KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#33593 10/26/08 05:27 PM
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Will discuss plenty in 3-4 years when there is something to discuss ^_^

MMOs shouldnt be announced until less than 6 months prior to launch IMO.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Looks like we all should start setting the example judging by what Derid just stated. We've been talking about DFO on and off for over 5 years now...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
OP Offline
Oh I'm not saying we start guild forums and set up leadership and whatever. All they have up are like four screenshots, some dev art, and forums. They don't have any word on closed beta or a release date or any of that.

Regardless, it's pretty big news. I've been waiting for news on whether the Bioware/LucasArts project was KotoR 3 or an MMO for about a year now (http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/) and other than DF, that'll definitely be the next MMO I'll seriously be waiting for. It'd be nice if they do something good with for example the Fallout MMO, or Star Trek, or Stargate, or I believe they're making a firefly one. But really, the next two games I'm really looking forward to past Darkfall will be Starcraft 2, and SW:TOR.

I mean, there's still an infinite amount of room for them to mess the game up horribly. I guess that's the thing about such a large IP. There's so much potential, and maybe you just daydream about your perfect game involving that IP, so it's bound to disappoint... sort of like a movie based on a book. For example SWG had fantastic things about it, but it also had many flaws.

I'd like to believe though that Bioware could pull it off. I've only played the 2 KotoR games and Mass Effect from them, but I've loved all 3 RPGs. They say they want to try a different approach at making RPGs where they focus it more on stories. You have a party of NPCs with you, etc. It sounds promising... but I guess let's see what they actually do with it.

Who knows though. EA now owns Bioware, so they have their grubby little hands involved. They might decide it's not going to be profitable and pull the plug a year down the line :P

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah I think the concept is great... but its just a ways off...

And TBH I was that way with DFO... I still remember telling ppl to ignore it, it was to far off... got involved when they first announced beta 3 years ago... ofc... well we all know what happened with that.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I know it is not technically an MMO but I am personally pumped and ready for Diablo 3 to come out!!!!

Vyse #33599 10/28/08 01:12 PM
OP Offline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewIyKDQ5auY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLNk9yl8vSM

2 parts of a conference they had when they announced the game. Volume is ridiculously though, you need to blast your speakers to hear it.

BoS Archon
OP Offline

BoS Archon
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Never get excited nor judge a game until six months post
release. Only then will you truly know how well it will
work.

Daye #33602 10/30/08 08:08 PM
OP Offline
As far as it working well... I really don't doubt that. It's going to be a really high-budget game, and surely they'll get a team large enough to fix all their large bugs.

What I'm getting worried about, reading up on it, is the direction they're taking the game in. They pretty much want to beat WoW in terms of subscriber numbers, which probably means a dumbed down carebear fest full of ridiculous importance on gear attained from raiding, etc.

I guess we'll see. I'd still definitely give the game a shot, but from the little information out at the moment, I doubt it'll really be KGBs cup of tea.

BoS Archon

Link Copied to Clipboard