KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Arcain Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I wish they would they left so much open for that third movie but at the same time they did not it is frustrating cos you have closure and you do not

Missing in Action - October 2021
Yeah, they didn't set it up with a villain like Begins did with the joker card at the end. But there is definite potential for a struggle in the third, not to ruin anything.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
9/10 great movie

And i won't say ledger owns the role of the joker from now on because if your not old enough or just never saw it Jack Nicholson was the man as the Joker (Ledger) Brought a different flavor villan

If you look at both jokers out there totally different chars with the same name but both well played

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Yeah I know, that's why I was saying it could definitely be brought back in a reboot, but I think as far as this series is concerned, it can't happen. This series took a really radical approach to defining the Joker's mannerisms and personality, and it wouldn't make sense if he returns in say a third or fourth installment and all of a sudden behaves completely differently. And sure, another actor can try to play this sort of Joker... but I don't think anyone will be able to replicate that.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I have a feeling, and knowing that there WILL be a sequel to this latest Batman movie, that the next villain may not be the Joker directly. Instead, I can see the Riddler emerging (or the Scarecrow, if he grows a pair), although there was no foreshadowing to this in the latest movie.

That being said, while watching The Dark Knight, I saw glimpses of a few familiar characters within the Joker, played by Heath Ledger. In the facial makeup, I saw a very twisted version of Edward Scissorhands, but also captured a few moments of seemingly "drunken staggering" by the Joker, among other familiar characters. Yes, that's right - if they decide to bring back The Joker, the only actor I know who could play Heath Ledger's Joker convincingly (other than Ledger), and add even more depth, would be none other than Johny Depp, whether you like him or not. So do not despair, there is hope that we will see the greatest nemesis to Batman return, though probably not in the third installment.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Confucius say:

Any movie that make 155 MILLION on opening weekend
is practically guaranteed to see a sequel. . . . .

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Saw it, and thought it was the best movie of the year but I'm shocked and kind of disappointed that the IMDB masses made it the #1 movie of ALL TIME.

Really... it's better than Godfather? Better than Psycho? Beats all the Star Wars... beats Shawshank Redemption... beats Pulp Fiction or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

It was a very solid movie, I enjoyed it but I found myself comparing it to the Burton/Keaton/Nicholson 89' movie in many places and while I thought it was an overall better movie by far, there were times where I wish I could have taken elements from Burton's movie and spliced them into Nolan's...

I guess I just don't understand how a spinoff or a different take on a movie could be #1 of all time and beat out origional movies that were WAY ahead of their time (Casablanca, Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ect.)

That's just me though, and I completely recommend you go out and see it if you haven't already done so.

Yeah that's just ridiculous hype, and the ranking will go down with time. I was never a fan of Casablanca, and I don't really think pulp fiction should be too high up on that list, but I definitely see what you mean with movies like the Godfather, Shawshank, or Cuckoos.

I like the way in which Roger Ebert rates his movies, for him it's perfectly possible for say, a comedy to earn 5/5 stars, because he rates movies base on their genre, so a 5/5 comedy won't necessarily be as impacting an experience as a 5/5 drama, but it will be an extremely enjoyable, well-made, well thought-out movie.

Based on that, I definitely think Dark Knight was a 5/5 movie (Ebert gave it 4) especially if you look at the fact that it isn't just an action film, it's a super-hero movie. But yeah, it won't go down in history as one of the greatest movies of all time, but it will be no doubt be seen as the pinnacle that future super hero movies strive to top.

BoS Archon
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Well, as a Batman fan for at least the last 45+ years, I thought that this movie did the BEST job of doing justice to the dark knight of all the movies to date. I like my Batman, rough, gritty, and best of all, without Robin. Christian Bale has already said that if they try to bring Robin in, he walks.

As far as Morgan Freeman's character goes, it makes FAR more sense for the chief scientist of Wayne Industries to be the genius behind the bat gear. To have the Batmobile to be cobbled together by the Butler with parts from AutoZone? Give me a break!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
going to see it this afternoon !!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard