KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Oh and BTW Romeo, I'm not judging you or others for donation.

Do as you wish and that was not a slam to anyone in particular but a general loss of faith amongst us all as Americans.

Just wanted to make that point smile

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Romeo,

When does it stop though? I mean, there will always be people in need around the world. We can't stop that, they can't stop that.

The time is nearing where self sufficiency will prevail and if we don't have our own in order we'll be forced into someone else's way of living. Seriously.

Again, no thanks. I'm not happy they suffer nor did I ask for this to happen so don't pull the `suffer card` on me. I have plenty near me who `suffer` daily yet seem to always have a hard time getting government assistance; even if they don't really want it, but will because it's the right thing to do for their family.

I'm talking moral backbone here. I may be old school but there was a time in our country where you took care of your own. You came together to get things done whether it was plowing the fields, building a home or just relaxing on the front porch drinking sweet tea. Yes, sure those all sound a bit `corney` now to some of you younger members but we've lost touch with our fellow man. Not man as someone in another country who is in need but rather the fellow man next door.

I'm sure each of you could find 5, 10 maybe 20 people who could really use a break. Have it be a free meal or maybe a ride because they've no car to drive themselves. It's the simple things that bring us together and the current trend is to rally upon something massive to show your `one of the ones` who helped. Why does suffering, hunger and disasters around the world unite those of these United States of America while pat yourselves on the back for `doing the right thing` just as you shuffle past some homeless guy you don't even acknowledge?

Me? I donate regularly. To what you may ask? Local (county and tri-county) food banks, upon checkout purchased a families groceries for them a few times and most recently several hundred dollars to a little girl who has heart complications.

Sure, maybe it's not the `in` thing to do and I am so saddened by the loss of both life and civil stability but again how can I honestly, deep down, help others while I know those closer/closest to me are suffering; not from a natural disaster but from the unkind, unclean souls of those "fellow Americans" who just ignore.

Sorry. You've dug up some emotion in this old, black heart of mine (as some would call it) but then again I'm not one for the glorious `look at me attitude`. I'll donate, when and to whom I favor, without wearing a pin or bracelet or button; because I believe in first myself and second my moral fiber.

Thank you,

Richard

"Itchy" you are now my hero, for whatever reasons, and no matter how hard I try not to be I have been unemployed for for 2 years now, maybe it's the job market in the place I am, myaybe it's my work history, maybe it's that I am not in the right place at the right time, but whatever it is I would not be here talking to you all if it were not for people who think like Ictinike.

I think people do this because they want to feel like part of the global community, seem trendy because George Cloony is doing it so that means it must be right, and yet they spit on our own troubled peoples. Look just because a movie star is doing it that won't make your contribution any greater abroad, while I do believe help abroad is important you really have to take a step back and see clearly enough what you are not doing before deciding to do something.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Drakiis

"Itchy" you are now my hero, for whatever reasons, and no matter how hard I try not to be I have been unemployed for for 2 years now, maybe it's the job market in the place I am, myaybe it's my work history, maybe it's that I am not in the right place at the right time, but whatever it is I would not be here talking to you all if it were not for people who think like Ictinike.

I think people do this because they want to feel like part of the global community, seem trendy because George Cloony is doing it so that means it must be right, and yet they spit on our own troubled peoples. Look just because a movie star is doing it that won't make your contribution any greater abroad, while I do believe help abroad is important you really have to take a step back and see clearly enough what you are not doing before deciding to do something.

As for being unemployed for over 2 years; McDonalds is always hiring anyone from 15 thru 68. If you are older then 68 then I feel for you, otherwise they hire drug addicts, rapists, former convicts, etc. So don't know how many women you have hid in your basement lately, but they will overlook it.

As for not supporting our own...you have to be joking.
You could not imagine how much money, clothing, time and food I donate to local charities, homeless shelters, battered women's shelters, etc. Ontop of all of this, look up a NPO called Rock N Wrap it Up, which is run only in the US and supports only local charities and local people in need. It collects all leftover food from events, parties, concerts, sports games, schools, universities, etc and delivers those items directly to those in need at that moment. Started by my family (Syd Mandelbaum) and continued to be operated by my entire family on a volunteer basis throughout the United States. Partnered with nearly every major sports team, singer, dancers, MTV, etc.

The difference of donating globally is not to feel like Im one of the crowd, it is that when I donate outside of the US the people I donate to are much more grateful then the people I donate to in the US. Do I still donate time, momny and items to local and state-wide charities? Hell, yes. Do I feel the people in the US who I help are in the least bit grateful? 90% of the time...nope...but I still donate. When you bring battered women and homeless people gourmet food and their response is, "What? No cheese on top? Did you bring cheese?" you start to realize that most people in the country are greedy SOBs.

I give money to homeless and hungry people on the street; I donate money and goods to local shelters and charities; I donate funds to all local religious bodies (regardless of the religion practiced.) And at the end of the year, all I get is a letter saying, "Thanks for your XXX contribution. This amount is tax-deductible. We look forward to your continued support." No sincere thank you, no show of thanks from anyone who received the goods etc. No sign that any of those people whom you have helped are going to turn themseleves around.

Your post only further proves my point. An American, who supports his country and the people living in it, gets absolutely no thanks what so ever; however when they support another cause, that is outside the country, the only people to jump down his or her throat are people from the US because they feel they haven't received "enough." What is enough in your guys minds? I need to donate only to the US? Thats pretty retarded as some of the other parts of the world are not as lucky and fortunate as some of us and cannot help themseleves. Not to mention KGB members exist all over the world, not just in the US.

Donations were not forced on any of you and if you choose not to donate then no one will jump down your throats, however you choose to persecute the one person who does help. I may be a US Citizen, but I am a human being first and will help my fellow men and women regardless of race, religion, nationality, or where they choose to live.

And you wonder why people would rather support the global world, then look after their own. The rest of the world appreciates their gifts, but when you talk about America...only those who receive the gifts are thankful...the rest of the country still bitches looking for their piece of the pie.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Just because you are bitter doesn't mean they deserve to suffer!

2 Thumbs Up!
Donations!

Agreed, some of you need to just chill.

Former KGB Member
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon

Agreed, some of you need to just chill.

Yeh, they really do.
No one came along and said we are forcing you to donate.
It's like someone came along and pissed in your last bowl of cheerios. It wasn't us, so save your hostility for elsewhere.

If people choose to help, be accepting of that as KGB members should be (We are an international organization and not just a US one) and do not go out of your way to try and make them feel like worse of a person for doing it. In the end you are only going to steer them away from helping out other people in the US.

Everyone has their own personal situations they can whip out to be angry over, but in the end...we did not cause those situations, so do not hold us responsible for them.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Romeo,

When does it stop though? I mean, there will always be people in need around the world. We can't stop that, they can't stop that.

For me? Never.
I will donate money until I have none left to donate, and then I will donate my time.
There have been years where I have given away to much, just to be left without certain luxuries that myself or my lady like. Big deal, I still donate.

Thats my opinion on the human race; they all deserve a chance and I will help support any and all issues which may happen to any us. If I end up broke on the streets, then so be it. I have lived out of a car before, its not fun I will admit, but if you have to do it, you do it. I worked my way back up to having an apartment, a condo, a house, etc.

I'm one of the few that will walk by a homeless man with only a $20/50/100 in my wallet and will still stop and give it to him or her, rather then walking by thinking, "To bad I dont have anything smaller." I know I can replace the money with some work, while the homeless person may not have as easy of a chance at replacing it. (Although McDonalds is ALWAYS hiring.)

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction

I'm sure each of you could find 5, 10 maybe 20 people who could really use a break. Have it be a free meal or maybe a ride because they've no car to drive themselves. It's the simple things that bring us together and the current trend is to rally upon something massive to show your `one of the ones` who helped. Why does suffering, hunger and disasters around the world unite those of these United States of America while pat yourselves on the back for `doing the right thing` just as you shuffle past some homeless guy you don't even acknowledge?

Again, I already do everything you have outlined in your post. I am an officer in a volunteer organization that does everything you listed in your post. I don't do it for any type of "pat on the back," I specifically do it to make each one of those peoples lives...just that much better. I donate anything I have on me at the time to any homeless man/woman I have ever seen. The last person to pick-up someone for a ride in my area ended up being stabbed, gutted and left in a dumpster. Sorry, I will donate my time and money, but I will not permit a sranger into my car in this area. I would gladly call and pay for a taxi for them, but they aren't getting in my car lol.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
The amount of charity that American gives every year Is larger then most country's GDP.

Hati, being next door to us it is only fitting that we are there to help.

Several countries have donated to the US when we have had hurricanes or terrorist bombings.

Correct and Agreed.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Just because you are bitter doesn't mean they deserve to suffer!

2 Thumbs Up!
Donations!

<3

[Linked Image from sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
whoa Romeo I don't think your getting it, first off I think if anyone needs a time out it most certainly isn't me, you posted so many times on top of yourself that it's obvious your angry and a bit unbalanced over this. I am not bitter, I am thankful, and I know better then anyone how much people give, so take a step back and breath bro because there is no one more thankful then I. However you know what's funny a lot of people say the same things, and unless you are where I am and seeing from my perspective you will never have a clue, it's easy for those with a job to take that for granted and make many wild assumptions about things they are not currently dealing with. Mc Donalds isn't this all hiring all supporting institution everyone seems to think and while their standards may be low if they have enough teenagers and old folks working there then you will not be able to get a job regardless, and I might add, that while the baby boomers still walk the earth in this economy it is very difficult to find even that work believe me.

This is the core of the issue people get fucking defensive about what they do, and don't like it when others question why they do it, well I have a right to my own opinion just like anyone else, and I can tell you suffering no matter where it happens is bad, however when people trivialize the suffering at home to justify suffering abroad by saying oh they are just not trying hard enough that is asinine and a warped sense of perception. What makes the issues or suffering of one group any less or any more then that of another? What are the criteria? How do you judge or weigh which deserves the attention more? Would it not be wiser to start close to home so one could see the effects first hand and know they have done something to contribute? Either way You judge me I am living it and your not. As I stated in my post above I am lucky and thankful for all the things my friends have done for me and I would not be here to say that otherwise, so this bitter thankless person that I am apparently can voice his opinion that that the more our country does for itself the more we can do globally, it's a chain or web, but it has to start here, otherwise how can we expect to feed the globe if we can't feed ourselves. I am not telling people how to live or what or how they must donate, just saying how I would donate if I could.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard