KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,008,018 Trump card
1,337,852 Picture Thread
477,360 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I agree there has been a huge focus on what we don't have and less so on what we do. I would also comment, that I personally have thought this way as well unfortunately. However I believe in trying to build a strong backbone of support and laying the foundations for stratigic empowerment through superior organization. That means looking at where we have been weak in the past and trying to improve or point out the need to improve in those areas given what we have currently. Looking at what we don't have helps us know what to do with what we do have. I whole heartedly agree with Owain, and will be doing my personal best to make sure I am able to participate.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
What is success.

Success is being a factor. Either as a large military force or a small guerrilla band, you can be a factor. I am very confident that we will be a "factor" either way.

Perhaps start as a smaller force and grow into a larger factor.

To me success means we work well together, and have fun playing. I dont think that is to much to ask, nor that hard to achieve.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Band 7
Band 7
For me personally it's about satisfying our inner gamer (whatever it may take) and stay with the gmae. I can't deal with another 2 month wash out.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

I don't know how Derid plans to run the show there, but maybe the best thing would be to have everyone compete for a limited number of slots in KGB Darkfall, and if you don't have a fire in the belly, you don't wear a KGB tag.

Now that is a level of hard core we have not seen before, but I think that in many ways, we have gotten fat and lazy, and maybe that is what is needed to motivate people. The people who want it will work for it. If you won't work for it, stay home. We'll do it with just 12.

I agreed with everything you said until this. If KGB has no room for casual gamers I will leave. But I was under the impression that no matter what the game, I was now a welcome part of KGB. I am pumped for this game but I can never devote the time to it like I once gave UO. I have a family and they will always come first. I put this on my KGB application to be honest with you so that you know where I was coming from. If I have to compete for a slot then I tell you right now, fire in the belly or not I will lose and that sucks because I finally feel like I am a part of something great.

The fact of the matter is the game is not out yet, the beta has not started yet, so until it does and until we see the turnout and what kind of "fire" people will have, I think this is a little premature.

I for one am pumped that I finally have a guild that is well established, has a great history together and cares enough to write these kinds of posts and me honest with eachother. I love that about this group. But if I have to give up family time, or my RL responsibilities to be a part of something. I will have to ask to be removed because this is not what I thought it was.

On a side note - the great thing about no levels is no matter what our skill level is at we can always hunt together and work together. No waiting for someone your level to join because everyone else around you is 20 levels higher. This in itself screams what KGB is all about and what we can be, together. Maybe we have 12 players that are above the rest but I hope to have those 12 leading me into battle rather than seeing those 12 be singled out into their own group.

Last edited by McSquiggy; 11/07/08 07:36 AM.
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Squiggles,he's not talking about Casual games. Its making the most of your time while you are in KGB. I would hate to see it where people have to compete in order to remain on the roster.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm with KGB on this one. My hope is that KGB takes what we've learned from the past and move forward, rather than commiserating with the current game we're in, and getting all nostalgic about UO and other past games...

Here's to hoping that loyalty is strong enough toward the KGB ideal that people will follow whoever is in charge without issue, and choose to discuss orders in private, mono y mono, during the aftermath; thus maintaining a more professional organization.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
DARKFALL, KGB AND THE FUTURE

Hello friends, enemies and acquaintances,

I have followed the recent announcements and innuendo with some amusement and some sadness. I was unaware that there had been a great schism within KGB in AOC. How many of those have occurred over the years? It is sad to contemplate. For those of you who do not know me, I was once a member of the finest guild in all of UO, KGB. In the heady days of Pacific, membership was about doing the right thing, defending the weak and cracking the skulls of some of the most notorious guilds that Pacific and then Siege had to offer. We did it with style and grace. We were a huge family then, and as with all families, we had a uniqueness which other guilds envied. We also had the typical infighting and problems that all families had. Even with those, and I was surely a part of a few, we prevailed in a game world in which we seemed to be the most hated “good” guys out there. Our leadership was strong and the personalities continue to herald their merit even today; Nathan Rahl, Hard Cash, Toxiclore, Kia, Wildcard, Azryk Azur, and many others who have gone on to greater things or have left this world for the next in r/l.

Regardless, through good times and bad, we prevailed, we saw members rise above themselves, putting aside their own needs in games for the good of KGB. I still recall the first house, just outside Trinsic, that everyone worked so hard to obtain. And then the second, and the great war with the Imperium that followed. In time, we were still there and the Imperium was gone.

The greatness of KGB existed in UO because of who we were and what we did. We were not fractured across multiple game worlds, but mostly focused on UO. We did have a few members go off to EQ and then come back, but mostly, we stayed focused on the world that meant the most, allowed us to be the most and in which we thrived. A world like that was not seen again until Shadowbane. Alas, SB brought with it so much promise and also so much pain. In fighting and personality conflict led to my resignation, much to the delight of some. But KGB thrived there still, becoming one of the key names in the game and for a time, ruling without peer. Why? Because the membership stayed focused yet again on each other, and the world you chose to dwell in. Of course, SB had its flaws, as all games do, but it came closer than many. DAOC provided some amusing relief and we had fun there, but it also saw the loss of a core group from KGB, again, over the personal desires of some who could not see past their own selfish needs rather than support the guild and the success of the group who would leave. Then there was SWG and WOW and finally AOC and WARHAMMER. None of those four provides or provided the game environment that KGB thrives in, in which real consequence exists and there is a need for a good aligned, solid force that thrive on both the mechanics of the game and the protection of the innocents.

Darkfall appears to have the qualities that many KGB and I myself have searched vainly for these past years. It contains elements which were the best of both UO and SB and it will provide KGB with the driving world needed for the continued enjoyment of the members and the expansion of one of the longest standing, renowned guilds in on-line games of this type. But only if you remember who you are and where you come from. It will only work if the vast majority of your membership dives in with the full gusto that you gave UO and SB and DAOC. Darkfall promises to be different from the grind that has become the norm and promises to enrich you if you give back to it wholeheartedly. What does that mean? It means you bypass the need to be an individual who is renowned and feared and you work to make KGB renown and feared first, then yourself. Individual accomplishments will only be effective and worthwhile if you do them to bring glory to KGB and your guild mates. Those members who are not interested in Darkfall, as THE focus of your guild, should be minimal at best, in other words, a very small percentage of your membership. If I was king for a day, it would be simple, but that is not Jets way. He wants you to be happy and to enjoy your game time as a member in whatever game you choose. But the membership should also recognize that Darkfall is the game of focus and limited membership, support and other resources will be given to other realms you find yourselves in. This was the old way and it worked well before the faction stuff went in.

KGB’s strength has always been in its ability to draw together, to find the most effective way to meet the game world’s demands head on and to over come the enemy with skill and determination. A battle may be lost here and there, but the war never is. Look back into the history of the guild. You will see that I speak from both experience and knowledge. KGB has never lost the WAR. (We did come close in SB, thank God Jet can talk smack with the best of them..LOL)

I guess my message, long winded as usual, is this. KGB can once again rise to the greatest it has ever been, if in deed DF is the game we have waited for. I am thinking it is, from all of the information I can find on it. I hope that you who are members also will come to this realization. KGB will only succeed if the vast majority of you (note that I would love to be able to say ALL OF YOU) enter the game world and work together as the true embodiment of all you have ever wanted to be. Anything less will see you fail, and in that end, a dynasty of on line gaming will go with it.

My 37 cents.

Special shout out to my friends Owain and Kalypso, whom I look forward to seeing in DF, whether across the field or beside me on the line.

Vuldan

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard