KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm Playing

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
TM (The Mafia) will be playing Darkfall and look forward to slaughtering KGB as we once did and establishing our traditional PK reign of terror over this new world as we did on Pacific Shard.

A big hello from Ranker and The Mafia to all the old school KGB that we fought against in UO on Pacific!

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

TM (The Mafia) will be playing Darkfall and look forward to slaughtering KGB as we once did and establishing our traditional PK reign of terror over this new world as we did on Pacific Shard.

A big hello from Ranker and The Mafia to all the old school KGB that we fought against in UO on Pacific!

LOL...Hola Ranker. It's good to see that you have niether lost your sense of humor nor your ability to alter the facts to fit your needs. Good to see you and I am sure DFO will be the new UO if they get it half right.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Hey Vuldan, can you remind me who undeclared war please?

R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

KGB did to our dismay. PoA had to feel our wrath as a result and undeclared on us 3 months later resulting in no other guilds willing to war us.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

Sure, I'll even be fair about it..TM were great opponents, and when it was clear they could no longer hold the field or even contribute, victory was declared. Questions? See the archives, but please, please do not try and convince anyone that TM won. Some battles, yes, but not the shooting match. DFO will surely provide ample opportunity to revisit this rivalry..what will be the new opportunity? DFO will be unique even more than UO..so I am sure we will see.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Quote:

Sure, I'll even be fair about it..TM were great opponents, and when it was clear they could no longer hold the field or even contribute, victory was declared. Questions? See the archives, but please, please do not try and convince anyone that TM won. Some battles, yes, but not the shooting match. DFO will surely provide ample opportunity to revisit this rivalry..what will be the new opportunity? DFO will be unique even more than UO..so I am sure we will see.

Hold the field? Contribute? We could run PoA by ourselves off the table but failed to succeed against KGB? You must be joking.

The only thing KGB had was numbers. I still remember fondly taking on a large contingent of KGB members by myself and walking away victoriously. We were better prepared and skilled after having PvP'ed together for much longer than most of your members.

If anything, I give KGB credit for numbers they were able to recruit and sustain. You might not have had the best PvP quality, but you used your numbers well. But frankly, the majority of your members weren't even 7x GM when I could say that our members were 6x GM's at the very least.
You did have some skilled PvP'ers with whom I kept in touch with even after the UO years.

KGB did well WHEN they were able to muster their superior numbers. You guys were an army. You realized your strength was in numbers and used it well.

However, when caught in impromptu battles, TM always came out victorious when the numbers were even or even when we were slightly outnumbered. Please see the underlying logic: when you had superior numbers, we avoided confrontation because there was simply no point. If you consider holding certain areas only at certain times of the day victory, then by all means. But whenever there was actual fighting, we slew far more KGB than we lost. I remember talking to Hard Cash about how he had to yell at his own members to never leave town unless in packs of at least 6 to avoid being taken down us.

I don't see how anyone could say "we undeclared therefore we won". I find the logic amusing.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
thread has been derailed~

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well here it is from October 18th 1998:

Quote:

KGB and its allies showed their Military might in the last two days. KGB is now about to take and hold the Britain Cemetery (TM's claimed territory) for as long as it chooses. KGB has been able to push back countless attempts to regain their territory despite their blue healers, Blue thieves, and their constant tactics of leaving their GuildStone, recalling, and running. The stubborn Mafia will never accept defeat. Their members will continue to attempt hopeless attacks half dressed and weaponless. KGB's agent that is currently a member of TM said the following in a recent report, "The status of this war remains fruitless as TM remains a guild of two bit chain snatchers and petty pk thugs. TM are like a bunch of rats, there is no way of really defeating the guild, they just survive on stealing and opportunistic looting. They have poor equipment overall because they're not willing to earn it by honest effort. A guild like this is hard to hurt in any serious way, for there's no center point to kill them, you can't drain them of good weapons and armor for they don't have any. The slimy and scum always find a way to survive; TMs aren't prospering on the Pacific shard, just hustling out a meager existence, bottom fishers (most TMs are Scoundrels) of the first order. TMs often take the bone armor off corpses- that should tell you something ." Knowing this evaluation is accurate, GuildMaster JetStar has decided to claim victory and end the conflict on Monday October 26th, 1998. This will give us an opportunity to further prove our Military superiority and put more stress on TM's war supplies.

At Midnight on Monday October 26th, 1998, KGB will remove our GuildStone from War status against The Mafia Guild. We then plan to move on to our next conquest. We do this based on the following premises:

1) KGB outnumbers TM members at least 5 to 1.

2) KGB can Control TM's claimed territory at will

3) KGB has infiltrated TM and has a active spy on their stone

4) KGB has free access to The Mafia GuildStone

If you call that winning, then I guess you guys won.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Ranker,
As for you guys declaring on every guild on the server, here is one of our GSS Agents who infiltrated your guild (It was easy and we had more than 1). You can see only 2 Guilds were declared on you:

Here is another news story that includes pictures of you Ranker, using exploits.

Quote:

The Mafia resorts to desperate measures
TM proving to all that it has no honor
An Article by JetStar, KGB GuildMaster

The Mafia taking the war outside of Pacific, KGB responds
Mafia Members resorted to spamming the KGB Guestbook. After spending over an hour cleaning up after this menace, GuildMaster JetStar ordered the rules of wartime conduct suspended. All members of KGB are authorized to fight in any fashion they choose as long as it is not considered a bug or exploit (KGB members are strict anti-cheat/bug).

Wartime Newsreel - Pictures from the Battlefield
KGB scored several victories that we feel prompted the dirty work by Mafia members. Here are some picture of recent kills:

TM GuildMaster Ranker casting paralyze with his Bow in hand
Decide for yourself. In this picture you can clearly see Ranker with his bow in his hand. This member of KGB did not have a chance. You can see the effects of the spell to the lower left. This is obviously the use of some sort of exploit. We would appreciate hearing from any of our readers that can tell us how this is done and if this person is indeed using a bug or exploit.

Victory in the The Britain Cemetery
TM's Blue Healers and Tank Thieves got a taste of their own medicine tonight as KGB vanquished anyone that assisted Mafia members. KGB has been frustrated by TM members going on and off of their GuildStone. They do this to offer their members who are on the stone an unfair advantage. The Mafia not on the stone heal the members that are and the KGB cannot attack these persons because they are "Blue". Tonight despite the "Blue" status, KGB members attacked and killed them anyway. TM members also have thieves that are not on the stone that try to steal from KGB members while in battle.

I am not going to take away from your PvP skills, but in general, you guys employed lameness and used exploits. Blue healers, Going on and off the stone for your advantage, and most of all, taking it outside the game and spamming a public guestbook that we put up for everyone.

Again, it is easy to romanticise the past, as you have come here and tried to do, but I was careful enough to document our victories, and your moral failures for just an instance like this. Some of your guys had PVP skills, but you guys and your tactics underline just why KGB was so successful over the last 11 years. Lameness is not something to be proud of.

Again this is all there, with screen shots and all for your to review just check the KGB News Archives link from the Entrance Page.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard