KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,638 Trump card
1,337,362 Picture Thread
477,136 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
i've played alot of diff mmo's but still to me in the pvp aspect nothing compares to it and I haven't been back playing it for too long but it's been alot of fun

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

With the variety of MMO's that are finally emerging...

I am less than impressed with the current crop of MMOs with respect to PvP, and those that are over the horizon (Darkfall and DnL) seem to be floundering. Hopefully, when released, they will be what we are looking for...

IN THE MEANTIME, as I have previously noted, UO:Hybrid is crawling with murderin' sons'o'bitches who desperately need to be whacked with cold steel and fried by sizzling bolts of mystical energies. Any KGB warriors who are currently sitting on their asses while their KGB brothers and sisters are rushing to the front to engage the enemy need to assess their priorities.

Every member of the KGB has to find thier own path, but in this case, the King has spoken. The Call to Arms has been sounded, and the King himself will ride forth to join battle. Duty, and the Honor of the KGB demands that where the King leads, I must follow!

Of course, if you find that the lack of vertical movement in the game is not to your liking, your milage may vary

But for me, I stand with the King!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Darkfall and DNL? Have you also looked at Age of CONAN?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

Darkfall and DNL? Have you also looked at Age of CONAN?

I just read your thread on the open gaming forum, and it looks very interesting, but yet again, this is an over-the-horizon game, and drums of war are sounding on UO:Hybrid NOW.

Who can remain idle at the return of the King?

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
dnl is probably gonna suck

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
i am not to sure if i can or not yet, hoping ot be able to get on though!!!

Band 1
Band 1
It's an interesting idea. There is no way it could rival 1998 UO in terms of community and strife, but it could be fun for some pen and paper style gameplay with a good DM.

hear no evil see no evil speak no evil. no praise no blame.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Fact: UO is not 2d... it is actually a 3/4 perspective "sprite" based game. :-) Okay, so you are not looking over your toon's shoulder, or through their eyes. But the magery/swordplay/pvp action is still timeless today as it was almost 10 years ago! The client does have a "3D" that came out in the "Third Dawn" expansion, it is still 3/4 perspective but the models are polygons and rendered instead of sprite-based. You can play the game in either mode, but I prefer the sprite-based mode personally.

For those of you who have not ever played UO, there are no "factions" or reasons why you cannot attack anybody. In fact, you can (inadvertently) attack your own teammates in the heat of battle, so be careful with targeting okay?! :-) If you walk into town, you can attack anyone you see (normal players have blue names) - however this will "flag" you as a "grey" criminal (with a timer countdown) and you are open for anyone to kill without recourse. If you kill a "blue" player (remember grey and red's are open game) they can report you as a murderer and you will get a "count", once that count rises to a certain number you are a "red" player (red name) - and anyone can kill you without recourse anywhere in the game. When a player falls, they can be looted; completely and utterly naked if you want. To add insult the body can be "mutilated" and cut into parts.. heads collected/etc. There is no care-bear kiddy stuff in the UO:Hybrid server we are on, your life is in the hands of you and your guild mates' hands - not some silly faction ruleset.

Personally, I have been waiting for KGB to get together on something for a long time. I tried to get with your guys in WoW before, but you closed off there just as I was leveling my character to join your ranks. For the last few months it was appearing that I would have to wait until some "NEW/BETTER" game came out in order to do it, but this calling even a (currently) NON-KGB (hopefully member soon) has to answer!

This server is RIPE for KGB's calling, and there will be MANY-a-Red (murderous) bastard to feel the wrath! I hope to meet you all in-game there and fight by your side!

So if some guy who isn't even KGB (yet) yet is willing to take up his sword and fight beside your king and fellow members... what is YOUR excuse?

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

So if some guy who isn't even KGB (yet) yet is willing to take up his sword and fight beside your king and fellow members... what is YOUR excuse?

Well said, Tax.

Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown. I'm sure Darfall/Age of Conan/Whatever is going to be THE future game of the KGB, but until then, UO:Hybrid is where the KGB, as an organization, needs to be right now.

Character development is easy - my guy is GM swords/tactics/anatomy/archery after only week or two, and right now, I'm just tweaking up magery/resist/healing. The only reason my template is taking so long is that I do it the old fashoned way. If you want to macro it up unattended, you can be ready virtually overnight.

Taxman is a good friend of mine, and his application is up waiting for one more vote. I hope more of my KGB buds make the jump into Hybrid so that you can get to know not only Tax, but other friends that we just haven't met yet, but who will be a part of the KGB in the future.

Hybrid is not only a game that we can jump into for the current moment, but I see it as a good place to recruit for whatever game we go to next. The people who are playing there now are the kind of gamers we need to bring into the KGB Empire. But to do that, the KGB needs to move in and start kicking some ass. We won't be inspiring any new recruits with 10-15 people.

If we start racking up kills, they will come. Let's get it done sooner rather than later.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown. I'm sure Darfall/Age of Conan/Whatever is going to be THE future game of the KGB, but until then, UO:Hybrid is where the KGB, as an organization, needs to be right now.

Thanks Owain,

Indeed, there isn't a huge leveling curve on UO:Hybrid. In a couple hour sessions you can have several GM's up. To work on the hard ones to level such as Magic Resist, it is easier (and more time/cost effective) to have guildmates casting and others who are working on healing to gain by healing as a group.

I currently spend a majority of my spare time (which isn't a lot) playing WoW and then connect to hybrid when I catch Owain or other KGB folks on. When the "bigger/better" game comes along, I will be there also to play it - but I am definitely not holding my breath for that day before I get in some good PVP action in.

On the UO:Hybrid server there are ORGANIZED PVP/Red guilds hunting players at gate sites as well as massive raids on cities themselves. I saw a portal open in Britain and literally 20-30 "reds" pour out and begun laying waste to everyone and anyone in their path. Definitely, if KGB wants to make its presence felt and gain respect of others, this is a good place to do it! But to only have 10-15 players here as a group is not going to get much accomplished.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard