KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Duchess of KGB
OP Offline
Duchess of KGB
As I know we mostly have guy gamers here in KGB, I'm also aware of the fact we have many women gamers as well. This is more for the women, but guys if you know a woman who knit's, chrochet's or quilts you might show this to them.

I love reading books by Debbie Macomber and I receiver her newsletter. In the latest one I got it had the link to this in it:

"My Dear Friends:

I always say I have the most caring, generous readers in the world, and now's the time for all of you who knit or crochet to prove I'm right!

I invite you to pick up your needles and join me in helping infants and children in need across the country in an initiative worthy of our time, talent and yarn. That initiative is KNIT1, BLESS2, a Mother's Day outreach that will provide our hand-knitted and crocheted baby blankets and garments to three national charities that help these precious, needy children. The three organizations are: Newborns in Need, Project Linus and The Binky Patrol.

Mother's Day is a very special time for me. I'm usually on tour in May promoting my new book, but I always make it a point to be home on that special Sunday to celebrate with my children and grandchildren and honor the memory of my own mother.

This year, I thought about the babies born into this world who may not have all of the advantages that my own children and I enjoyed. I wanted to find a way to help—and knitting for charity has always been one of my passions.

I realized that, working together, we could make an extraordinary difference in many children's lives. KNIT1, BLESS2 was created as a focus for the effort. Please choose a project—no matter how small or large—and sign up below. Use a pattern you have on-hand—or check out the websites for the three charities—some patterns are posted there. Recommended items: blankets, preemie caps, sweaters, and bibs.

As part of KNIT1, BLESS2, Leisure Arts, which publishes my pattern booklets, is making Knit Along With Debbie Macomber, A Charity Guide For Knitters available from March 1 to May 1, 2010, at LeisureArts.com at a special price of $12.50 ($4.45 off the regular retail price of $16.95. Enter Coupon Code DMACB.) The collection includes patterns and information for a variety of organizations. All of my proceeds from my licensed products, including the Leisure Arts Knit Along series, go to charity.

Thank you in advance for being a part of KNIT1, BLESS2 and I hope to see you on tour for my new book!
"

If this sounds at all interesting to you, then please go to http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=knit1 for more information. I myself will be participating for the Newborn's in Need program.

Sincerely,
ZhenYu

Last edited by ZhenYu Omega; 03/01/10 04:35 AM.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You should also buy your supplies here http://www.knitpicks.com/ and here http://www.connectingthreads.com/ (because I work there) :P

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard