KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,015,360 Trump card
1,338,556 Picture Thread
477,610 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one hell of a ride it will be.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Quote:

Well spoken Dunlope, however if there is anyone who knows EXACTLY what Jet is up to it's Elph,

and then.....

Quote:

Damn Jet, I have more things to say in response to your post but I think that I will contact you on a more personal level

BEWM!

Exactly! I see I was wrong, however in my defense that was a assumption I always make when it concerns Elphs knowledge since she is usually in the know, but personally I did have a suspicion that Jet was serious, I just didn't want to say anything and thought erring on the wrong side was better then admitting the cold hard facts. Denial can be a useful tool, especially when cushioning the truth to yourself and those you are addressing.

I peronally cannot envision a KGB without Jet however and that is what perplexes me at the moment. Why not just step down and play, while staying in the guild, why leave entirely? Let us hope it never comes down to this.

Mcsquiggy; You'll do fine in pvp as long as you take orders well and stay on Donk, Syev, and Lootz ass, they are the best KGB has to offer along with a few others

Last edited by Drakiis; 11/06/08 01:31 AM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Quote:

I peronally cannot envision a KGB without Jet however and that is what perplexes me at the moment. Why not just step down and play, while staying in the guild, why leave entirely? Let us hope it never comes down to this.

I still don't believe that Jet is serious, we've had the talks before. Drakiis statement is exactly what I am thinking. If Jet stepped down as High King, imo then KGB is over and there is no need to be part of it anymore.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
it's over if you as a individual say it is over. As a guild KGB has someone to take the spot Romeo could be hk I mean he has been here the longest and is the crown princess I mean prince. Jet already said he would be around to help but not having the responability as the high king. We aren't there yet but I personally believe in dark fall depending on the game we will dominate the field. It just depends on how as a whole we preform. As for pvp just remember it is a skill based game not level like we are a custom too so your uo players will most likely have the pvp down and skill gain. Then shadowbane players will have the town mechanics. So KGB has a huge base of players for both sides of the field it's putting it all together that is the hard part. I think of KGB in aoc as Dallas cowboys we have all this talent and couldn't get it together.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Band 7
Band 7
Just for clarification: If jet leaves. KGB as I know it ends and I will not be sticking around. However, let it be known also that I will be doing everything within my power to make DFO a success. I simply cannot sugar coat all of this and say that if Jet leaves the guild will move on, blah blah blah. No matter what you say, it will not. It make move on as a formality, but it will not be the KGB that we know.

Also, If jet were to "step down" and not run the guild but still stay active you and I both know that the guild would still view him as a leader and that would not work. No, the only way for Jet to escape the DRAMA if he were to step down would be to step away altogether.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
so if jet called it quits right now would all of you saying KGB wouldn't still be here. It sounds to me like the guild is giving up if jet goes. When a big company CEO/president retires does that company go under no it appoints a successor to that position might not do it the same or even as good but it doesn't stop. Plus I don't even agree with jet posting that post because all it did was bring down moral. Now we have a problem because I think 90 percent of the guild is going too try and over compensate for that post. My opinion if your trying to raise moral of a guild keep thinking positive.

Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Founder Of Chop Choppers
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well I owe it to all of you to be honest, and let you know that for me, there is not going to be another chance.

I hope that it serves as motivation for all of us to finally get it right with teamwork and all the things we need to be successful.

I don't see this as a gloomy end, I am actually VERY excited and faithful that we can do this as a team. I really believe if we all decide to make this happen, that it will.

Lets get the spotlight off of me and focus on the upcoming game. Join the conversation in the DF forums, and offer High Chancellor Derid your support.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
it is really hard typing on this iPhone it is very challenging not to hit tv wrong keys but I'm getting better at it.

Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Founder Of Chop Choppers
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I would have to agree with Jet I don't think it brings morale down I think it should motivate people to work harder to make sure it never happens in the first place. However if in the case it should, this thread should also serve to excite people for what the future holds, and how the next person will carry the torch, with new and innovative ideas or new forms of leadership.

If all you focus on is the negative then that's all you'll ever see, and most likely what you'll get. Eras come and go, The Jet Dynasty will always be a part of KGB.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'm not prepared to start turning out the lights and shuttering up the windows, but while there is much to what Jet says, there are also varying degrees of success. I think too many of us think that if we don't instantaneously have force levels equal to or exceeding our high water marks in UO or ShadowBane, we have somehow failed. That kind of mentality sets us up in advance for failure. I'm getting ready to harsh the mellow right out of some people in here, so if you have a thin skin, you may want to move along. This may not be the post for you.

Still here?

OK...

There is a thread in the Darkfall forum here , To Big or not to Big, That is the question that talks about where our expectations should be for Darkfall.

In that thread, I have one main point: Before we can get big, we first need to demonstrate that we are good.

I don't care if we have huge numbers in Darkfall as long as those we have are committed.

Right now, here is a list of 12 KGB members who have been designated as primary participants for the Beta, along with a list of 36 alternates. I don't know if those lists still mean anything or not, and to be frank, I feel privileged to be in the company of those named. But if the only members who become active Darkfall are those others who appear in the primary list, should I feel embarrassed to stand amongst them in game, just we twelve?

Hell NO! Acting together, as one, twelve alone would be a force to be reckoned with that I will feel privileged fight with.

If you want a fight, I think you will find one in Darkfall. If you don't want a fight, craft. If you want neither to fight nor to craft, I don't know why you are here.

However many we have, 12 or 100, old or new, I hope everyone will come give their all. If you just plan to take a look, or poke it with a stick to see if it moves, continue playing XBox, Wii, free UO shards, or whatever it is you do to pass the time, but don't come to Darkfall. I don't know how Derid plans to run the show there, but maybe the best thing would be to have everyone compete for a limited number of slots in KGB Darkfall, and if you don't have a fire in the belly, you don't wear a KGB tag.

Now that is a level of hard core we have not seen before, but I think that in many ways, we have gotten fat and lazy, and maybe that is what is needed to motivate people. The people who want it will work for it. If you won't work for it, stay home. We'll do it with just 12.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard