KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,517 Trump card
1,336,603 Picture Thread
476,945 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Romeo_Montague #76838 09/20/10 03:31 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Put a jewish person in the oval office!
Trust me, the defecit will go away and fast! =P

And yes, the current Chief of Staff is Jewish muhahaha!
Although the Chief of Staff is not part of the presidential line of succession.

(Figured I'd lighten the mood lol)

Romey For President!

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #76952 09/21/10 04:27 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ok I have to admit to a terrible mistake, an error in judgment. I voted for Obama.....I listened to his rhetoric and gave careful consideration to who had the best chance to get things done for the country......maybe it was time for a change. The house and senate were lost, even if McCain won he wouldn’t be able to get anything done and after all he was from a different time maybe what we really needed was new blood, new thinking, someone who could bring people together and get things done.

After all he said he would be everyone’s President and lead from the middle haha this I never believed least you think me a total moron but I could live with a little left, things had been leaning right for a while now so ok I can live with a little left. My wife didn’t buy it but I said don't worry baby he wants what every President wants..... a second term, no way he will just leap off the left wing cliff hahahaha I was wrong on both counts which my wife reminds me of at least weekly.

Not only did he jump off the liberal left cliff but he, Pelosi and Kennedy all held hands and giggled like school girls as they leaped together.

I wanted him to fix the economy stupid, instead he fixed things like health care....I did not and do not want that! He gobbled up private business like it was candy and every other thing dems have wanted for years and then at the very last he made a weak effort at the economy and now he and dems don't know why we are not happy...... he did everything but what we (at least me) hired him for.... he will be a one term President and I may never cross party lines again LOL.

He and dems lost me and thousands more like me and will most likely never get us back. Hope you enjoy the 4yrs.
Of course he is the legal president, and qualified to be but he is also an academic hahaha which means he can tell you how a lot of things should be but fails terribly at really making anything work.

Banshee #76953 09/21/10 04:37 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well tbh both parties are completely off track and not working very efficiently to provide the leadership and government we require these days, however the Tea Party isn't much of a alternative either, and i don't believe they have any solutions to the issues we face any more then the Republicans or Democrats do. So where does that leave us? When in doubt go back to the source, the people themselves and the constitution.

Drakiis #76955 09/21/10 04:58 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Well tbh both parties are completely off track and not working very efficiently to provide the leadership and government we require these days, however the Tea Party isn't much of a alternative either, and i don't believe they have any solutions to the issues we face any more then the Republicans or Democrats do. So where does that leave us? When in doubt go back to the source, the people themselves and the constitution.

I may be wrong but from what I hear that is what the tea partiers (not capitalized because they are not a formal political party) are advocating Drakiis. A return to the roots of Judeo-Christian principals, morals and honor that our country was founded on.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #76968 09/21/10 07:25 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Theres a lot of Tea Parties - its largely a local phenominae, that happens to be occuring in a lot of localities.

Some are the religious types, a lot are more Constitutionalists.

The one thing all of them seem to agree on, is govt is way way to big and spending way to much. After that, there are some pretty big digressions of path.

Though the Dems and liberal arms of the media are doing every thing they can to paint the whole movement in religious colors. Because they know in the long run, that brand of fanaticism will turn off mainstream folk.

Unfortunately it is having some effect, especially as Palin encourages that angle.

I do not mind that many tea partiers may be religious, but if the fanaticism aspect wins out over the secular rational aspect,we might be in trouble. The Tea Party started as a very secular movement motivated by fear of GOP corruption, big govt, and Obama style marxism.

But at least the movement is helping put the scare in, and help clean out some of the Bush era rot. I am worried it will peak at mid terms though, and religious radicalization will dull its edge by the time the next Prez elections come around.

What I was hoping for, was a peak during the Prez cycle so it would be feasible to actually get the health care crap reversed.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #76973 09/21/10 08:59 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
they are not constitutionalists, not by a long shot. That is what they are banking on or trying to closely associate themselves with but realistically there is NOTHING in their political rhetoric that rings of liberty or the pursuit of happiness for all men and women of a fair and equal measure. The Tea Party is a abomination and a stain on social and political progress. They make many claims that are both contradictory and unsupported by fact. They are liberal crusaders trying to disguise themselves by wrapping themselves in the American Constitutional principles. Many are political chaos theorists trying to perform social experimentation on a weakened and troubled American people. A true Constitutionalist is defined as a philosophy or ideology that the authority of the government is derived from the people, subject to written laws which formed the foundation of our country. The Tea Party is a group of self serving politicians no different then those they seek to over throw, with agendas that are just as radical or restrictive as any Republican or Democrat. They want you to believe that is what they are all about they are not, take the word of a born and raised true constitutionalist.

Drakiis #76978 09/22/10 12:03 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Huh?

/scratches head

Not sure where you got some of those ideas. Though some of the things you say could certainly be ascribed to a few who claim to be tea partiers, I dont understand how you could pin it on even a large minority let alone a majority of the whole group.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #76991 09/22/10 06:31 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
they are not constitutionalists, not by a long shot. That is what they are banking on or trying to closely associate themselves with but realistically there is NOTHING in their political rhetoric that rings of liberty or the pursuit of happiness for all men and women of a fair and equal measure. The Tea Party is a abomination and a stain on social and political progress. They make many claims that are both contradictory and unsupported by fact. They are liberal crusaders trying to disguise themselves by wrapping themselves in the American Constitutional principles. Many are political chaos theorists trying to perform social experimentation on a weakened and troubled American people. A true Constitutionalist is defined as a philosophy or ideology that the authority of the government is derived from the people, subject to written laws which formed the foundation of our country. The Tea Party is a group of self serving politicians no different then those they seek to over throw, with agendas that are just as radical or restrictive as any Republican or Democrat. They want you to believe that is what they are all about they are not, take the word of a born and raised true constitutionalist.

How can you make these claims with no substantiation, right on the heels of Derid’s comments that:
Originally Posted By: Derid

Theres a lot of Tea Parties - its largely a local phenominae, that happens to be occuring in a lot of localities.

Some are the religious types, a lot are more Constitutionalists.

The one thing all of them seem to agree on, is govt is way way to big and spending way to much. After that, there are some pretty big digressions of path.

Though the Dems and liberal arms of the media are doing every thing they can to paint the whole movement in religious colors. Because they know in the long run, that brand of fanaticism will turn off mainstream folk.

Unfortunately it is having some effect, especially as Palin encourages that angle.

I do not mind that many tea partiers may be religious, but if the fanaticism aspect wins out over the secular rational aspect,we might be in trouble. The Tea Party started as a very secular movement motivated by fear of GOP corruption, big govt, and Obama style marxism.

But at least the movement is helping put the scare in, and help clean out some of the Bush era rot. I am worried it will peak at mid terms though, and religious radicalization will dull its edge by the time the next Prez elections come around.

What I was hoping for, was a peak during the Prez cycle so it would be feasible to actually get the health care crap reversed.

Either I'm not nearly as smart as I think I am or some one has been drinking the conspiracy theory Koolaid...

edit:
You keep saying that true constitutionalists recognize that the government's authority is derived soley from the people being governed (I agree), but then when the people take a stand (tea partiers) you deride that as a contrivance of career politicians. I've been part of this movement from the start and I can tell you that in our local group there is not one single politician. Every one of us are local business owners, white and blue collar workers, and concerned parents. Some of those people have chosen to give up their careers to help fix things, but no one in our group is a career politician. In fact, when career politicians have approached the group seeking support they were summarily tossed out on their ass.

Where are you finding "tea party rhetoric"?

Last edited by Kaotic; 09/22/10 06:39 AM. Reason: $.02 more to add

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #77027 09/22/10 12:29 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Because the Tea Party was created and run by wealthy functionaries that are looking to gain tax cuts for themselves by fooling poor to middle class Americans into believing their voice is being heard at the political level, when it's not their voice but those of the wealthy. Rich philanthropists fund big rallies and events you see being orchestrated across the country. Tea Party candidates are seeking to line their pockets, and prevent the rich from being taxed, in exchange for giving the poor to middle class a soap box upon which to stand. The blue and white collar workers fooled by a movement that has less to do about their constitutional rights then it does about gaining legitimacy as a political movement and gaining a foothold in the political arena for the wealthy to win over the common man. Thus I don't buy their grassroots origins which is why I am suspicious of the whole movement, other then this hang up I think they could be a moving in the right direction, but as Kaotic says they have to toss those career politicians and make sure the money used to keep the movement active isn't from wealthy people trying to buy their way.

Drakiis #77033 09/22/10 01:52 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
As Kaotic noted, lots of tea partiers already HAVE tossed those guys out on their ass.

Never seen any evidence that any tea partiers want rich folk taxes lowered any more than anyone elses taxes.

Another thing to note is with the way the tax laws work, all those small business owners in LLC or S-type corps with pass-through - are considered "rich" by Obama and the "media" cause their business grosses over 200k even though after costs and paying employee salaries etc a lot of those guys only "take home" like 50k, in many cases less.

Truly rich people and large corps have legions of people like Romeo ( accountants) who make sure they use every loophole available and pay as little as possible. Usually a small army of lawyers as well.

Anyhow, here is what is - in my mind - a true "Tea Party" candidate.

http://www.randpaul2010.com/

If the so-called Tea Parties can help get candidates like this elected then more power to them.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard