KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5180 03/18/06 07:02 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
After reading through my thread regarding the membership process in KGB SB, it is obvious that I have not communicated my respect and thoughts behind the changes I have decreed.

First of all let me say, the KGB nation's partisipation in the game of Shadowbane has by far been our most influencial and successful factions in KGB history. This is not due to my personal partisipation in this faction. In fact, the leaders I chose when I was personally leading the faction in the early days failed completely. The collapse of my choices for IC and our relationship with COS became one of our greatest historic failures. I take personal responsibility for this.

In my disgust, I left the faction leadership and witnessed a guild split where many of KGB's veterans left the organization to form their own. This was the last instance of me personally leading a faction, and despite my great successes in UO and other factions, I forced myself to step aside.

Prime Minister Romeo Montague and High Chancellor Binbs filled the void and turned our presence into one of the most successful times in KGB history. I allowed the leaders of the SB factions complete control. This remained true to this day. We all watched many step up to the plate and have great successes and failures.

One of our biggest problems is when leadership of a faction goes inactive. The membership has no way to circumvent this as I generally always support the current faction leadership unconditionally.

In parallel, the KGB WOW faction experienced similiar problems. Leadership had moved on or become un-interested and hung on to responsibility long after their interest had gone.

Many good and dedicated members were left without support. They were left without official rank or authority. This hurt us badly. Despite of all of this, many of you remained dedicated and pushed on, despite the pitfalls.

After watching KGB factions self destruct, I wrote the following article and ammendment to the constitution:
Quote:

Article. VII. [Faction Leadership Code and Procedure]
Updated on December 2nd, 2005

Section. 1.

Clause 1: The High King shall appoint the leader of a newly formed faction

Clause 2: The appointed faction leader will have 7 days to appoint the other key positions in his or her faction. A High Chancellor would need to appoint a Chancellor and a Vice Chancellor, as well as a Commanding General (G5). Failure to complete this duty would result in the required resignation of the High Chancellor and the process would begin again. A Shogun would be required to select a Commanding General (G5) within the same period or submit a mandatory resignation

Clause 3: Every 30 days, the High King, with the support of Federal Officers, would hold a vote of confidence (1st of every month). Members of each faction would be required to vote for or against confidence in the current Faction leadership. Majority rules. If the current High Chancellor is approved by the membership, then they and their cabinet would remain in office, if voted against, the High King would appoint a new High Chancellor.

Clause 4: Any full member of any faction may call for an election at anytime. This is accomplished by making a petition that at least 50% of the active membership of the said faction signs. At that time, the High King would hold an election within 10 days of the submission of such a petition. The election would be held per Article VI, Clause 3 of the KGB Constitution.

Clause 5: Elections will be administered by the Federal Faction under the supervision of the High King, and Prime Ministers. Elections will occur on the 1st of every month.

Clause 6: This amendment would affect all factions formed after December 1st, 2005

How many factions of KGB have been ruined by leadership that didnt know when to leave. I felt that this ammendment addressed this HUGE problem.

In order to vote, and be a part of this process, I wanted members to be veterans of the historical membership process. I understand that it needs updating, and that the existing process promotes confusion. I promise you all I will update the process.

In my attempt to get us to use this new process, it is obvious that I have offended many of KGB's most dedicated veterans, and failed to communicate my intentions and there ultimate goal. In the process I have mistakenly made members feel I am out of touch or do not understand their plight.

Let me try to clear this up right now:

Uber said:
Quote:

Its a huge slap in the face for those of us who have stood by the commandments and are trying to rebuild to have the High King who has logged probably less than 10 minutes of total actual playing time in the past year ( i mean at the keyboard participating etc) to log on for 5 minutes and see one thing and make such a defamatory post. Your evidence is lacking in the extreme and makes those of us that are left after 2 leaders that have abandoned us feel the sting even more. If you wish to thouroughly evaluate the current faction I suggest you log on daily for a few weeks for several hours then make these types of post. Its really discouraging for me to even try to rebuild now. We are part of a nation now that has perhaps the best reputation on the server. Part of the problem is that we are playing a game where there are only a few people our age (35+) most of the current roster and player base is 15-21 and I agree totally with having honor etc.. but these are kids and yes they can be taught etc but it takes time and we are working on it.. for which you give us no credit. In addition, are you sure that what you read was a Hawks nation member or a KGB Verbatim player? I enforce our commandments very severely and would like to know whom you saw breaking these commandments so I may deal with this.

This statement reminds me that what I communicated is SO FAR from what I intended. It was never my intention to slap anyones face, and or disrespect those that have given their all to see the success of our Shadowbane presence. If I have done that, I deeply apologize.

My intention was to enact the guidelines that have shaped KGB factions for almost 9 years. This is to review potential members, and prepare them for National Citizenship and not just SB faction membership. Over 1000 KGBers have gone through this process, and I felt it would be a value add to review potential members and ensure their commitment to KGB's long standing code and reputation.

I never intended to offend anyone, or de-value their contribution to KGB and this family. If I have done this, I deeply apologize.

I owe it to all of you to update the application and the code. I am working on this as we speak.

Your comments are invited and appreciated. Again I apologize for all of you KGBers that go un-recognized and unappreciated for the dailey sacrafices you make in the name of this Nation everyday.

Lets work together to make this acceptable for everyone, and use the historic Constitution to ensure our probelms do not continue to repeat themselves.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
This is by far the best explanation Jet ever give!
I am behind Jet on this one, the key factor is good communication specially when we decided to use Federal system.

I was lost on Jet first post about application and even further lost by Uber reply. I blame no one but me, I don't have the update situation on SB and was left with confussion. Confussion then led to assumption which frequently bring me to even deeper "lost". This just an example of communication that doesn't flow well.

No leader want to condemn their best team member, yet no team member want to condemn their great leader. But even when we speak same language we oftenly interpret it differently.

KGB history of value and believe have been here for a long time. We have to believe it to get the best of it. Rules are made to give us all guidelines for our action as KGB members. If you fail to follow the guidelines then we all would be more than happy to inform you about the misconduct so you can do better next time. If you don't understand then we will gladly give you the explanation. If you think the rules are somehow can not be applied then we will gladly listen to your oppinion. But if your action is to disgrace KGB members and/or hurt your fellow commrades in one way or another and you are aware of it I will make it sure that you will pay for your action!

Lets give it up for all the best KGB in the house, from best crafters, Soldiers, Generals, Politicians and Leaders that have made KGB our Great Home

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Band 3
Band 3
Woot!

Former Member
Former Member
Seriously, are people complaining about having an application process? What's up with that? Personally, I'd be offended if we did not have one.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember when i applied it was a honor to get into kgb and very hard at that. I will all ways belive in the application process.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I as well. It was during the launch of Corruption that I met Ryu, Val, and a couple others. They let me hang a few days, then gave me the app process.

I am a firm believer in that process, as I am in the Commandments.

I do not think folks should be offended by this at all. Well said Jet.

Will
aka Shaharazad
Soon to rejoin the KGB SB Faction!

Band 5 *****
Band 5 *****
Quote:

Lets give it up for all the best KGB in the house, from best crafters, Soldiers, Generals, Politicians and Leaders that have made KGB our Great Home

One if the most important things,imo that you forgot.... All of the good friends and people that have come to be close to us like famly. Nomater where we went, we always have eachother.

Ive always had faith in the leaders, even if sometimes it didnt seem so. Once ya go KGB ya never can leave ya just retire lol.. See yall at the next great battle... cant wait.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
hell ive been through it twice, once for shadowbane and once for world of warcraft.... it really is not to much to ask for out of people and you get good quality control from it

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
lol arcain you shouldn't of had to fill out applications for SB and WOW someone screwed you on that one.

good post jet and I look forward to a more updated application process!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Need to require RL pics for all female applicants imo :P

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard