KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Quote:

KGB used to have a High Council that sat each week to bicker at each other and vote on membership...

haha very accurate summation

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
I take Jet's final attempt to just basically mean, that its going to be his final effort to unite everyone in Darkfall. If that doesn't happen then I am sure that KGB will continue in how it has been. The implementation of the faction system has been a good and bad thing, it gives us the opportunity to do stuff in games that we enjoy as a family, but it also doesn't directly stick us to playing only one game.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Band 7
Band 7
I disagree with Elph.

In my opinion, this is a large gathering of frustration on all National leadership's part. If I had to guess, I'd be willing to bet that if this "final attempt" doesn't turn out to be fruitful, there will be much less effort put in by Jet and the others in any future games (should the guild stay open).

The point here, is that KGB can, should, and MUST, put EVERY effort into DFO for the guild's survival. The guild "staying open" is not an option. It must THRIVE. It CAN thrive. We are the ones who can make it so.

On a separate note, I personally believe that the guild must go back to it's roots to make this happen. I don't wish to offend anyone in this, but sacrifices for individuals' preferences that conflict with the goals of the guild are not an option IMO.

Sure, you should be in a guild because it's aligned with what you want in a gaming community, BUT the guild should not bend over backwards to accommodate every individual. You should be in a guild because you agree with it's goals and how it's run, not the other way around.

Just my .02

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well spoken Dunlope, however if there is anyone who knows EXACTLY what Jet is up to it's Elph, so if she says Jet won't be giving up anytime soon then it stands to reason that is how it will be. But there is no doubt as to his frustration, as well as everyone elses concerning KGB's need to succeed.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
I didn't elaborate enough on my last comment. I agree with you though Dunlop, all of your post was exactly my point. If Darkfall fails that doesn't mean its KGB's reason to close our doors and tell everyone who's been around the 11 yrs or less that we've been a guild to just see ya later. If Darkfall fails, its not going to be because of KGB it will be because of the Developer's just as AOC died for KGB because of the lack of effort on Funcoms part. Warhammer while its an official KGB faction, was never meant to be a great huge faction, because there wasn't any overall interest in KGB to play that game. Many who are playing are just doing it to pass time, and that is ok with me.

I think that after the AOC fiasco, both on funcom's part and all of the drama that had erupted out of that faction, took a huge toll on the federal leadership as a whole. There was many late night phone calls, stress dealing, pm'ing back and forth etc. It drained us all and makes you put a pair of shades on in future factions for fear of what has been. If Darkfall promises all that they have promised to the people, there is no reason that KGB will not thrive in Darkfall. KGB thrives in every game that they play, but in order to restore us to our old glory days we just have to get into the right game. I am sure that Derid is going to do an amazing job with Darkfall. He's been around a long time, he's fair and just and doesn't put up with bullshit no matter who you are. I do wholeheartedly agree that we need to focus on KGB as a whole and not the individual ideals of certain members and dance around and cater to them because of who they were once upon a time. We've learned that lesson in AOC and I do not foresee anything like that happening again.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hey all,

I am just getting settled. I have started to make some moves with Derid. I plan to put more and more focus on this. Derid is making moves also as we discuss the structure.

I owe it to you all to make this perfectly clear. After how things went down in AOC, I have decided to offer HC Derid all I have to give in support of DF. I was left with a horrible taste in my mouth after what happened there. Not so much with the game mechanics, but with how KGB functioned internally. I intend to implement changes to ensure that never happens again. My toleration for internal damage, dishonesty, and self service before guild service is now and will forever be zero.
It is not enough for KGB to just exist, or to be an online hang out. I want KGB to succeed and to reach what I have always considered to be our potential. I am going to do whatever I can to make that happen.
If we are unable to see this potential, I have decided I will step down as High King, and leave the guild, online gaming, and MMO's behind. I will help facilitate its continued existence by keeping these forums, servers, and domain up, but I will remove myself from involvement.
I have been trying to get this right for over 12 years, and I am giving myself one last chance to make that happen.
To those of you that are on the fringes, watching to see what happens, I would encourage you to get involved. If anything it is going to be a wild ride.

I hope you all understand my intentions, and I hope you will all give this thing one final push for success.

Serving KGB,

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Okay, I have been wondering what is all the hype for this darkfall game. What could possibley be so great about yet another effing MMORPG. I see all these posts and ignore them because I am in my own little WAR world and then today I see a post that references the days of UO and how much this game is like it. So I have been doing some reading and I have been doing some research and I have to apologize for my lack of interest because THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SINCE MY UO DAYS!!!!!!!

The loot system, the crafting, the PK, wow. Let this be my official announcment that if I can work my RL around this I am so 100% on board I can hardly stand it! I never had the pleasure of joining you guys in UO as I was in a small guild on Catskills. I will need a lot of coaching because I have never been good at PVP but man am I fired up!!!!!

I am in, and I am signing up for the beta as soon as I get home today. I will spare you my millions of questions until I get home and can really do my research. I can not wait!

"For those about to die, we you"

Band 7
Band 7
wikipedia has more information about it that the official site, FYI.

Former KGB Member
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Damn Jet, I have more things to say in response to your post but I think that I will contact you on a more personal level

Band 7
Band 7
Quote:

Well spoken Dunlope, however if there is anyone who knows EXACTLY what Jet is up to it's Elph,

and then.....

Quote:

Damn Jet, I have more things to say in response to your post but I think that I will contact you on a more personal level

BEWM!

Former KGB Member
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard