KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
KGB still has a core group playing EU and NA. There are a few MIA KGBers that are enjoying their anonymity on the NA Open Faction that we have not heard from in a while.

It is still our intention to take whatever players we have, and make a real stab at NA. When Character Transfer is announced, I will declare NA Darkfall server a closed faction, requiring all members playing there to return to KGB proper, or resign from the guild. I will also be forming a leadership team made up of active Darkfall leaders and members alike that are committed to the success over the long term.

Details on character transfer are sketchy. I have read lots of speculation:

Originally Posted By: Cooldarkfall.com
The EU rights and the NA rights to Darkfall never belong to the same company, hence you are not able to freely transfer between the two territories, as is the case with most MMORPGs. Darkfall team provide of character cloning or transfer to American players is because AV would give it a try to adjust them should they want to begin playing on the European server.

With this cloning idea, and the changes to skill gains, I think you will be allowed to bring your naked characters over without skill or stat loss for a fee.

Personally I have been playing again, after taking a break due to RL work nightmares. I plan to try and get my skills higher, and to try and have some fun.

Darkfall remains the only game with large scale siege style combat, full loot, and completely open PVP, plain and simple. Personally, I never plan to get involved in a "WOW" style limited PVP game where Player VS Player combat is an afterthought. I just don't get a thrill knowing that I have nothing to lose and there is no real risk.

Many KGBers have gone off to play other things, and many have returned to games like WOW and or playing AION beta. KGBers are allowed to play whatever they want, and if there is interest, we can even form a faction. For me, those days are over, and as I get older, I am way more picky about what kind of games I want to play. For me it is, "Give me consequences for dying, full loot, or forget it".

Your thoughts, comments, and or any news regarding NA character transfer are encouraged.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
It would help if Darkfall wasn't broken in so many places its not worth my time to type them all out. I would agree thou, that full loot and open PvP are very key to me as well. But Darkfall really failed or fell down on the Sandbox aspect of the game. The whole server transfer seems to be a Adventurine fiasco in the making as well. Hopefully though they won't stick it to what remains of the Darkfall community one more time.

Shadowbane > Darkfail

STILL!!

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
still super excited for transfers!!! Playing my toon on NA daily.. and gathering herbs wood and many other things.

I am safely holding the KGB tag on NA and if anyone wanted to tag their alts early to it.. feel free to apply but I will only be accepting those that contact me via Vent for confirmation that you are actually who you say you are lol.

See you in game!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
DFO is still the best thing out there for everything Jet mentions.

Perhaps going into it without a huge set of expectations has given me more satisfaction as to the state of the game, just don't see how it is really "broken".

As a software dev for over 20 years ... my professional opinion is that the code base is stable and the network infrastructure is pretty decent ... patching works, lag is low, no "sb.exe" errors (hahaha), meaning disconnects\app hangs are a non-issue ... the game runs well on a modest gaming system ... these types of issues = a broken game, imo. Playing SB the first 6 months was painful experience .. not so with DFO.

... terrain issues, attribute\skill balancing, skill gain speed & items\economic issues can all be tweeked while the game goes on ... seems AV is moving along with bug fixes, additions & actually taking note of some of the louder suggestions from the user base, all positives in my book.

The grind is ... well ... the grind, way better than WOW, a bit better than SB & way better than 8x8 macroing in UO.

Agreed Shadowbane > Darkfall in many aspects & UO was > SB in some ... but DFO is not too bad, a bit of a mix of both.

I hope we can build up a solid KGB faction on NA ... if enough of us jump in & enjoy it, others may jump in.

I'm all in .. nothing close out there to this free wheelin' PVP play.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Honestly I'm still gonna have to wait til we get a straight answer about character transfers. I just wana play my character without massive lag so I can enjoy something like a seige, rather than being helpless to the slide show.

Last edited by Sir Teabaggains; 09/15/09 09:01 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I about gave DF a few points on first xpac but last patches and next xpac and the way the game is right now is good with me

If anyone can pick out anything bad about PvP in darkfall please do so.... Parry some say is overpowered but anyone who has some nice stats or level skills can tell you the 9 times out of 10 a turtle player is gonna end up dead

Ship combat ... hmm we just had a 5+_ hour ship war it was alright it just lacks the number of ships guilds are willing to bring out + members being on those ships

Skill gain ? pff skill gain is retarded easy now if players can't skill up or kill the mobs that had their hp drastically reduced then what can i say ... right now we can stand toe to toe with most mobs in game not leash lining or bugging out

Sieges the only problem with a siege to most is the 6 hours but tbh sometimes 6 hrs has its ups it brings alot of attempts to have both sides duke it out and to me i love sieges getting into leading them and burning other guilds shit to the ground its one of the main reasons i want to play darkfall and still do after the worst beta i ever had in this game

Full Loot nough said there

Darkfall has Improved way more then players may think if they have questions the players that are here can tell you how its going NOW and where we feel the game is going with these patches and supposed xpacs heh

I can't wait to transfer i'm looking forward to once again bringing the pain

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Band 7
Band 7
I'm actually having a blast on NA....I'm rolling around with Black Shields (a merc guild those of you on NA have probably heard of) and living out of MarShrall.

Haven't had this much fun in a long time. We fight 2:1-4:1 odds on a daily basis ans usually win.

DFO has much less grind now. As for magic, if you are fighting mobs the school gains 6x from what it previously was an 3x if you're hitting people. They are supposed to be releasing another "expansion" for free next month which has alot of additions to melee and archery. So far, the last three or four patches have been an outstanding help to the game.

All in all..loads of fun.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
i will be there, transfers await)

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
DFO continues to lead the way with respect to gameplay overall. Are there issues, sure, depending on what your expectations are or were, but it has improved dramatically and the reality is that today's gameplay is far superior to just a few weeks ago. I see some major change coming that will improve a lot of gameplay.

I will say that anyone who resisted re-roll on NA might have done yourself a dis-service. My NA character surpasses my EU by leaps and bounds, and to be frank, I do not expect that transfers will occur. That is my greatest fear, in terms of functioning on NA. If they do occur, it will be interesting to see how that plays out, and if it occurs on schedule, which would be Oct 7th or so?

As a last note, Black Shields are a bunch of sissies.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
I am hoping that it will go through around the 7th to the 11th... Which would be an awesome Bday Present!!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard