KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,788 Trump card
1,336,928 Picture Thread
476,968 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#51033 08/07/09 09:03 AM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Finally, someone in the mainstream is doing some journalism instead of sucking the cock's of the oligopoly that has health care as a screw you - pay us, system.

We pay twice as much for basic healthcare in the US then ANY other of the top 20 Industrialized nations. Our prescription cost is almost 5 times as high, and were at the bottom for care delivered per unit spent.

Flame on!!!

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree something needs to be done on healthcare, but to let government control it isn't what we need either. If we would know for sure that they would ONLY compete and not take over healthcare as a whole I would be more receptive to it. But like always, once government gets their feet in the door your not going to get them out. And what makes me even more leary is how bad they wanted to pass this bill before anyone even got a chance to really go over the bill to make sure of what were getting.

The end of life issues is what has my attention at the moment. My parents are getting old, and I don't want nobody from the government coming in and advising them on shit. That's what my job is, they can just stay the hell away. That's going into a direction that we as a free country should be very worried about. If they can come in and start going over options of your health then where is it going to stop them from going even further? Sorry if this is the change we have to have to gain reputation back throughout the world, well then they can just shove it up their ass, I want my freedom. We didn't come this far to start going backwards.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree with Wolfgang. While I don't agree with medical costs, etc, I definitely don't want the government running medical, etc - a gateway for the government to begin running everything else in my life. I believe in small government.

There must be a "best of both worlds" solution out there somewhere.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Tea Party Anyone?

Say, Tuesday at 4pm?

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Morg
Tea Party Anyone?

Say, Tuesday at 4pm?

I say tea party in the AM and JAGER Party in the PM =)

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I am also a little concerned with developing new treatments/drugs most of which our current health system does which will be limited I believe under a government health plan that can dictate pricing.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I was referring to the Boston Tea party :P

Isn't it funny that part of the reason this country was founded was people were paying too much money in taxes to their governments?

I have a friend who lives in Fl and makes a 6 figure income, after all the new tax laws go into effect he will be paying 68% of his income in taxes. That my friends and neighbors is TOO FUCKING MUCH!! Something must be done soon or this nation will be a nation of beggars within 10 years.

Violence is not the answer, logical, clear, concise thinking and planning is!

I just don't know where to start at frown

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I have to disagree with you Tasorin. You state that the CNN newscaster lays down the smack, but what he actually does is cleverly avoid the facts laid out by the interviewee.

The guy being interviewed, who I've never heard of, clearly states that the fines they paid were due to mistakes in medicare filings and that the government, thanks to Bill Clinton, considers "ANY MISTAKE IN FILING" to be fruad. With 135,000 pages of medicare rules how easy do you suppose it is to make a mistake when filing a claim?

I'm not taking this guy's side, he may be a sleazeball, but to the point that the CNN guy cleaned his clock, I think that's a wildly inaccurate claim.

As for the healthcare debate in general, we pay more. We pay more for everything. We also have access to everything. How many wealthy people fly to Canada or GB to get that treatment that they just can't get or are on a waiting list for here? NONE.

Hell, Ted Kennedy left MA for FL so fast that it took a couple of days for the media to figure out where he'd gone. Why you ask? Because under MA's socialized healthcare he couldn't pay enough, even though he's like a king there, to get the treatment he needed for his cancer. If he'd not been able to fly to Florida he'd be DEAD.

Now, I'd be the first to argue that we'd be better off without TK, but this just makes my point. We have the best doctors, the best drugs, and the best treatment facilities in this country. I believe that the biggest reason we pay more is because doctors must have malpractice insurance and the premiums are rediculous because of the payouts the insurance companies are forced to make. If we institute some very simple tort reform, loser pays (costs split 30/70 plaintiff/lawyer), then we will see a dramatic decrease in the number of frivolous claims and a sharp reduction in our costs as a result.

You won't see that though because that kind of change would spill over into other aspects of our judicial system and as long as the laws are made by the lawyers, that just won't happen.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Outstanding, well-thought out post... Qaxotic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I don't understand why people can't understand what this is, never has Obama said, this will be a "government controled system' My uncle needs some tests done, but he doesn't have the money to pay for it. we need this.

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 08/23/09 02:02 PM.

Former KGB Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard