KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,019,620 Trump card
1,339,131 Picture Thread
477,934 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Fleeting #2446 12/12/05 03:53 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Hehe :P Actually that can crushing job sounds pretty appealing to me right now.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Garal #2447 12/12/05 04:06 PM
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Ahh fleeting i didn't know that. Mind if i ask howcome? If i am being too nosey you don't have to answer!

how you liking the xbox 360? OR did you sell the box on ebay ? People are paying out the butt for it.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Elph #2448 12/12/05 04:21 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
It sounds like he had preordered one and then bought one from a store when they released and then sold the one that he had preordered on ebay.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Garal #2449 12/12/05 04:30 PM
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
ahh nifty

Garal #2450 12/13/05 12:36 AM
KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
[quote[ It sounds like he had preordered one and then bought one from a store when they released and then sold the one that he had preordered on ebay. [\quote]

yeah Kinda. I preordered from gameplay on the 3rd day of any preorders so was pretty confident of getting one, two weeks before release they told me they weren't getting enough. I was lucky enough to find another retailer that just had stock for the day and preordered with 2 weeks to go.

So I got my xbox 360 on launch day and its fantastic, I'd forgotten about the other order till it arrived on my door, since my friends that wanted one already had one I stuck the extra one on ebay for about $400 US profit.

Elph, no I don't mind you asking at all. I have muscular dystrophy which is a muscle degenarative condition. So I was bascially fine till 8 or so, walked till 18 (though very badly for the last few years) then have been confined to a wheelchair for the last 7.

Yes it has some really nasty problems but overall I still think I'm very lucky. There is many millions of people worse of in the world than me. I have a beutifull wife and get to spend my days doing what I enjoy. While physically I continue to get worse its still never really stoped me doing anything I've wanted too, I've been sky diving, diving in the red sea, been to Vegas, Paris, Newyork, Isreal, Florida, Niagra Falls.

I do have to accept I can't do things without others any more which becomes a big deal when my wife has to go away for 3 weeks to south africa. But you get by.

Sorry for messing up your thread niketon.

Fleeting #2451 12/13/05 12:55 AM
Former Member
Former Member
I always like knowing things about people outside of gaming. Thanks for sharing Fleeting. Now I know why you have the massive amounts of game time. I'm jealous.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

Valentein #2452 12/13/05 05:22 AM
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Wow fleeting, I can imagnie it would be hard to have to adjust to being in a wheelchair. You must have a wonderful wife, we already know you are a fantastic guy!

I would really kill to go to some places that you've been to. IT's graet that you have a good look on life and don't let it hold you back!

Elph #2453 12/13/05 06:10 AM
KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
Going into a wheelchair was easy. from 15-18 walking was really hard and a bit dangerous. I always worried how will I get up from here, will I get knocked over walking accross a busy bar for example. But It was always a challange to myself that I would walk out the school gates at 18 and wasn't willing to fail. So once school was done and I was going to university I was able to go into a wheelchair without any bitterness towards it and it was actually a relief. Most of the big worries I had were gone.

Someone who gets hit by a car and ends up in a wheelchair has it way harder than I did IMO. Suddunly your life is turned upside down. Every challange I have comes slowly and you find a way through it.

Yeah My wife is fantastic. I'm not sure I'd still be around though if it wasn't for meeting her. Facing the fact when I was about 20 that things are getting worse and soon I was going to be total burden on the people I care about was hard. I had to decide if me being around was good for the people around me or not. Things turned out great, I got lucky. No idea how long I'll live, not going to worry about it. Life is there to be enjoyed and to share that enjoyment with those you love and care about. Otherwise whats the point?

Things do get harder as time goes on but we both manage and have a very happy life. There is no point being bitter. It gets you no where. No point being upset about things you can't change.

Yeah I've been very lucky with all the fantastic places I've visited. Unfortunatly as I get worse it is holding me back more but I've done enough in my life to be very happy with it so I won't let it get me down. Andrea is going to Australia in Febuary to visit her sister but I won't be able to go. 12 hour flights are a bitch when you can't go to the toilet on them but they are doable. But the near 24 hours to Australia is just too much. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery and can go first class and pay for a couple of big blokes to come with me to help me.

Maybe we should split these posts from the guildwars thread lol. I don't think a thread has ever gone so off topic before.

Fleeting #2454 12/13/05 06:26 AM
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
I can try to split not sure if it will work lol

Well noone knows for sure how long they will live anyway. So enjoying each day is what is important. Wow 24 hrs to fly to australia crazy!
let me see if i can split the thread.

Elph #2455 12/13/05 07:04 PM
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Damn Fleeting, you're a gangsta.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard