KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lock Offline OP
KGB Champion - Scrawl Grank
OP Offline
KGB Champion - Scrawl Grank

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
lol

Yea its rare to get excused from it. and sucks when your family is counting on your paycheck each week. I know where we live the give you a whole $10.00 for an entire day and its in CHECK FORM!!!!! all the parking around our courthouse is either a meter or parking garage. Only a handful of free parking spots. The parking garage here costs $8.00 for a day. So if you have to park there which is much safer for your car, you make a whole $2.00 for the day. Yea not cool when your family needs you to make your whole 8 hour shift at what ever your wage is for the day.

I can see being pissy about it.

I tried to get out of jury duty the last time due to my son being special needs and having issues finding child care for him. That didnt work either. Basically i think you have to be dying in a hospital for you to get an excuse.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The one time I needed to get out of it I was able to just by saying that I had to work. Every other time I have served. However, I think that part of the reason that our justice system sucks is because intelligent people like us find ways to get out of serving on a jury. Would you have awarded millions to an idiot who spilled coffee on herself?

I consider it part of my responsibility as a citizen who doesn't want to stand by and watch the decline of my county, to serve on juries when called.

Should they compensate us for the days off work? Meh, I can debate both sides of that arguement, but the logical side of me says that this service is part of living in a free society, and really, how often are you called to serve?

edit: If you really want to get out of it and can't, just show up and do something just shy of contempt of court and you'll not get selected anyway smile

Last edited by Kaotic; 05/14/09 06:41 AM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Band 7
Band 7
I always show up and tell them that I think that person used to date my sister. Call him a few names and I'm OMW home.

Former KGB Member
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
I got out of jury duty once.. They were interviewing us for jury selection. it was for a car accident to cover chiropractic costs for recovery.

I had had chiropractic care for a car accident previously and it would have made me biased.

2nd time.. It was a black man that beat the crap out of his lover. If i would have been called.. I probly would have lied and said i was racist. Which is sooo far from the truth lol.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard