same freedom from interference, which implies limited roles of religion in government - since it is self-evident that due to differences in principles and beliefs - govt taking the image of one particular religion or sect would automatically entail discrimination against another.

Or in other words, the only practical way to treat each religion equally is to maintain a wall of seperation; though the term as coined was in regards to govt effecting religion - I believe subsequent Supreme Court rulings have established that the separation goes both ways.

Of course, debate still occurs around the topic of exactly what is and is not constitutionally permissible.

Vuldan #75517 09/10/10 01:25 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
the most amazing fact is that we live in a country were we can have such a discussion as part of normal civil discourse, without the fear of governmental intervention. That we can talk and share our differrences without it leading to mass bloodshed and bombings, or the government imprisoning us is what makes our country and the people in it the greatest in the world. Sorry, don't mean to sound elitist, thats just how I truly feel.

Banshee #75522 09/10/10 05:05 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Banshee
Vuldan you sissy pants, don't play nice now come on out and say it the way you feel it.

I don't understand why you can burn a bible and any other religious book in the world but not the mighty Quran... they are all just books.

Have we (Nation) sunk so low, or are we so weak that just the mention of something that might happen scares us to death.

You would hope we could all respect each other’s Holy books; after all it does not really cost us anything..... but damn I hate to be threatened.

I just do not understand why everything about Muslims has to be on their terms or else and what does that say about us that we cave so easily.

10 yrs Army.... America and my belief in our way of life is my religion.

LOL. I was saying exactly what I think about this particular arguement. There are a lot of right facts in this arguement and wrong ones, and I was simply trying to balance some perspectives. None of the arguement was about whether I thought we should do this or that, but what was legally, constitutionally and ethically right.

At the basic core, my statement was clarification. I have absolutely no love for any religion, period. Notice I say "religion". That is my choice, and my freedom. Islam and the muslim faith is still so far behind the rest of the world in terms of simple belief structures and basic human rights within the religion that it is almost barbaric in some cases. Christianity can rarely claim a higher calling either. According to David Barrett et al, editors of the "World Christian Encyclopedia: A comparative survey of churches and religions - AD 30 to 2200," there are 19 major world religions which are subdivided into a total of 270 large religious groups, and many smaller ones. 34,000 separate Christian groups have been identified in the world. And the funniest part if all that is each one thinks THEY are right. Give me a freakin break.

No Banshee, it was not sissy pants you raving southern psychopath, it was about rights and the Constitution. We do not have to like a thing, we do not have to agree with a thing, we do not even have to accept a thing, for it to be something I will defend as a right of someone to do under the Constitution. That was all I was saying. The hawk part of my mind has a completely different response to it all. At the basic level, neither the Mosque in New York City nor the minister in Florida would fair well.

Vuldan #75539 09/10/10 10:13 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
At the basic core, my statement was clarification. I have absolutely no love for any religion, period. Notice I say "religion". That is my choice, and my freedom. Islam and the muslim faith is still so far behind the rest of the world in terms of simple belief structures and basic human rights within the religion that it is almost barbaric in some cases. Christianity can rarely claim a higher calling either. According to David Barrett et al, editors of the "World Christian Encyclopedia: A comparative survey of churches and religions - AD 30 to 2200," there are 19 major world religions which are subdivided into a total of 270 large religious groups, and many smaller ones. 34,000 separate Christian groups have been identified in the world. And the funniest part if all that is each one thinks THEY are right. Give me a freakin break.

/agree 100%

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar #75546 09/10/10 10:28 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Like I
said there is only 2 religions in this world. True and false

Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Ken_Kamillion #75551 09/10/10 10:55 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

This one being the true one.

Vuldan #75560 09/10/10 12:59 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
I have done some extensive study on the religions of the world. I will stay completely out of that discussion out of respect for the all the different belief systems here. How you believe is not for me to question or change. Time will tell on both of these issues, and I predict they will both result in acts of violence as people with petty minds and beliefs react rather than respond.

I have actually read and studied a non King James Bible, The Qu'ran, and the Torah. Call it a side effect of a deeply ecumenical Father at a Catholic School who believed the more you knew about someones belief system and dogma the better you could understand there point and position and the easier it is to have an open informed dialogue.

Its real real real easy. There is only one Yahweh, and that cosmic force is the God of Abraham, the Father of Jesus, and the inspiration and guiding light of the prophet Muhammad, end of discussion.

There is only "People of The Book" and "People not of the Book"

The problem isn't the dogmatic structures of these three Religions, the problem is in almost cultist fanaticism that is wrapped in the shroud of these religions that exist in each of these 3 Religions.

Extremist Muslims are borderline Fascists bent on spreading the word of Islam by the sword. Fanatic Christians, while less militant in nature are just as insidious as they spew rhetoric and stir emotions based on lies and deceit in the name of Christ. Militant Hebrews/Jews who seek the destruction or removal of any of there 5,000 year old territorial enemies in the holy lands are right up there in the Bullshit Factor.

Arkh #75593 09/10/10 04:35 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Arkh

This one being the true one.

I am actually a member and have the silver emblem on my car!

Star Citizen Hanger:
Tasorin #75597 09/10/10 04:56 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

I have actually read and studied a non King James Bible, The Qu'ran, and the Torah. Call it a side effect of a deeply ecumenical Father at a Catholic School who believed the more you knew about someones belief system and dogma the better you could understand there point and position and the easier it is to have an open informed dialogue.

My Father had the same idea, only from a different viewpoint being the extreme right wing he is. My open and curious mind was "allowed" to drift so as to learn how to exploit the weaknesses prevalent in doctrinal organized religions, specifically Muslim beliefs.

Essentially "know their beliefs so that you can better kill them." It's a extreme version of know thine enemy, and just so you know my Father is a racist, and a fanatic old cold war warrior, some things die hard or never die in his case. I do not subscribe to his beliefs, I simply find other religions fascinating and historic in nature.

Drakiis #75603 09/10/10 05:48 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
LOL..well, if nothing else we three were certainly raised by a like minded generation.

Vuldan #75608 09/10/10 06:29 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Vuldan I liked the last part better than any of it, so tired of the politically correct speak about legal and such not..... some things are right and some things are wrong simple as that. Just because you can do something or get away with it does not mean you should. Who you are is determined by the choices you make when nobody is around or looking at you.

As the old saying goes you meet them on the beaches with fine words and reason I will meet them with my gun(when I buy one), I like my chances better.

Banshee #75616 09/10/10 10:02 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I think what some of you are saying has a lot of merit.

The point I am trying to get across more than anything, is to be specific about your beliefs. What scares me is when I see "group-think" hate-trains, and "mob herd" mentality.

Not because I give two shits whether or not people like Islam, but because that type of mentality is so often and easily exploited by demagogues and tyrants. Nothing quite gets people to shuck off their principles and liberty, than falling into the " us vs them" mentality.

Drakiis #75618 09/11/10 03:18 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
The saddest part of it all is that all these so called religous people in their high and mighty temples and churches and mosques, yet still they're are millions of starving people in the world, children dieing of aids, people with no shelter, no homes, no clean water to drink. They seemed to have all missed the picture. It would seem to me that they are more interested in growwing their ranks than helping their fellow man. The problem with this world is very simpley put, lack of compassion for other people! The solution is not simple how do get people to care more about others than they do their self.

StValentine #75684 09/11/10 02:21 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: StValentine
The saddest part of it all is that all these so called religous people in their high and mighty temples and churches and mosques, yet still they're are millions of starving people in the world, children dieing of aids, people with no shelter, no homes, no clean water to drink. They seemed to have all missed the picture. It would seem to me that they are more interested in growwing their ranks than helping their fellow man. The problem with this world is very simpley put, lack of compassion for other people! The solution is not simple how do get people to care more about others than they do their self.

Its more sad it is us americans with no jobs and Vets all over with no homes

I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
StValentine #75687 09/11/10 02:32 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Wow. You have no idea how much money,time,lives are given to less fortunate people just from Americans alone. I wont even break it down to religion organizations or private.
Your statement that we have a lack of compassion shows your ignorance.

Billions of dollars and millions of man hours are given to the poor and needy yearly.
Get off your fucking soap box.

Helemoto #75703 09/11/10 07:53 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
sometimes the ones who need that help the most never receive it due to the systems in place, and it's that minority that I think most people talk about when they talk about a lack of help. I think that is where Rep is coming from, and I can certainly attest to that with the struggles I went through to get help when I needed it the most, I still could use some help though I am doing better now thanks to my own efforts and a few key individuals. However when it was at it's worst I could get no help from any organization based on my status, and the perceived notion I could magically produce the resources I needed on my own because of my age, race, ability, or lack of kids. Most organizations or assistance is based off of certain criteria and it is very specific so you cannot always get the help you need when you need it, and if you do you must meet the criteria every day that you are on assistance or boom your off it before you can even get your legs firmly under you.

Drakiis #75708 09/11/10 08:16 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Most organizations or assistance is based off of certain criteria and it is very specific so you cannot always get the help you need when you need it, and if you do you must meet the criteria every day that you are on assistance or boom your off it before you can even get your legs firmly under you.

That's an unfortunate result of a nearly moralless society...

Kaotic #75715 09/11/10 09:28 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Blame the people who work the system and abuse the moralless people who donate time and money to help the people who need help.

I personally know a family that gets a shit load of assistance and yet some how find the money to make it to Disney World every year.

Helemoto #75721 09/11/10 09:35 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I don't blame anyone, I blame myself for the choices I have made, and the things and people I have lost

Drakiis #75722 09/11/10 09:40 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It was more of a comment to kaotic then you.

This will give you an idea how much we as a moralless society as Kaotic put it gives.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/content.view/cpid/736/print/1.htm

This proves how we suck.

Helemoto #75728 09/11/10 09:51 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
No I know Helemoto, I wasn't really trying to direct the comment but more to state my personal thoughts on how someone who is in need thinks.

Helemoto #75785 09/12/10 10:16 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Yes understand tons of money and time is given but it is a drop in the bucket compared to what could be done if people stopped fighting and trying to be the biggest on the block. The uglu fact of the matter is that hunger, poverty, homelesness, and orphaness with out help still exists, and exists in the millions and the resources are available within the religions of the world to fix it but yet they divert so much of their money and time to fighting each other that they can't solve the problem. As a matter of fact the hatred and discrmination that they create worsens the problem. Now if you want call me ingnorant for thaat it's your right but it doesn;t change the facts. The fact is that the worls religions spend billions of dollars on temples, mosques, and millions of hours of time teach hatered of other religions and cultures that if redirected could help millions of people in need. The minute you say something about it they call you ignorant and say we give millions every year.

StValentine #75788 09/12/10 10:30 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
to show how indemic the problem that Drakiis is talkin about is the government spent $570 million dollars on programs to help people liveing in poverty on 2007. In 2007 there were aprox. 57 million people in America living below the poverty line. Throwing money at the problem and hoping it will go away is not the answer.

StValentine #75811 09/12/10 01:08 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The answer to poverty lies in the govt doing less, not more.

Govt, fundamentally, produces nothing. It simply uses force of arms to redistribute productivity. In some cases this is necessary, as money and goods are needed to form a common defense and providing a common infrastructure seems to have worked out pretty well.

To much meddling though, and govt starts unduly interfering with the lives and commerce of those who produce. It is self-evident that a society with abundance of productivity affords greater opportunity to those in poverty to find a way out of poverty. Where productivity is scarce, there is stiffer competition for resources ergo the opportunities to escape poverty are smaller.

StValentine #75813 09/12/10 02:03 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I am a catholic and I don't hear my religious leaders telling me to go out and hate others based on their religion. I hear them say go out and help more, give more you greedy bastards.

StValentines comment that the religions of the world fight each other and waste money on their religious buildings. They have and need the buildings, or do you expect them to work out of tents.

Last I looked the only religions fighting each other are the Jews and muslims with the Jews defending themselves.

We have been a country for 234 years. Why is it our fault most of the world just discovered indoor plumbing. We are the or were the richest country in the world and we give the most to the world not just in money or time spent helping the less fortunate. The world is a better place with us in it then without us. When people down grade us I get pissed.

Ronald Reagan said "America is a shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere."
This still holds true,people still flock here.

You are putting your anger to religion saying they don't help enough. Your anger should be put to its proper place GOVERNMENTS. They are the ones that fuck shit up.

Derid #75815 09/12/10 02:09 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

The answer to poverty lies in the govt doing less, not more.

Govt, fundamentally, produces nothing. It simply uses force of arms to redistribute productivity. In some cases this is necessary, as money and goods are needed to form a common defense and providing a common infrastructure seems to have worked out pretty well.

To much meddling though, and govt starts unduly interfering with the lives and commerce of those who produce. It is self-evident that a society with abundance of productivity affords greater opportunity to those in poverty to find a way out of poverty. Where productivity is scarce, there is stiffer competition for resources ergo the opportunities to escape poverty are smaller.

However our society has changed from producing to consuming and taking advantage of systems that are in place to help those who really need it, this in turn has made those systems more demanding and paranoid or suspicious of those who ask for the assistance which in turn makes it very difficult if not impossible for those in need to receive assistance that is also available to those who drain the system to provide them extra when they may not really need it, not to mention the frivolous spending our governments and assistant programs do outside of offering help, like flying their top employees first class, or bailing out companies who should shoulder their own economic burdens if they expect the rest of the populous to do so.

Helemoto #75817 09/12/10 02:15 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
I am a catholic and I don't hear my religious leaders telling me to go out and hate others based on their religion. I hear them say go out and help more, give more you greedy bastards.

StValentines comment that the religions of the world fight each other and waste money on their religious buildings. They have and need the buildings, or do you expect them to work out of tents.

Last I looked the only religions fighting each other are the Jews and muslims with the Jews defending themselves.

We have been a country for 234 years. Why is it our fault most of the world just discovered indoor plumbing. We are the or were the richest country in the world and we give the most to the world not just in money or time spent helping the less fortunate. The world is a better place with us in it then without us. When people down grade us I get pissed.

Ronald Reagan said "America is a shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere."
This still holds true,people still flock here.

You are putting your anger to religion saying they don't help enough. Your anger should be put to its proper place GOVERNMENTS. They are the ones that fuck shit up.

This is all win, I agree with RR, he did say it best we are a "shining city" there are roles in the global community that each nation will inevitably fall into, and America will undoubtedly become the worlds police force, of course with other nations adding additional assistance. Our country is built on the industrial military complex of Roman Empire design whether we want to admit it or not. There are distinct advantages and disadvantages to that, but sufficed to say Organized religion has it's down side but is not to fully blame.

Drakiis #75841 09/12/10 05:14 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
However our society has changed from producing to consuming and taking advantage of systems that are in place to help those who really need it, this in turn has made those systems more demanding and paranoid or suspicious of those who ask for the assistance which in turn makes it very difficult if not impossible for those in need to receive assistance that is also available to those who drain the system to provide them extra when they may not really need it, not to mention the frivolous spending our governments and assistant programs do outside of offering help, like flying their top employees first class, or bailing out companies who should shoulder their own economic burdens if they expect the rest of the populous to do so.

People are able to take advantage of the system by virtue of the fact that there IS a system. What did folks in need do before there was welfare? The community helped them. Why does the community not help them now? Two reasons, first we don't know they are in need because we don't spend time in our communities any more. How many of you even know all of your immediate neighbors? I only know my in passing. Second, the need isn't apparent because its being addressed by the system.

Proponents of the welfare system will say that "the system is necessary because people need help." Opponents say that "the system encourages sloth and kills motivation to excel." I'm one of the latter.

Yes understand tons of money and time is given but it is a drop in the bucket compared to what could be done if people stopped fighting and trying to be the biggest on the block. The uglu fact of the matter is that hunger, poverty, homelesness, and orphaness with out help still exists, and exists in the millions and the resources are available within the religions of the world to fix it but yet they divert so much of their money and time to fighting each other that they can't solve the problem. As a matter of fact the hatred and discrmination that they create worsens the problem. Now if you want call me ingnorant for thaat it's your right but it doesn;t change the facts.

I'm not sure what beef you have with religion but your painting with an awfully broad brush here. Helemoto is right. I can only name two religions off the top of my head that are fighting "holy wars" or any kind of propaganda war right now. Can you find individuals within a religion to spout off just about anything you want to hear to justify your stance? Of course you can, just as you can find tree huggers who will say that all humans should die. Equally ridiculous.

I was raised by a Catholic mother and a Southern Baptist father. I've seen both of these religions up close and personal and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not fighting with each other, nor do they spend money on some perceived war between them.

I've wrestled long and hard with the mega churches that you see spread around, that appear to spend millions of dollars on fancy buildings. I still think they are mostly unnecessary, but I have met the people who support those churches and I've found that they really believe the best way to reach the most people is the "if you build it they will come" mentality. Very few of these parishioners have any kind of chip on their shoulders because they "go to the biggest church in town." Most of them are very humble people who just want to help. And help they do. Our local "mega church" donates literally MILLIONS of dollars in money and in time each year to help the local community and folks abroad. That's no small feat for a church in a town of only 60,000 people, especially when you figure that there are dozens of other churches competing for membership.

Now, you may use Rome as your argument for how much churches spend, but have you considered how much money the Catholic church gives and how many employees of that church eat, sleep and breathe for no reason other than to help their fellow man? I spent some time at a Catholic high school and was taught by many nuns. Sometimes they were just like the stories you've heard or experienced, but after growing up I'm able to look back and see that the character they were trying to instill in me is the same character that motivates folks to be generous and kind. Have you also considered how many people are moved to donate or devote their lives to the service of others simply by visiting that amazing place? Its also worth noting that the money for that particular place isn't recent money, rather it has taken centuries to make it what it is today.

The fact is that the worls religions spend billions of dollars on temples, mosques, and millions of hours of time teach hatered of other religions and cultures that if redirected could help millions of people in need. The minute you say something about it they call you ignorant and say we give millions every year.

First, if they don't spend money in what amounts to advertising they won't have a congregation to donate money. Ever heard the term "you have to spend money to make money"? It works the same for religions.

I don't know where you're getting your facts but I've NEVER been taught, by either my Catholic or Baptist upbringing that I should hate folks of other religions. I have heard some Baptists say that Catholics are going to hell for their beliefs but that wasn't motivated by hatred. It was motivated by love and caring. They genuinely believed that in their ignorance and rather than hate them for it, want to convert them and bring the "heathens" over to their beliefs. No killing involved, only some potentially heated debate.

I think the overarching truth that you're missing here is that all of these religious organizations are peopled by humans, and humans by nature tend to be greedy and selfish. Its a necessary wiring mechanism that promotes survival. Most of us though, try very hard to quash that survival mechanism and help our fellow man. Sometimes we fail. Sometimes we fail really badly. But until you've lived a life whereby you live only to serve others and give away everything you have for the betterment of your fellows then I don't think you have earned the right to criticize those who do.

Last edited by Kaotic; 09/12/10 05:17 PM.

Kaotic #75871 09/12/10 09:09 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I am truelly sorry if I offended anyone that was not my intent at all. I simply wanted to say that some of the energy and resources could be redirected.

StValentine #75886 09/13/10 05:19 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I don't think anyone is offended. We just want to make sure you're not working off of inaccurate information smile

Kaotic #75935 09/13/10 01:42 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I am offended

I challenge you to a Duel.

Pick your game

Helemoto #75938 09/13/10 02:06 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
popcorn

Helemoto #75941 09/13/10 02:15 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"I am truelly sorry if I offended anyone that was not my intent at all."

You should never need to apologize for that.

Pick your side and stick to your principles. Realize that your ideas and
opinions will always offend someone, somewhere in the world.
If the offended dislike that, too bad. That's the way it is.

Opinions should not change to appease another. Once you
start, folks will line up to take advantage of it.

Daye #75948 09/13/10 04:27 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Valentine is a good salt of the earth guy, and I value his friendship, and even I didn't always agree with what you said Valentine so as Jet always says if you don't want people to debate or get butt hurt discuss politics and religion at your own risk.

Drakiis #75967 09/13/10 06:17 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I am joking

I hope i didn't offend anyone.

silly girls

Drakiis #76033 09/14/10 05:42 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Good advice my friend and I think I'll take it

StValentine #76058 09/14/10 09:53 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Why is every one freaking out about this?

Former KGB Member
Salohcin Dragon #76066 09/14/10 10:46 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

A few extremely charismatic extremist preachers decided to stoke the flames. The media decided a controversy would sell, like always, so they gave it lots of attention.

Derid #76128 09/14/10 10:10 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Kaotic wrote "humans by nature tend to be greedy and selfish"

I really hate to say this but I think most people tend to be good, decent, and hard working. In today’s world only shitheads and crazies get good press. Bad news sells.... sells a lot apparently.

Now good has many levels, here is an example.

My wife and I are known as the heathen and saint (guess who is who)
I call my wife a holly roller, zealous is not the word :P
She started a ball team for handicapped kids, has kept it going for 9 yrs.
She met an elderly woman who was going to the doctor, potently bad news (it was). The woman had no family so my wife offered to go along to offer comfort and companionship. We don't know this old woman (well my wife does now :P
It's always someone or something and lectures about forgiving and understanding.

My wife is very ill, has been for over 13 yrs, and about a year ago she almost died...very close but she never blames anyone and has never wavered in her faith.

You know what she fears most hahahaha is that I will die without seeing the light..... I tell her I will get away from her one way or the other.

There is a point hold on.

I would not do most of the things she does not my style, I don't steal, don't take anything that I haven’t earned and I always provide for my family and protect them. I do however raise hell, cuss a lot, drink from time to time.... I tell it like I see it and care not the least if you like it or not.

The point....we are both basically good, she goes overboard like always but still we are both on the good side and I think most people, not just Americans, but people fall in the broad scope of the good category.

Seriously look around and see the good, it is out there, we are just too busy most times to see it. The news won’t show it....good does not sell.

One more thing, you are not entitled to great success or even mediocre success, you get what you earn in most cases. Based off of the decisions you make in life, good choices good life, bad ones well you get the idea. What happened yesterday does not matter, nothing anyone did wrong to you can make you do wrong tomorrow.... people in general have to pick themselves up and just try again.

Puts soap box away!

Banshee #76150 09/15/10 04:51 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I've made some broad statements that were meant to be an indictment of what society says is wrong or right, good or bad, and that describe our nature. I am not trying to make the argument that people suck and they are all bad, or that the majority is bad. I believe quite the contrary. I think that most of us do an amazing job of overcoming the nature to be selfish and we give until it hurts. As evidenced by Helemoto's link to the page describing American charitable giving. Banshee's wife is a shining example. From the description you've given of her, you sir, are a very lucky man laugh

My bad if I came across as a negative nancy. I get so overwhelmed sometimes, feeling like I'm the only one who cares that I make some pretty melodramatic statements when it comes to discussions like this one. Thanks Helemoto and Banshee for reminding me that there are others out there who think and act like I do. wink

Kaotic #76222 09/15/10 12:12 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
humans by nature tend to be greedy and selfish. Its a necessary wiring mechanism that promotes survival. Most of us though, try very hard to quash that survival mechanism and help our fellow man.

We may in fact be wired to help people : http://www.latimes.com/sns-health-volunteering-rewards,0,5465070.story Oxytocin FTW !

Derid #76681 09/18/10 05:34 PM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke

Theres an odd 600k Muslims in NYC by many estimates, and plenty died in the trade center attack. Why shouldn't they get a mosque if someone had the money to build it?

With all the legit reasons to fear, loathe and despite Obama - I always fail to see why so many choose to pick up on the meaningless. Birth certificate, closet Muslim, etc

cuz the mosque will be used as a headquarters for a cult that is not just interested in worship
instead they want to convert our way of life to their stoneage bullshit no thanks i personally would love to declare all out war on islam and end it before they even get the chance to see their ideals fulfilled
so like you dont care if hes not an american? last i checked that was kind of a important part of being president it made sure the president had our country at heart.
and the closet muslim thing is an issue when he claims hes not but then quotes the muslim book endlessly and appologuising to the muslim brotherhood for americas awful behavior toward them.
heh the level of acceptance of shit like this is why this country is falling to shit political correctness and the unwillingness to question authority is astounding
jfk said it i think we must always be vigilant
question your government its your right and duty

Quote:

real nice sentiment jet but it is not all about worship and religion islam has a very serious political system their religion is their political system .
simple fact is worship and religion is not their goal it is their means to an end and that end is their shuria law
they will lie and say otherwise but then their bible tells them that its just fine to lie to infadels{us}
i personally like what little freedoms i have left i will fight this shit till my last breath
as well as the ignorance that treats them like any other religion CUZ THEY R NOT

separation of school and state jet?
last i heard chistian kids get in trouble for praying in school while the muslims are allowed to and they tell the other kids to take a nap during raamadan
everyone wants to bend over and be PC for the people who may kill others if we upset them.
that type of bullying needs be returned 10 fold.
if they build that building i wont be suprised to see counter terrorism on them and to be honest its about damn time someone did something cuz mr obama does nothing but shelter these fucks cuz he is one of them

Last edited by morlander; 09/18/10 05:47 PM.

Morlander #76698 09/18/10 11:32 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Is there any actual evidence the mosque would be used to house a cult? First I have heard of that aspect.

As far as Obama being an American... havent seen any evidence that he isnt to be honest. More to the point - even if he isnt, at this point in time, arguing that point is 100% counter productive. Your odds of getting anyone else to listen to those arguments at this point is extremely slim.

All arguing the Birther does, is distract people from the important issues. Obama an co are currently laughing at everyone who is still beating the Birther horse. Why? Because if they were pointing out the flaws of his ideals and policies, rational people might take note and listen instead of tuning them out.

Arguing the Birther or closet muslim angles are meaningless because there is no possible way that anything productive will ever come of it. And I actually do not think Islam is his religion TBH, he is a career politician. Thinking any career politician in the USA has any religion that isnt going to help them get elected is a mistake IMO.

And as far as the "converting our way of life" thing goes... are you saying that is that mosque got built, you would convert to Islam? Maybe the cult will construct a mind-control device to convert the nation? If neither of the above are true, whats the problem?

I agree that political correctness is a problem, but hating on Islam is not the solution to that particular problem.

Derid #76699 09/18/10 11:40 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It's all a Manchurian Candidate mentality, that is a waste of time as Derid said, the real issues on the table are far more important then a conspiracy theory.

Drakiis #76763 09/19/10 08:37 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I think Obama is an American citizen and the reason they don't release his birth certificate is exactly what Derid said. If people stay focused on that, it distracts folks from the things his regime is doing.

I don't believe he is a Muslim. I don't think he is a Christian either. Not in the sense that most Americans understand it. He's spent 20 years listening to Black Liberation Theology. Look it up. That combined with "Dreams from my Father," who was a devout Marxist, and looking at the people he has surrounded himself with (mostly Marxists, Maoists, and Communists) tells me exactly who Obama is and what he wants for our country. Look up Anti-Colonialism.

Those and nothing else are the reasons that I make the case against his policies and the policy of the current leadership of our country on a daily basis. There's no need to run down the conspiracy theory road. There is no conspiracy. They aren't hiding. Read their own words and observe their actions. They want to kill the free market and capitalism and they make no bones about it. They think we owe the rest of the world something. Whether that's because they feel guilty for being prosperous or for some other misguided ideology doesn't matter to me. If they want to live under communism, go some place else. I keep hearing them say great things about Cuba and Venezuela. I'll pay for the one way tickets...

Kaotic #76772 09/19/10 08:49 PM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Put a jewish person in the oval office!
Trust me, the defecit will go away and fast! =P

And yes, the current Chief of Staff is Jewish muhahaha!
Although the Chief of Staff is not part of the presidential line of succession.

(Figured I'd lighten the mood lol)

Romeo_Montague #76777 09/19/10 09:04 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague

Thank God cause he's more corrupt than all of the Chicago Mob rolled into one.

Kaotic #76778 09/19/10 09:11 PM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction

Thank God cause he's more corrupt than all of the Chicago Mob rolled into one.

Not disagreeing with you on that one lol.
Although I do feel bad for those of you from Chicago, since he is trying to take the Mayor seat there!

Romeo_Montague #76836 09/20/10 03:19 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
As to Obama being eligible to be president, I hold my trust in the person that took his paper work to be put on the ballots, that must check his ID's. This person has to make sure who ever runs for president is 35 years old and a natural born citizen.

Romeo_Montague #76838 09/20/10 03:31 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague

Romey For President!

Drakiis #76952 09/21/10 04:27 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ok I have to admit to a terrible mistake, an error in judgment. I voted for Obama.....I listened to his rhetoric and gave careful consideration to who had the best chance to get things done for the country......maybe it was time for a change. The house and senate were lost, even if McCain won he wouldn’t be able to get anything done and after all he was from a different time maybe what we really needed was new blood, new thinking, someone who could bring people together and get things done.

After all he said he would be everyone’s President and lead from the middle haha this I never believed least you think me a total moron but I could live with a little left, things had been leaning right for a while now so ok I can live with a little left. My wife didn’t buy it but I said don't worry baby he wants what every President wants..... a second term, no way he will just leap off the left wing cliff hahahaha I was wrong on both counts which my wife reminds me of at least weekly.

Not only did he jump off the liberal left cliff but he, Pelosi and Kennedy all held hands and giggled like school girls as they leaped together.

I wanted him to fix the economy stupid, instead he fixed things like health care....I did not and do not want that! He gobbled up private business like it was candy and every other thing dems have wanted for years and then at the very last he made a weak effort at the economy and now he and dems don't know why we are not happy...... he did everything but what we (at least me) hired him for.... he will be a one term President and I may never cross party lines again LOL.

He and dems lost me and thousands more like me and will most likely never get us back. Hope you enjoy the 4yrs.
Of course he is the legal president, and qualified to be but he is also an academic hahaha which means he can tell you how a lot of things should be but fails terribly at really making anything work.

Banshee #76953 09/21/10 04:37 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well tbh both parties are completely off track and not working very efficiently to provide the leadership and government we require these days, however the Tea Party isn't much of a alternative either, and i don't believe they have any solutions to the issues we face any more then the Republicans or Democrats do. So where does that leave us? When in doubt go back to the source, the people themselves and the constitution.

Drakiis #76955 09/21/10 04:58 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Well tbh both parties are completely off track and not working very efficiently to provide the leadership and government we require these days, however the Tea Party isn't much of a alternative either, and i don't believe they have any solutions to the issues we face any more then the Republicans or Democrats do. So where does that leave us? When in doubt go back to the source, the people themselves and the constitution.

I may be wrong but from what I hear that is what the tea partiers (not capitalized because they are not a formal political party) are advocating Drakiis. A return to the roots of Judeo-Christian principals, morals and honor that our country was founded on.

Kaotic #76968 09/21/10 07:25 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Theres a lot of Tea Parties - its largely a local phenominae, that happens to be occuring in a lot of localities.

Some are the religious types, a lot are more Constitutionalists.

The one thing all of them seem to agree on, is govt is way way to big and spending way to much. After that, there are some pretty big digressions of path.

Though the Dems and liberal arms of the media are doing every thing they can to paint the whole movement in religious colors. Because they know in the long run, that brand of fanaticism will turn off mainstream folk.

Unfortunately it is having some effect, especially as Palin encourages that angle.

I do not mind that many tea partiers may be religious, but if the fanaticism aspect wins out over the secular rational aspect,we might be in trouble. The Tea Party started as a very secular movement motivated by fear of GOP corruption, big govt, and Obama style marxism.

But at least the movement is helping put the scare in, and help clean out some of the Bush era rot. I am worried it will peak at mid terms though, and religious radicalization will dull its edge by the time the next Prez elections come around.

What I was hoping for, was a peak during the Prez cycle so it would be feasible to actually get the health care crap reversed.

Derid #76973 09/21/10 08:59 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
they are not constitutionalists, not by a long shot. That is what they are banking on or trying to closely associate themselves with but realistically there is NOTHING in their political rhetoric that rings of liberty or the pursuit of happiness for all men and women of a fair and equal measure. The Tea Party is a abomination and a stain on social and political progress. They make many claims that are both contradictory and unsupported by fact. They are liberal crusaders trying to disguise themselves by wrapping themselves in the American Constitutional principles. Many are political chaos theorists trying to perform social experimentation on a weakened and troubled American people. A true Constitutionalist is defined as a philosophy or ideology that the authority of the government is derived from the people, subject to written laws which formed the foundation of our country. The Tea Party is a group of self serving politicians no different then those they seek to over throw, with agendas that are just as radical or restrictive as any Republican or Democrat. They want you to believe that is what they are all about they are not, take the word of a born and raised true constitutionalist.

Drakiis #76978 09/22/10 12:03 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Huh?

/scratches head

Not sure where you got some of those ideas. Though some of the things you say could certainly be ascribed to a few who claim to be tea partiers, I dont understand how you could pin it on even a large minority let alone a majority of the whole group.

Derid #76991 09/22/10 06:31 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
they are not constitutionalists, not by a long shot. That is what they are banking on or trying to closely associate themselves with but realistically there is NOTHING in their political rhetoric that rings of liberty or the pursuit of happiness for all men and women of a fair and equal measure. The Tea Party is a abomination and a stain on social and political progress. They make many claims that are both contradictory and unsupported by fact. They are liberal crusaders trying to disguise themselves by wrapping themselves in the American Constitutional principles. Many are political chaos theorists trying to perform social experimentation on a weakened and troubled American people. A true Constitutionalist is defined as a philosophy or ideology that the authority of the government is derived from the people, subject to written laws which formed the foundation of our country. The Tea Party is a group of self serving politicians no different then those they seek to over throw, with agendas that are just as radical or restrictive as any Republican or Democrat. They want you to believe that is what they are all about they are not, take the word of a born and raised true constitutionalist.

How can you make these claims with no substantiation, right on the heels of Derid’s comments that:

Theres a lot of Tea Parties - its largely a local phenominae, that happens to be occuring in a lot of localities.

Some are the religious types, a lot are more Constitutionalists.

The one thing all of them seem to agree on, is govt is way way to big and spending way to much. After that, there are some pretty big digressions of path.

Though the Dems and liberal arms of the media are doing every thing they can to paint the whole movement in religious colors. Because they know in the long run, that brand of fanaticism will turn off mainstream folk.

Unfortunately it is having some effect, especially as Palin encourages that angle.

I do not mind that many tea partiers may be religious, but if the fanaticism aspect wins out over the secular rational aspect,we might be in trouble. The Tea Party started as a very secular movement motivated by fear of GOP corruption, big govt, and Obama style marxism.

But at least the movement is helping put the scare in, and help clean out some of the Bush era rot. I am worried it will peak at mid terms though, and religious radicalization will dull its edge by the time the next Prez elections come around.

What I was hoping for, was a peak during the Prez cycle so it would be feasible to actually get the health care crap reversed.

Either I'm not nearly as smart as I think I am or some one has been drinking the conspiracy theory Koolaid...

edit:
You keep saying that true constitutionalists recognize that the government's authority is derived soley from the people being governed (I agree), but then when the people take a stand (tea partiers) you deride that as a contrivance of career politicians. I've been part of this movement from the start and I can tell you that in our local group there is not one single politician. Every one of us are local business owners, white and blue collar workers, and concerned parents. Some of those people have chosen to give up their careers to help fix things, but no one in our group is a career politician. In fact, when career politicians have approached the group seeking support they were summarily tossed out on their ass.

Where are you finding "tea party rhetoric"?

Last edited by Kaotic; 09/22/10 06:39 AM. Reason: $.02 more to add

Kaotic #77027 09/22/10 12:29 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Because the Tea Party was created and run by wealthy functionaries that are looking to gain tax cuts for themselves by fooling poor to middle class Americans into believing their voice is being heard at the political level, when it's not their voice but those of the wealthy. Rich philanthropists fund big rallies and events you see being orchestrated across the country. Tea Party candidates are seeking to line their pockets, and prevent the rich from being taxed, in exchange for giving the poor to middle class a soap box upon which to stand. The blue and white collar workers fooled by a movement that has less to do about their constitutional rights then it does about gaining legitimacy as a political movement and gaining a foothold in the political arena for the wealthy to win over the common man. Thus I don't buy their grassroots origins which is why I am suspicious of the whole movement, other then this hang up I think they could be a moving in the right direction, but as Kaotic says they have to toss those career politicians and make sure the money used to keep the movement active isn't from wealthy people trying to buy their way.

Drakiis #77033 09/22/10 01:52 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
As Kaotic noted, lots of tea partiers already HAVE tossed those guys out on their ass.

Never seen any evidence that any tea partiers want rich folk taxes lowered any more than anyone elses taxes.

Another thing to note is with the way the tax laws work, all those small business owners in LLC or S-type corps with pass-through - are considered "rich" by Obama and the "media" cause their business grosses over 200k even though after costs and paying employee salaries etc a lot of those guys only "take home" like 50k, in many cases less.

Truly rich people and large corps have legions of people like Romeo ( accountants) who make sure they use every loophole available and pay as little as possible. Usually a small army of lawyers as well.

Anyhow, here is what is - in my mind - a true "Tea Party" candidate.

http://www.randpaul2010.com/

If the so-called Tea Parties can help get candidates like this elected then more power to them.

Drakiis #77036 09/22/10 02:05 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Because the Tea Party was created and run by wealthy functionaries that are looking to gain tax cuts for themselves by fooling poor to middle class Americans into believing their voice is being heard at the political level, when it's not their voice but those of the wealthy. Rich philanthropists fund big rallies and events you see being orchestrated across the country. Tea Party candidates are seeking to line their pockets, and prevent the rich from being taxed, in exchange for giving the poor to middle class a soap box upon which to stand. The blue and white collar workers fooled by a movement that has less to do about their constitutional rights then it does about gaining legitimacy as a political movement and gaining a foothold in the political arena for the wealthy to win over the common man. Thus I don't buy their grassroots origins which is why I am suspicious of the whole movement, other then this hang up I think they could be a moving in the right direction, but as Kaotic says they have to toss those career politicians and make sure the money used to keep the movement active isn't from wealthy people trying to buy their way.

You still haven't said where you're getting your information. I'm not going to completely dismiss your claims unless you're just pulling this out of thin air. I would like the chance to look at the evidence you've amassed that has convinced you of your viewpoint.

And you persist in your assertion that the Tea Party is an actual centralized political party. I've seen no evidence of this, but would love the opportunity to review your data.

Last edited by Kaotic; 09/22/10 02:06 PM. Reason: Drakiis' persistance

Kaotic #77043 09/22/10 04:01 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Drakiis don't know how old you are but you are sounding a tad out of touch, I know some people who consider themselves part of the tea party and they are nothing like what you are describing.

It sounds like you are repeating msn talking points....been watching the Ed show to much LOL maybe a little less time in gov class or put the espresso cup down and step out into the light :P

Drakiis #77052 09/22/10 06:33 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Wow, someone has been watching a little to much of Keith Olberman. This is a big talking point of the left. I just don't get it, why does the left think so many people don't want rich people to be taxed? Especially a movement like the tea party, where their platform isn't ONLY taxes. The top percentaged of the wealthy already pay the biggest pie in taxes. If you want fair taxes, then scrap the fucking federal tax and IRS PERIOD and put in place the FAIRTAX ACT. EVERYONE would pay the same tax, whether your some crackhead on the corner to Bill fucking Gates. You will be looking for a long ass time to find a democrat that supports the fairtax act, humm I wonder why... after all they are supposed to be ALL about fair taxes. The Democrats aren't the good guys, they have their hand in the cookie jar as much or MORE than any other party. This is why the Dems and repubs BOTH can lick my fart box. BOTH are corrupt fucks. And this is why you see Tea party movers going against republicans as well. You can use the MSNBC talking points all you want, but it simply isn't the TRUTH behind the movement.

Wolfgang #77056 09/22/10 07:18 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Wow, someone has been watching a little to much of Keith Olberman. This is a big talking point of the left. I just don't get it, why does the left think so many people don't want rich people to be taxed? Especially a movement like the tea party, where their platform isn't ONLY taxes. The top percentaged of the wealthy already pay the biggest pie in taxes. If you want fair taxes, then scrap the fucking federal tax and IRS PERIOD and put in place the FAIRTAX ACT. EVERYONE would pay the same tax, whether your some crackhead on the corner to Bill fucking Gates. You will be looking for a long ass time to find a democrat that supports the fairtax act, humm I wonder why... after all they are supposed to be ALL about fair taxes. The Democrats aren't the good guys, they have their hand in the cookie jar as much or MORE than any other party. This is why the Dems and repubs BOTH can lick my fart box. BOTH are corrupt fucks. And this is why you see Tea party movers going against republicans as well. You can use the MSNBC talking points all you want, but it simply isn't the TRUTH behind the movement.

You go girl!!

Kaotic #77061 09/22/10 08:24 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

You go girl!!

307 Million in America at current Census pace.

That's 304 Million Sheep, and more then enough idiots.

Its up to the 1%'s to explain to the sheep and the idiots they are being led into the wolves den.

Kaotic #77062 09/22/10 08:26 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
The system is nuts thats for sure, at 16 I started working and have not been out of work for more than a week or two in all that time yet at the end of most years my rich uncle pats me on the back and says here take what you gave us and have a little of some other guys as well.... thats crazy..... federal welfare if you will. Now I am not dumb, I am as greedy as the next guy when it comes to money for nothing but you will never hear me say it's right.

My poor brother because of his lifedtyle choice will always be filing single and he had to pay 15,000 in federal taxes..... it's like we believe in punishing people for doing well.

I will never understand how we reached a point where we as Americans feel we have a right to someone elses money because they made better choices, worked harder or were just plain lucker.

I think a flat tax is a great idea that will never pass, you think people (dems) cry now!

Banshee #77064 09/22/10 08:41 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Flat Tax with a simple upward curve of tax to a cap of 20% at $1,500,000. That way not only is it a curve tax, its proportional to your disposable income over the medium household average income.

One standard deduction during tax time for single, married, jointly. Penalizing the single professionals who choose a career over family is no way to spur a Keynesian economic model. You could even make the standard exemption an inverse curve of the curve tax to allow for proportional to income deductions.

Completely simplify the tax code system and shut down all tax loopholes for individuals and corporations.

Let's see who much tax money we generate then as we increase disposable income, and increase the average family size due to ability to purchase and consume and afford to sustain more children. More children means more consumers with more disposable income which leads to more children. Which all leads to more taxes. Its like the Wal-Mart model of taxes. Increased tax totals not by increasing the per tax value, but by increasing the volume the tax is applied too. All of the sudden, increase consumption leads to affordable cost centers in which corporations can afford to pay local labor to produce, and those laborers can afford to sustain and consume.

In addition to that, were going to deal with immigration in one fell swoop. All non-us citizens in the U.S. will have to be here to work. All those individuals will be given a work visa, and will be subject to the curve tax, and be afforded the basic essentials we all use. We will then put a hard cap on the number of work visas we allow for every 2 year cycle. Anyone found to not have a work visa on US soil will be processed and tagged. Re-entry after tag w/o a work visa and being caught = bullet to the mother fucking head. Any individual committing a capitol crime who does not have a work visa, will be subjected to the death penalty.

Flame away on that ...

Tasorin #77082 09/22/10 10:22 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The tax system has got to change. They are using the same system that was started back in the 20's to help fund WW1 and has never been changed since (at least the principle of it). Obama said he is about change... I want to see it for once.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 09/22/10 10:24 PM.
Wolfgang #77174 09/23/10 08:04 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I wouldn't even throw a curve on the tax. Just flat tax it at ten percent and make it stick for everyone and everything. No loopholes, no deductions, no exemptions, ten-f*****g-percent.

If you got everyone paying into it, we would have more money than we knew what to do with.

Immigration is a lost cause until we get some elected folks with an intact spine. Or the people just lose it and take matters into their own hands.

The Feds can file lawsuits all they like but the bottom line is the States will ultimately handle the issue one way or another.

Daye #77179 09/23/10 09:34 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I know a lot of people feel strongly about the immigration issue.

Other than having govt handouts for illegals, which I myself abhor, is there any other reason?

While I have a problem with handing out free shit to people who come illegally, I cant say I am against having more people come.

Daye #77186 09/24/10 06:06 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
2nd rule of a gun fight bring the biggest gun lol

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard