KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 15 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Greeley
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,003,950 Trump card
1,337,260 Picture Thread
477,076 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#6277 05/18/06 08:06 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I have had lots of time over here in Holland to think about our future. Specifically thinking about Darkfall. This game seems to have everything we ever wanted. In order to be successful, we are goingto have to have a very large and organized effort.

This is something we have not seen in a while, nor do we have the active numbers at this time. Seems many KGB are off doing their own thing, or like me, bored with what is available and waiting for the next generation.

I posted about KGB's 8th Birthday and am going to try and get into a free UO shard just to reconnect with some of you and start working together and sharpening KGB's communication tools.

I think we need to try and all get involved on the boards at least and begin preparing for the next big thing. I for one get excited every time I read about Darkfall. So now is the time to contact your KGB Brothers and Sisters who may have gone their separate ways.

Lets not miss our chance to be successful on a large scale. A large and organized presence will be the best way to attract a new generation of dedicated and mature players.

I invite you to share your thoughts.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I agree, which is why I view UO:Hybrid as a training area for the next game, hopefully Darkfall if it pans out, or maybe World of Conan, which I have only recently started hearing about. Maybe some other game altogether.

Regardless, we need to start training the KGB Machine, and UO:Hybrid is perhaps a place to start. We work on smoothing things out in ventrillo, or teamspeak, we learn to coordinate in teams together, we organize in the forums the events we want to organize. It's a training exercise.

It's like when I was in the service. When we wanted to train to go to war, we didn't go bomb Duluth, Minnesota with live ordinance, although that would have been very realistic training. We flew missions in the simulator, and we dropped practice munitions on bombing ranges, and flew in Red Flag exercises, etc, etc. Then when the REAL wars emerged in Afghanistan and Iraq, the troops were ready to employ and dominate.

So, UO:Hybrid is our simulator, our bombing range. It's not the real thing, but it is where we start identifying the cadre of leaders we will need for when we do move to the real thing.

Right now, UO:Hybrid is adequate. Do not reject the adequate in pursuit of the perfect. Those who expect to be leaders in the Next Big Thing should the ones leading the way now, in a training capacity. We are not looking necessarily to develop 'l33t game skills in UO, but we do need to work on leadership, discipline, cohesiveness, and organization.

That won't happen by idling your time away by yourself in some other game waiting for GameX to be released.

For what it's worth...

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Few of us are playing EVE-online, which is the real deal in of itself. Has quite a learning and skill curve though.

UO should just be retired IMO. If people wanna play, thats great, but if we just have a few ppl running around in a group it wont help us for DFO much, at least as a guild.

If the group that plays forms into a tight-knit group though, that can fight as a group together well then that would certainly be a bonus.

DFO is going to be a massive team-game, not a "run with a good group" game, and old UO will never produce the energy and motivation to get a large group of people practicing that.

So in other words, while it may certainly be benificial for
a single group, it wont be doing much to build or strengthen a chain of command for the guild. This was our biggest initial problem in SB, and IMO is far and away the most important issue going into DFO, or other massive-scale siege games.

You should hop in Vent Jet, theres a decent amount of us who game-hop and just chill.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
UO HYBRID OWNS 24/7 PVP was figthing 20 Vs 20 all day today insane fun.. get in and hold on!!

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
UO is just to old for me. Probably the best MMORPGS out there right now are Eve and RYL:Path of the Emporer/Neocron. RYL/Neocron is FPS and guild oriented.

And Eve is one of the most guild PvP oriented games out there, but the passive skill gain takes a month or two before you can compete very effiently in PvP.

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
i can't stand space games
i am having fun in uo when I get time to play

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Band 1
Band 1
For what it's worth I have a castle and accounts with probably every charecter needed (smith, tailor, alch, tamer PvPers, etc...) on Metropolis (http://www.metropolisshard.com).

Also the server has a severe PK problem... I don't play anymore and would be willing to share the wealth if KGB wanted it, I'd love to help re-unite KGB... PM if your interested Jet, I'll check my PM's... -julio

Band 2
Band 2
Get on hybrid 4tw, pvp here! Pk's here!

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
rheea what r your chars ?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Band 2
Band 2
Rheea de KGB and Rinn.

I usually hang around ubers house (its on an island), also right now I'm in vesper training magicresistance.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard