KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
It's official. KGB is 9 years old.

On 6/3/1997 the KGB Tanarus Team was formed. Some of the original KGB Webpages are still available:

The screen shot is of KGB's site on 6/3/1997. You can see the first JetStar logo below from 6/3/1997:

By July 1997, the KGB system was in place and KGB had grown to several dedicated members:

The beginnings of the KGB ranking and awards system can be seen early on:

Some of our early victories can be seen here:

It was KGB 5 Star general SOULSCREAM that convinced me I had the skills and the resources to lead the best of the best in statistics of the first real open PVP online gaming world on the internet.
That is exactly what we did, as KGB lead in combat by up and coming leader Drek in points and standing.

KGB began to thrive in a clear set of rules. PVP against all clearly definded enemies. I continued to record success and victory unlike any other organization. Competition developed amoung our most gifted PvPers, and KGB thrived.

On we would go. UO, EQ, DAOC, and beyond. Here we are!

At present, I am struggling with my OU Hybrid character. A chance to play with many I have never met in game, as well as something to hone our skills as we prepare for the futute.

1) Our new Prime Minister.
I see it like this. Romeo Montague, KGB Paladin and Prime Minister serves as my liason to our forces engaged in direct combat and Commander in Chief of our members involved in direct combat. Romeo carried the rank to make the nessassary decisions to make us successful in combat. Prime Minister Elph, KGB Chief of Staff for many years, carries the responsibility for all administrative aspects of KGB. Membership process, and observance of KGB rules and guidelines are her primary responsibility.

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 4 of the KGB Constitution clearly states: The Prime Ministers is authorized to carry out the duties of the High King in his absence. This position has all the powers of High King in accordance with the wished and duties assigned by the High King. The Prime Ministers is second in command and his orders should not be questioned.

We all know Prime Minister Elph and Prime Minister Romeo. Both of them are sworn to the KGB quest. I have much to say regarding the two of them and the positions they hold in our Nation.

Romeo Montague is actually a refugee from our UO conquest of the BYZ organization. He rose to power long ago with his balance of PvP skill and ability to lead at a very high level.

Prime Minister Elph started in KGB amoung one of our most historic generations. Immediately recognized by the High King as a gifted administrator, she was promoted quickly despite the objections of our veteran membership.

Elph brought a no bullshit attitude to administration, resisting her tendancy toward restraint and kindness in the enforcement of KGB law and the code that had kept us focused for so long.

Then Prime Minister Elph assisted historic KGB military leader and KGB Warlord Raekwon in the administration of our presence in the world of DAOC. It was during this period that KGB would experience some of it's greatest respect and combined skills. Several of our decorated paladins and most skilled PvPers formed the KGB xTeam. A spec group with some of our most skilled PvPers were very successful and made a name for KGB PvP once and for all.
During a time of vaccuum in leadership, my personal choices in KGB control would turn out to be disasterous. In Shadowbane, which proved to be our final political struggle, KGB Paladin and High Chancellor Binbs turned things around and once again showed KGBs ability to compete and succeed. (Prime Minister Romeo Montague played a key role in this victory).
The departure of the xTeam, which was made up of some of KGBs finest and the promotion of KGB SWG High Chancellor Jedule proved to be a fatal mistake in the advancement of KGB and its new focus on multi-game and multi-faction success proved to be a serious set back in the KGB organization.
Anarchy proved to be the popular form of government. No rules, no guidelines won over.
Despite our respectful defeat, KGB SB factions under Binbs, Romeo, and Holrom rose to the occasion and made a name for themselves during this dark time.

There are so many I have left out. It is so worth reading the KGB news archives, even though we are still adding many historic but lost articles.

Personally I am struggling to learn UO Hybrid and get out there with you all once again. I have not lead in combat since our presence in SB when our understanding and peace with COS was broken because we were learning and rising to be a challenge to quickly.

I long to lead KGB in combat once again in the future.

In my research, I have counted well over 2000 KGB members in the 9 years we have been a presence in online gaming. I hope to work with each of you on a personal level to make KGB the best it can be before our next endeavor.

I each and everyone of you in your commitment to this organization and ideal. I hope to see you in person soon.

In your service on this amazing 9th birthday for KGB,

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
awesome post jet, man my best times in KGB was the few mos I played on SP before joining KGB and after shortrly before DAOC came out.

Then the all time best I've had being as member of KGB was coleading the Andred factio with raekwon we had a fantastic group of people and had an awesome time

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Very nice post High King, even I learned some things about KGB's start that I hadn't known before!

I'd also like to add that there are many great leaders (military and political) that were not mentioned in the article; and even some of the games we were in went unmentioned. But knowing from many personal experiences, typing a large "timeline" sort of post is a very difficult task; and for every one person you honor in it, you hurt the feelings of five others.

So... without mentioning any names, I’d like to add to Jet's article by saying well done and we'll need you in future games (like DFO), to the many great leaders small and large KGB has had over the years. To the masters of the 2D shards in UO Pacific and Siege Perilous, guarding dungeon and city entrances; the brave commanders of DAoC Gawaine and Andred, willing to build a ram and storm a keep in the frontier; the organized captains of war in Shadowbane, who could led zerg armies and small strike forces depending on if we needed to storm a city or just kill an enemy exp group; the starry eyed galaxy generals of SWG Bloodfin and Flurry, keeping KGB alive even with a lead destroying their own city; the dreamers of WoW Archimonde, we tried hard to bring good old fashion PvP to WoW, but the game is about instancing for gear and even the BGs were a farming for points.

We've also had many great leaders willing to put together groups in other games like CS, Guildwars, and Eve. Sometimes these games and the players in them were all KGB had keeping us in the lime light during these periods between big MMOs.

Now we stand at the event horizon of what will be KGB's next big and likely biggest conquest (or perhaps a long series of struggles that we eventually rise to the top in.) Darkfall Online promises all the true empire building features SB tried to offer as well as many other features that will certainly help make the dream of the ultimate MMO come true... Naval battles finally, city and land ownership that truly means something since it grants you access to scarce building resources, and one massive world to hold all their players so all our old friends and enemies will be there separated only by rivers and mountains instead of servers that we can't cross.

Anytime a thread is started with KGB's name in it, the posts from friends and enemies alike never stop coming. We are damn near a household name in MMORPGs... KGB is not only known but expected in every major MMO. Love us, hate us, but like a girlfriend (or boyfriend) they still want us around; because a MMO isn't the same without the Knights of Glory and Beer!

Former Warriors and Leaders as well as future ones will all be needed to continue KGB's illustrious name, and maybe one day it'll be our guild's name printed across multiple major gaming magazines and news articles!

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Strength, and Honor.

Long live the KGB!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Happy B-Day KGB! I remember the first day I saw a KGB tag over my head in UO, one of the proudest moments in my MMO life.

Huzzah!

~Raist
Retired KGB <insert title>
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Quote:

Happy B-Day KGB! I remember the first day I saw a KGB tag over my head in UO, one of the proudest moments in my MMO life.

Huzzah!

i remember that for myself,back then it took a few mos to even get nto KGB & Jet personally would Knight ppl

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Happy Birthday KGB!

I look forward to getting the "Recruit" tag removed from my UO:Hybrid character and joining your ranks officially!

Ready for duty!!

-Taxman

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salute

For the Glory and the Beer

Happy birthday KGB

Former Member
Former Member
Cheers to all KGB veterans past and present.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard