KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#65021 05/07/10 02:27 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
2 hour long debate about why I should "Believe" in GOD.
How mans standards of morality are COMPLETELY different from being a righteous person in the eyes of GOD.
How even if you live your whole life being a nice person but never accept GOD you don't get into Heaven, but if some dude kills someone and repents they get in(no luxury's though as they told me, still better than burning in hell yeah?).

I eventually provoked one of the famous christian responses to why GOD must be real!

Rebuttal to the anti-evolution argument and proof of GOD:
GOD is real because we are real, our existence is proof that GOD exists. Science is always wrong and constantly changing their mind about what they "said" was fact.

Non-religious vs Christian

Christian: Evolution of man isn't real... We still have monkeys and they are STILL MONKEYS. So how could we have evolved from them if they are still here.

My Response: Maybe your Monkeys are the true children of GOD then, and the word of GOD was "My Children live in harmony with this blessed world I have created for you." And so it was.
Maybe MAN was product of a random amoeba which became an earth killing parasite, that just happened to evolve along the same path as a monkey.

debate ended on that bombshell!
The christian said something about wanting to throw some big object around and the conversation was pointless to continue.

A interesting notion of heaven, hell, and judgment came up as well.

Hell doesn't exist until Armageddon in which the earth becomes Hell and Heaven is still elsewhere. (Maybe GOD just makes us a new earth to live on *shrug* after all he is "All Mighty!") And on the day of Armageddon "Judgment Day" the souls wondering the Earth (Limbo) will then be judged by GOD and accepted or denied entry to Heaven. -You could add to this idea by spinning it into reincarnation somehow, where the "evil" souls are left behind on a dead planet and the "good" ones are given a new home.-

But yeah... blah blah blah interesting debate... fun stuff and I had no real place to document that funny ass rebuttal to his monkey argument so I tossed it up here.
-Enjoy!-

Last edited by Raiden MarkIV; 05/07/10 02:37 AM.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
...because science is NEVER wrong! /sarcasm

Wolfgang #65041 05/07/10 08:46 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Fundamental difference between Catholic and Christians anymore. Call a Catholic a christian, and find out.

The Catholic church, ergo the Papacy, changed its views on evolution a long time ago. In the 80's the Catholic church was teaching in Biology, that science shows indisputable evidence of the earths age, its pre-history, and provides clues into our natural progression from a common great ape ancestor.

The twist was always, while evolution is scientifically sound, the question of why evolution was pushed this way becomes the theological debate. It was He who has no name, that guided the universe to produce these places where what we refer to as "life" to exist. It is that cosmic power which gave this planet the catalyst to give birth to life, and it is furthermore from that guidance, that human kind was born.
While science may show "how" it happened, it is "God" that made it happen.

Try taking AP Biology from a progressive Nun.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #65061 05/07/10 02:47 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Yes most of what people believe the Catholic Church believes is out dated and wrong.
This is where you get stupid people telling us what we believe but don't even know what we really believe.

Tasorin I don't believe you wrote more then 2 sentences with out making my head explode, that proves there is a God.

Tasorin #65063 05/07/10 03:54 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
wow interesting.... I didn't know that about the catholic church, that is something I will have to read about in more dept.

HEHE I don't ever think I know everything about all religions... just enough to piss the hardcore ones off when they try to "Tell me to good WORD!" which just happens to be the majority is Christians.

But yeah thanks for the insight on that. On top of further understandings of Buddhists and what not.... Would be nice to pick the brain of someone that still believes in Greek mythology.

"Hey my GOD is right your Ideals are WRONG!" too many wars have been fought over such ignorance and stubbornness to learn and understand something that "might" unsettle their whole fundamental belief system.

See I am not one to blindly believe in one religion just because it was the first one to make sense to me. I guess in that sense I seek a path not of righteousness or holyness but enlightenment.

Last edited by Raiden MarkIV; 05/07/10 03:55 PM.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well the crazy ones are the ones that believe we walked with dinos and the earth is 5000 years old. Dont mix those up with the rest.

Helemoto #65103 05/08/10 11:29 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
you mean we didn't?

lol jk

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #65111 05/08/10 12:35 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

-Thomas Jefferson

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #65122 05/08/10 04:19 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

-Sting

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #65124 05/08/10 06:50 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Ya'll crack me the fuck up. I have no idea where you come up with this shit.

Helemoto, apparently man did walk with dino's, not sure in what era, but the fossil finds in Texas, according to our scientists, tend to point to this as fact.

Evolution is as much horseshit as christianity. If man truly did "evolve" from some glop of goo, then why did he become what we are. This is not evolutionary perfection, it is not even remotely close. Why did it take us until the last fifty or sixty years to even begin to think of cool shit like computers and MMO's...phah..evolved my ass.

And the earth is not billions of years old either. I love how all these scientists say all this stuff and they have no clue. Why did carbon dating state that a living molusk was some 14000 years dead. It's all garbage. We can't even manage to launch a true spacecraft, we simple strap people onto a few rockets and let them float to the moon, the propel it back the basic same way. And wy, if the planets are as old as science alleges, did the lunar module not sink deep into the surface of the moon. If the thing was as old as they claim, the dust, in no gravity, would have been feet deep, not inches.

Bottom line, you can argue all of that till your blue in the face, someone will always have an answer for every direction that fits their arguement. I studdied world religions at one point in my life, all of them basically come from the same place, and in the end, religion is nothing more than a placebo for people. Do not even get me started on the ignorant Catholic Church. I was being groomed to be the first Catholic priest in my family..they have no idea of the scandals THAT would have caused..LOL

Last edited by Vuldan; 05/08/10 06:53 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard