KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,006,568 Trump card
1,337,650 Picture Thread
477,265 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
So, in an economic recession, I find it very telling to see Game Publishing houses raising the price per unit of main stream games. I wouldn't mind paying more for a polished, well written game, that wasn't full of bugs and fully exploitable. Every game has some issues, I realize that. I am talking about the ration of mostly broken games that get pushed out 6 months to a year before hand and then patched and updated on the back end once the unit payout has hit.

I don't think we should be paying significantly more for a game that isn't fully produced to a polished level that would consummate what most reasonable gamers would consider a sound game platform from which to build.

A lot of this is coming from Activision's announcement that they are going to jack up the price on Modern Warfare II from $49.99 to a minimum of $59.99 for no reason other then increase profit margins. The Euro's are really getting screwed over this, they are going to have to pay upwards of $100 a unit with the current conversion and VAT.

Read More: Here

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
The answer is simple, quit buying the new games when they come out. I made the HUGE mistake of getting 2 brand new games. Age of Conan and Darkfall. Need i say more on those 2 subjects?

Play your older games that you know and love so well, and wait for the shiny thing down the street to get a little worn around the edges before shelling out your hard earned money for it. If enough people do this, Game companies will realize people are NOT going to pay for half assed games that should not be out yet.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:
I made the HUGE mistake of getting 2 brand new games. Age of Conan and Darkfall. Need i say more on those 2 subjects?

Nope, I am wondering about my DFO purchase now, 4 years on the closed beta list, I am a little disappointed. frown

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight - Pirate Bootsnack
KGB Knight - Pirate Bootsnack
people will buy cod MW2 no matter how much it is. its going to be game of the year hands down. theres not really much they could do to fuck up modern warfare 2. xbl and psn will probably be down for hours after the release.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
DFO is for a target audience and even then its still not for everyone in that audience and i watched the darkfall devs lie out how they were charging for thier game and how they had rights for NA publishers thats why another client was bought just to be in the end that AV themselfs still host for the NA server.

I love the game now hated it for awhile while the (Grind) would seem but tbh skills and stats start to scale and its all about whos doing what and when to win.

If game pubs wanna start a new trend of rising prices can't really say much about it i don't even find 59.99 high in the US but for euros ya it sucks i remember paying 59.99 for Super tecmo bowl, megaman 2, zelda, and dragon warrior and i loved those lol but for less cash i could get wow and a years script for less same with most MMO's or just some pc games where u gt it for 50-60 bucks and then just have an online site you game off free ALA battlenet for warcraft.

Last edited by Represent; 08/17/09 09:12 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ya, I had to check the Date of this post, Pretty much with that advent of the PS3, games have gone to a standard price of $59.99 on the east coast of the US. Rep your right too, about the price of old Nintendo games. Sony came out with the 49.99 price point for new games, stating the decreased cost of the medium (CD's at the time). Some new games for the Super Nintendo were $75.00. Street Fighter II was one of them.

http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=100042

Things I Should Have Learnt by Now, Volume II:
Only the little people suffer at the hands of Justice; the creatures of power slide from under it with a wink and a grin.
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well if you buy early, you get what you pay for. Darkfall to me is the only game out there that offers large scale warfare and full loot. There is nothing that compares.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Morg
The answer is simple, quit buying the new games when they come out. I made the HUGE mistake of getting 2 brand new games. Age of Conan and Darkfall. Need i say more on those 2 subjects?

I disagree about Age of Conan. No one knew the developers were going to fuck the game up a few months after release. In the beginning there was total potential to go in the right direction and the product that was there was the best melee fighting system I have witnessed to date in an MMO, not to mention the great amount of gore, tits and ass presented.

Quote:
Play your older games that you know and love so well, and wait for the shiny thing down the street to get a little worn around the edges before shelling out your hard earned money for it. If enough people do this, Game companies will realize people are NOT going to pay for half assed games that should not be out yet.

I totally agree on this. It's a Great idea - I've been doing this for years. I just purchased King's Bounty The Legend for $30 (I loved the original from the early 90s), versus the original cost upon release. There's the occasional gem I'll buy immediately just due to the unique quality and niche of the game. Such a game is King Arthur; the War-Role-Playing game coming out soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Well if you buy early, you get what you pay for. Darkfall to me is the only game out there that offers large scale warfare and full loot. There is nothing that compares.

Nothing that compares...yet. Mortal Online is in beta that I've been testing (except for the past couple weeks since I've been moving). The world isn't an ugly blob of brown/purple/orange shit. In fact, it IS the greatest open "sandbox" world I have ever seen in an MMO. It's what I'd hoped to find when I first heard MMOs were in development in the late 90s. The melee combat is more realistic, and people can't sprint 100 miles an hour while fighting - in fact, you sprint at a realistic speed and when your weapon is drawn you move at a believable pace. Due to the nature of the fighting system, it is far more tactical and will work far better in mass combat than the cartoony Darkfall. Oh yah, and while many don't care about this; the game has full gore + total nudity when unclothed. It really focuses on realism. Mortal Online has the greatest potential to be a 3D UO2 to date.

I heard someone a while ago say that they didn't want to go to MO because all the guilds that got their ass handed to them in DF were going there. That doesn't make any sense and I hope they take some lessons in logic. If the migrators from DF end up playing the better game, then they're the winners, enjoying the best there is to offer.

Ultimately though: Time will tell.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I am curious about MO, with all that eye candy, can it perform with more than 5 people on the screen?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard