KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band 4
OP Offline
Band 4
Well I have been looking at getting a gaming pad for a while now. I was wondering if anyone has or has used any sort of gampad for MMOs especially. I would like to get some feedback on them before I spend up to $70 on one.

The gamepads I am considering are:

Belkin n52te: $70
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-n52te-Tourn...7950&sr=8-1

Saitek Cyborg: $40
http://reviews.cnet.com/game-controllers/saitek-cyborg-command-unit/4505-3146_7-31818303.html

WolfKing Warrior/Warrior Xxtreme: $35+/-
http://www.wolfkingusa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7

I am leaning toward the n52te as it seems like it would be more comforatble for those long gaming sessions. Not ever having used one tho I don't know that I will want to drop $70 on one my 1st time out.
Also I can not find the warrior in a store to get any kind of feel for it.

Thanks for any input in helping me make a decision. Even if that decision means I dont get one at all.

Band 7
Band 7
I have the nostromo and like it. My biggest problem with the device it not the device itself but that I have to pick my hand up and move it to the keyboard to type everytime. Also, it simply doesn't have enough buttons for me to use the gamepad alone. I have since switched to my G15 and use it along with my mouse only and I've been alot happier with that configuration.

Former KGB Member
Band 4
OP Offline
Band 4
Quote:

I have the nostromo and like it. My biggest problem with the device it not the device itself but that I have to pick my hand up and move it to the keyboard to type everytime. Also, it simply doesn't have enough buttons for me to use the gamepad alone. I have since switched to my G15 and use it along with my mouse only and I've been alot happier with that configuration.

Do youo have the n52te or the old n52?
Reason I ask is that it seems the newer n52te has some software issues for certain games.

Also which G15 do you have? the one with all 15 G keys or the one with only 8?
Don't think I am interested in the newer 8 button version.

I was looking at one of those also, but the gamepad seems more of what I amybe looking for.

G
Band 4
Band 4
G
I've been using the nostromo for longer than I care to remember..Very ergonomic and macroable.I've never heard of any software or noncompatability issues with it..Its comfortable and durable..

Band 4
OP Offline
Band 4
Quote:

I've been using the nostromo for longer than I care to remember..Very ergonomic and macroable.I've never heard of any software or noncompatability issues with it..Its comfortable and durable..

there is a difference between the Nostromo n52 and the Nostromo n52te.

That is why I asked specifically which model you are using.

I believe the n52 came out in 2002 then n52te is a 2007 model.

Belkin made the n52
Belkin partnered with Razer for the n52te model.

KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
What mouse do you use?

I find a mouse with lots of buttons and with a scroll wheel that can be clicked left and right when combined with a few modifier keys on the keyboard can give you easy access to many skills without moveing your hands.

ie you can have mousewheel left = fast heal, mousewheel right = big heal, side mouse button = HoT.

Shift + mousewheel left = fast cast damage spell, shift + mousewheel right = big slow cast damage spell, shift + side mouse button = insta cast dot.

So you can have double figures of hot keyed skills that are accessable without moving your hand from the mouse or your fingers off WASD.

Pushing the scrollwheel in is also a button but I don't find that hugely easy to do so I bind it to something rare but that you would want fast access too.

I use a logitech G5 mouse and a G15 keyboard, mine has 18 G macro keys and 3 buttons that change what these buttons do giving you turns of customisation.

Band 7
Band 7
I have the 8 button version...

basically it has 8 G keys vertically on the left of the keyboard and an M1 M2 and M3 keys above that. Each one is a set of the 8 keys below.....so....M1 selected you have 8 keys, M2 selected 8 different keys and so on. the MR is the "record on the fly button"

My current issues with using my 8 million mouse buttons for hotkeys is that AoC doesn't use them correctly. You cannot set, for instance, the forward and back buttons correctly.

I need to play with it some more, but I think I'm going to macro the buttons to do something else so I can use them with AoC.

Former KGB Member
Band 4
OP Offline
Band 4
Quote:

What mouse do you use?

I find a mouse with lots of buttons and with a scroll wheel that can be clicked left and right when combined with a few modifier keys on the keyboard can give you easy access to many skills without moveing your hands.

ie you can have mousewheel left = fast heal, mousewheel right = big heal, side mouse button = HoT.

Shift + mousewheel left = fast cast damage spell, shift + mousewheel right = big slow cast damage spell, shift + side mouse button = insta cast dot.

So you can have double figures of hot keyed skills that are accessable without moving your hand from the mouse or your fingers off WASD.

Pushing the scrollwheel in is also a button but I don't find that hugely easy to do so I bind it to something rare but that you would want fast access too.

I use a logitech G5 mouse and a G15 keyboard, mine has 18 G macro keys and 3 buttons that change what these buttons do giving you turns of customisation.

Thanks Fleeting you know I have never thought about trying to bind anything to my wheel tilts before tbh. I really did not think a game would ever recognize that input.

I have an 8 button mouse.

I am looking at the gamepad as a nice way to consolidate many of the keys. Some of the gamepads best features I think is that they moveremove some of the unwanted keys to a more friendly position. (example no F'in windows key to get in the way, or an over sized "X" key to easier kit with a pinky finger etc.)

KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
Quote:

Thanks Fleeting you know I have never thought about trying to bind anything to my wheel tilts before tbh. I really did not think a game would ever recognize that input.

The logitech mice come with a programme called set point, you bind your mouse buttons to keys in that then they work in the game. So in set point I set left mouse wheel tilt to button 1, right mouse wheel tilt to 2, side mouse button to 3, middle mouse button to 4.

That will just work in game then without you having to change anything.

I think you have to run setpoint as an administator if you have vista otherwise it won't work. I'm sure there will be similar type programmes whatever brand you have.

With using all the mouse buttons and the shift/alt modifiers I hardly have to use any key hotkeys. I normally bind Q and E to something too meaning I only use Q,E,Shift,Alt,Space, W,A,S,D and my mouse buttons. No hand movement needed at all and only very very minor finger movement.

Thumb moves between space and alt, little finger stays on shift so literally the only movement is Q to A with one finger, W and S with another finger and E to D with the final finger. Perfect for me because of my disability but I think it would work well for anyone who doesn't want to be streching for keys.

Band 4
OP Offline
Band 4
Guess I will need to go find my logictech software lol

Plug and Play = laziness. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard