KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
you mean they haven't out sourced to a foreign job market and killed the common working man or created a record high unemployment so they can pay someone like Syloc 50 cents a hour to push a button all day yet like almost every other American company?

Sure we have. We just call them partners, and not slaves. We have a major aerospace design center in Russia, India, and soon off mainland Japan some place. Too expensive to do in Japan, and the Kiertzu (sp)dicotomy between the Heavy's is Asia makes it tough to put it some place lower cost, and still keep all the ego's in check.

Airbus is going to China, we are going any place other then China. They tried to put us to sleep with the Asian Heavy Industries, so Boeing told them you don't fuck with big blue biotch!!

About 40-70% of our sub systems and sub assemblies come from foreign content. A large percentage of that we own the IP on and the manufacturing process. We pay someone else to make our shit for us, or we enter into partnerships which allow us to keep the IP and MP, but share the cost and profit structures.

I sent a Supplier home today after three hours of negotiations. This was after the fact it was 2 years since they claimed we owed them money. I sent him home because they told me there was no real value to money over time calculations, and they demanded I give them that value in a lump sum payment. The NPV they got sent home for ..... less then $200,000 USD

So I told them to send back their Director and their Comptroller. That's how hard nosed Boeing demands we are in negotiations. We are pretty much turned loose to run down, discredit, and out analyze the enemey. Every dollar we return is like a gold coin saved in the CFO's words.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Champion
OP Offline
KGB Champion
You work for Boeing, Tas? I know a lot of people that work/worked for Boeing here in St. Louis.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
yeah he's a middle man in Boeing, one of the people who actually works.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Champion
OP Offline
KGB Champion
My uncle was an engineer. He retired when it was still McDonnell Douglas.

By middle man do you mean he's the man in the middle of your buttcheeks? I bet he does work smile

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It's like a warm fuzzy pillow, the best night of sleep you'll ever have.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Yissu Dojar
You work for Boeing, Tas? I know a lot of people that work/worked for Boeing here in St. Louis.

St. Louis is the other side of the business. That is the Boeing Defense and Security business segment. I work for the Boeing Commercial Airplanes business segment, just north of Seattle.

I settle outstanding assertions from our supplier base for monies they feel are contractually owed to them for work performed on the 787-8 development program. I act as the Financial Analyst in BCA Supplier Management. I am as well one of the three primes for Boeing during negotiations with the partners/suppliers I am assigned.

We deal with a lot of different scenarios, and no two negotiations are the same, similar maybe, but never the same. Its my job to do the analysis, develop the financial portion of the procurement board, that goes all the way to the V.P. of BCA for approval, and then co-facilitate negotiations until a settlement can be reached.

I wear a lot of ties, shake a lot of hands, and try not to blow smoke up peoples back side. I find that when your up front, truthful, and can back your position with facts, you find yourself having a much easier time dropping the hammer on people when they are trying to bullshit you.

One thing I have really learned, there are two worlds. The one world is way we think things should be, the other is how things are handled contractually. The latter being bereft with unfairness, underhanded sneaky tactics, while the aforementioned being the same, just a little more rose colored.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
In other words he wears big boy pants..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard