Tiger is at it again..
Squeezing as many of it's product down a tube of vacillating overhead pin-ups and a quandary of cheesy punch-line deals. It's two most recent disclosures being a set of two BFG GeForce 9800X2.
One signed by Jensen Huang, CEO of Nvidia (which to be honest, I could have easily mistaken his name for a famous movie-star or the lead guitarist to Dragon Force); why you would want his signature on your card? We'll apparently his signature alone gives +30 FPS to all video games, or so the myth goes.

The Catch?

You have to buy one of their products or sign-up for the sweepstakes. I know what your thinking (Sweet, where's the link?) but before you go "zerging" up their sign-up site, I would recommend you don't use your primary email address. Use one that you know will get horded with spam, you know what I'm referring to. That email address you keep in your left cyber-pocket for quick use whenever you want to download something but you know they will send you a bunch of promotional flyswatter few days down the road. Chances are real slim as to actually winning since apparently their are only 10 of them in the world. (Jensen's hand cramps up after 10 signatures a year.) Now all things considered, you have to keep something very important in mind. If you win the card, their is a higher then likely chance that they will backorder your card, they LOVE to back order anything and everything. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they back ordered Jensen Huang from signing your card. In any case it wouldn't hurt to sign-up and see how the dice roll, might have a kick-ass Graphicx Card by the time your PVP-ready in Age of Conan.

SLI 9800X2 Sweepstakes

The other more promising yet clamours showing from Tiger Direct is a budget PC deal, they cut corners and more corners, even where there were no corners. But that doesn't mean it's not a deal. (Just a really round type of deal) It's a $399.99 Barebone's kit, this is after the million and one rebates that you have to send in to get it down to this price. At the store it's $489. It doesn't match up to the kit that Derid showed us a few weeks ago, but it's average price cost from a barebone to a full working PC is about 200 dollars under. Of course, it's missing things like a second PCI-Express slot which is a big turn-off for extreme gamers but should be a decent compromise for the budget PC builder to gain running momentum in AOC.

As usual, it needs:
  • Video Card
  • Operating System
  • CPU Fan
  • CPU Coolant Compund
  • Maybe a little more Ram.

Tiger Direct's Quad Barebone' Deal