KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

You hung out with Yoda and Fran? Who was your alt, I always thought you kept blue/light red on Ranker, I dont recall you hanging out with Yoda or Fran or a ghost/marcus or those guys.

Xan I barely remember, but I know he had an alt that I'd remember better if I heard it. IIRC he joined DIA stone in first PGC wars as well. Fran actually joined KGB not long after I did, though ended up leaving KGB at some point while I was away.

R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

You hung out with Yoda and Fran? Who was your alt, I always thought you kept blue/light red on Ranker, I dont recall you hanging out with Yoda or Fran or a ghost/marcus or those guys.

Xan I barely remember, but I know he had an alt that I'd remember better if I heard it. IIRC he joined DIA stone in first PGC wars as well. Fran actually joined KGB not long after I did, though ended up leaving KGB at some point while I was away.

The PK era started out with me, Duorden, and scottie. We were the first PK'ers to terrorize the dungeons, x-roads, trinsic entrance, and moon gates during the Beta days. In launch we ended up going our separate ways to carve out territory for our own crew.

After Scottie and Duorden took a break from the game, LoE and LoD came into power. Xan, Francine, me and a few others ended up banding together to form LoE. We mainly PK'ed in the xroads and dungeons while LoD took claim of Trinsic. Xan was actually the voted leader of LoE. Francine always had the biggest crush on him lol.

Yoda came much much later. He wasn't an OG PK but he rolled with our crew from time to time. Basically, most PK's kept few loyalties. Our egos were too big to really allow ourselves to stick with one another for too long.

"Mysterio" was my first char and my main PK. Afraid of not having a viable character for the newly instated guild war system due to potential stat loss for being red, I rolled Ranker and quickly macro'ed him to 7x GM within a month purely for guild wars. I still kept Mysterio around to PK with whenever someone had to die during the guild war era when their stone wouldn't reciprocate with our declaration. Mysterio jr. was my dex monkey.

Last edited by Ranker; 12/15/08 05:08 PM.
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Ok I actually remember Mysterio a little bit, dont think I ever knew he was your character. Will have to ponder a little more.

It hit me that Xan was FL, and I now remember he went blue early like a lot of FL, with Xan, but rolled an alt I think to PK with after he took his old PK blue... iirc

Damn what a trip I hadnt thought of Yoda or Xan in years. Anyhow I actually remember Mysterio so you have a little more credit than just as Ranker, all I remembered of Ranker was an image of GY guard hugging =p

I think I might have actually talked with you as Mysterio some, though I cant be certain of that and dont even remember if I liked you or not. It will come to me sooner or later.

R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Ok I actually remember Mysterio a little bit, dont think I ever knew he was your character. Will have to ponder a little more.

It hit me that Xan was FL, and I now remember he went blue early like a lot of FL, with Xan, but rolled an alt I think to PK with after he took his old PK blue... iirc

Damn what a trip I hadnt thought of Yoda or Xan in years. Anyhow I actually remember Mysterio so you have a little more credit than just as Ranker, all I remembered of Ranker was an image of GY guard hugging =p

I think I might have actually talked with you as Mysterio some, though I cant be certain of that and dont even remember if I liked you or not. It will come to me sooner or later.

A lot of PK's ended up making their mains their blues and rerolling a new char to PK with. They wanted to keep their names and reputation. I wanted the anonymity of having a blue that wasn't tied to my PK'ing past for political precautions.

It's much easier to kill the PK's that annoyed you with your blue when they could play their "hey we PK'ed together once" card

I'm pretty sure we talked to another at one point or another. You're one of the few familiar names on this thread. Although like yourself, I can't pinpoint our relations, it didn't sound right to me when I saw your KGB tag. I always remembered you as being on the red side. Anyhow, someone fill me in on what's happened with KGB since then.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

LOL. Well, we in Mafia always said that Jetstar's propaganda could have changed the course of real history if he was ever employed in such fashion. But in any case, don't assume that most of Mafia doesn't think fondly of KGB in the rivalry sense. UO during that time period and our wars together are probably my fondest memories of gaming. To this day, all of us in TM are still looking for that very same first "high" of UO. Every game since has been a disappointment in some form or another. I really hope DFO pans out for us all.

Wow Ranker, Thanks for the compliment and I hope to get a chance to exercise my skills again in DFO! You summarized everything perfectly in your response.

I just pray this gives us a chance to relive those old times. I mean it was a true virtual world, and not just a game. That's what I miss and long for.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Quote:

LOL. Well, we in Mafia always said that Jetstar's propaganda could have changed the course of real history if he was ever employed in such fashion. But in any case, don't assume that most of Mafia doesn't think fondly of KGB in the rivalry sense. UO during that time period and our wars together are probably my fondest memories of gaming. To this day, all of us in TM are still looking for that very same first "high" of UO. Every game since has been a disappointment in some form or another. I really hope DFO pans out for us all.

Wow Ranker, Thanks for the compliment and I hope to get a chance to exercise my skills again in DFO! You summarized everything perfectly in your response.

I just pray this gives us a chance to relive those old times. I mean it was a true virtual world, and not just a game. That's what I miss and long for.

It's the reason we miss it so much. There's no doubt your reporting had a bias slant to it. It's to be expected. Anyone else who failed to see that is missing the obvious. Part of winning a war is convincing your enemy they lost while raising morale of your own troops. You excelled at that art and probably did better than any other guildleader/news reporter than anyone I've faced ever since. It's one of the reasons why the conflict was so memorable.

Most of Mafia is now doctors, lawyers, cooks, engineers, and businessmen. However, on the rare occasion that our busy lives afford us, we get together to have a beer and regale about our youth; 99% of the time the conversation leads towards Ultima Online. First we talk about the old PK days. Second we talk about the war with KGB and to some extent PoA.

The very fact that you got us incensed with your reporting is proof alone how fun this game was and how much of an awesome virtual world was created. I think the exact line that one of the guys made was that if you were Germany during WWII, you'd somehow convince the entire nation that the Americans were about to fall while the Soviets were being crushed underneath the treads of the German tanks. A lot of people, including myself, often teased you for your lack of in game skill. However, it didn't dawn upon me until much later in life that your skill in game (or lack of) was irrelevant when compared to how much damage you could do or skill you had with the pen.

After all, some have sad the Pen is often mightier than the sword. I've never seen anyone demonstratively put that colloquialism into practice as you did.

The way I saw it, TM won most of its engagements on the field, however, KGB won most of the political game. Now that I think about it, it doesn't really matter how much we killed you guys if you could convince people that we didn't

In any case, /tiphat to the Jetstar. I hope you haven't lost any of your touch. I look forward to seeing the might pen in action in DFO!

Last edited by Ranker; 12/15/08 07:45 PM.
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
All spin aside, I think you still are living a bit in the clouds. Lets refine that memory a little. Again, it was much like the US vs the insurgency. Organization vs organization, you didnt have a chance, but in smaller numbers, you did well.

I look forward to reliving this in DF, and cant wait.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
RED=DEAD!

Unless your a KGB paladin. Man do I miss the feeling of war times in UO.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
SPEEDY! Man, I was just talking about you yesterday.

KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
What's up dem?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard