KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Arcain #23952 11/05/07 09:17 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I remember ween whooping his ass on my doomy.

My most memorable moment was when there was like 5 of us in uo guarding the COM base in uo and there was a like 15+ trying to take it over(this is before they fixed it as in both sides of the base could be used). I think it was me ryu bk dolmar dolgar sir blackmoon took them all out to sucessfully defend the base. Was a acomplishment jackal himself couldnt use propaganda to taint that victory.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Missing in Action - October 2021
I have a lot of most memorable moments in my times playing online roleplaying games.

I remember being introduced to UO by a friend. Before this time I never played roleplaying games. I decided to give it a shot and was instantly hooked. Back in those days internet was still expensive in Denmark so everyone played at computercafes. So while waiting to go back to the café with my friends to play Ultima Online I came up with the name Binbs. It prolly took me like an hour to come up with as I decided I wanted it to be linked with my real name somehow.

One of my first moments in UO I met this girl that I went out adventuring with. She thought I wanted to PK her so she was really careful when we were out. Whats funny was, that I was so innocent in my roleplaying that I took off noto query and ended up becoming a Darklord. This resulted in me being notopked over and over.

Noone wanted to be my friend cuz every blue would just kill me. I ended up meeting Francine Boot and Yoda in front of covetous. They were invis but I could see their talking. Back then the text you wrote could be seen by everyone. They luckily didn’t kill me but kinda took me under their wing. One day they took me PKing with them.

I have never felt so bad in an online game in my life. I felt so bad for ganging up on some guy and looting him. The next couple of kills became easier and easier until I stopped feeling bad for anyone I killed.

Another memorable moment was back when KGB were warring the Nightmare Clan. At this point I had been playing for several years and could easily hold my own in duels/pvp. PKing at this point had become really boring to me as killing newbies for loot held no challenge.

One day I’m outside Covetous and see NC fighting KGB. Nathan Rahl was leading the KGBers and I watched as they got slaughtered by the NC. At that moment I knew that I had to fight NC. It has always been in my nature to side with the underdog and I knew that I would only gain most satisfaction by joining KGB and fight the PKers of the Pacific Server.

I then proceeded to ICQ Wildcard and he sent me an application that I had to fill out. I filled out the application and a few days later he took me to the KGB Tower. I was supposed to be put on the stone. He left me for a few moments in the tower. I guess there was some kind of discussion going on between some people elsewhere in the tower, wether I should be allowed in KGB since I was an ex-RPK. All of a sudden Speedy comes into the room that I was in and started ebolting me out of nowhere. Luckily I didn’t die and some others came in and stopped Speedy. I then wasn’t allowed on the stone at that point. A few days later I was allowed on the stone as a Mercenary, which at that point meant that you were on a probationary period and had to prove your worth. Fun times ;-)

Another very memorable moment for me which was really a bittersweet confidence booster was when there was a trend of dueling the “duelroom” in Deciet dungeon. This was a dungeon room with few monsters and was used as an arena for dueling matches. My character Binbs was kinda known on Pacific and there were lots of ppl who would not fight/duel me. Also there was a guild called D&S who I didn’t like because they had alt RPK chars, so KGB would not mess with them. I couldn’t attack them on Binbs so I made an alt char named Shane. I macroed him up with the help of a select few people and took him out for a ride one day. Dressing him up in a newbie style outfit (robe and magehat), I took him down to the duelroom and waited for someone to duel. Two seconds after my first duel, I hear people say stuff like “Is that Binbs?”, “He fights just like Binbs” etc.
I paged a GM after that which turned out to be someone that I knew as a friend and she changed my name from Shane to Shanti. Shanti spread quite a lot of havoc for D&S and everyone else who was a lamer in my book and KGBs. Later there was this big scandal on the KGB boards started by Scraper who hated me. Im sure you Pacific guys remember him.

UO was a lot of fun.. I don’t think there will be any game out there that will replace what experiences we had in UO, but there was one game that really got us to shine…Shadowbane.

Never have I seen my guild work together as hard as they did to achieve a common goal.

You see Shadowbane is/was a game that really required teamwork and dedication. From leveling to building cities, to gathering resources/gold to attacking/defending cities. Everything in that game is about teamwork and seeing us shine in that game made me so proud.

I remember one time our capital was baned. The city down on the west side of the map, which used to be Tiaers merchant city. Nearly every RPK guild showed up for the bane on our capital and after many hours of fighting our city had been conquered and taken over.

I remember sitting in Teamspeak with everyone.. We prolly had about 50-60 people online. And here I was trying to think of what to tell these people who trusted me, and now I had let our most important city get taken over. Luckily the people who make up KGB didn’t just give up. The next day everyone had very positive attitudes and was going on about where I new capital should be, what enemy city we should attack and what not. This was the moment when I realized that we were going to be successful in Shadowbane no matter what.

At the time of when our capital was destroyed we were very big. But because of this loss and a few other cities the more fragile guilds in our nation started to leave. A few weeks later the deadweight of the KGB nation was gone and we were left with only the one who could still hold their own. A month later we were attacking enemy guilds cities on a daily basis. We ended up destroying over 15 of LKK cities over that summer and I could retire a happy faction leader in September 2004.

There are lots of other memorable moments that are more pvp related such as the first time I got pked (Dread Lord Homer) or the hyped up duel on UO Siege Perilous against Guardians Chosens member Robin where people were betting on the result. Lots of others on how I met everyone I don’t have time to jot down here, but memories I will cherish forever ;-)

Binbs #23954 11/14/07 02:22 PM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
LOL, yeah Bib... WoW pvp raids were always a good laugh, just because of how pointless they were, especially back then and probably still now, everything in WOW pushes you towards instance farming instead of real pvp. If as a guild you want to go out raiding the question is asked: Why? there's no towns to conquer or lands you can put your flag over... so in the end the only answer is, because we want to pvp as a group and we're stuck in WoW so we're trying our best.
Our raids there were fun though mostly because of how silly everyone else thought it was we were doing them... the farmers just kept asking themselves, "Why are these guys killing all the Horde in the zone, dont they have items to farm for in an instance??" LOL

Shadowbane CoS battles without a doubt will be remembered for a long time by those of us there. The Redemption/Skye/KGB/Combine/CoS/Shadowclan Orc fights and alliances. It was supposed to be CoS and KGB sort of splitting the world in two, forever locked in epic battles and political intrigue. But there were just too many faults with Shadowbane, im not talking about lag or sb.exe errors but the mechanics and concepts of the environment... how NPC guards could be used... resource points... bane mechanics and so forth. We just couldn't keep the world balanced between KGB and CoS, too much bandwagoning occurred, tipping the scales fully to CoS's side, a momentum shifting all the power towards CoS and away from KGB that couldn't be reversed until finally CoS got bored and left the server.
If only the unspoken alliance between CoS and KGB worked out, the never ending power-struggle between two global powers would have meant for many epic battles. Instead it was the never-say-die KGB underdog forces vs the CoS zerg that at times we could fend off but eventually they always succeeded in their bane. True those can be fun fights as well but also a lot of stress and hardship. If on the other hand we were two mostly balanced global powers that always maintained our capital but simply exchanged control over our boarder kingdoms then it would have been much more enjoyable… as long as your nation’s capitol remains you don’t log out in complete disgust for the game or feelings of cancelling your subscription. But sadly we did lose our capital, again and again.
The burning of CoS’s capitol, Winterhaven, after they had already left the server, will nevertheless be remembered as a bittersweet victory.

The first years of Ultima Online.. PAC and then SP server hold countless memories, both personal from my days unguilded to the times spent as KGB. So many large (large for UO anyhow) battles, guild vs guild territory wars despite the fact that you couldn’t actually see on a map your guild’s flag covering a piece of land. An endless supply of political drama and board warring. KGB vs OPP, KGB vs Imperium, KGB vs Shadowclan Orcs, vs Combine, vs KAAOS, vs GC, vs Cabal,…

DAoC had a number of memories that were as good as UO’s but couldn’t sustain for as long, perhaps Darkfall and Age of Conan will have all the things that were missing from SB, DAoC, and even the large scale aspect UO was missing… I suppose that’s the dream we’re looking for, the online role playing adventure UO allowed us to have but on an epic scale instead of the more local scale UO could only handle. UO times 100.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Raekwon #23955 11/15/07 03:22 AM
Quote:

It was supposed to be CoS and KGB sort of splitting the world in two, forever locked in epic battles and political intrigue. But there were just too many faults with Shadowbane, im not talking about lag or sb.exe errors but the mechanics and concepts of the environment... how NPC guards could be used... resource points... bane mechanics and so forth. We just couldn't keep the world balanced between KGB and CoS, too much bandwagoning occurred, tipping the scales fully to CoS's side, a momentum shifting all the power towards CoS and away from KGB that couldn't be reversed until finally CoS got bored and left the server.
If only the unspoken alliance between CoS and KGB worked out, the never ending power-struggle between two global powers would have meant for many epic battles.

I dont wanna turn this thread into a debate about past stuff, but KGB could never stand up to COS on Treachery because they simply had too much knowledge about the game from beta and they were much more organized as a nation.

It had nothing to do with "faults" with the game. And if anyone was bandwagoning it was the rest of the server bandwagoning with us against CoS. KGB were total newbies compared to CoS back on early Treachery.

Once we got more knowledge about the game we were able to hold our own, which happened at the end of Treachery and later on Vengeance.

Last edited by Binbs; 11/15/07 03:25 AM.
Binbs #23956 11/15/07 09:39 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Seeing it from former COS side, I totally agree.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Crimthan #23957 11/15/07 11:04 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I remember having to PM Zorak and Herog on how to open our city 's doors back in the beginning.

We got a great number into beta, but we squandered our chance and didnt get involved.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #23958 11/15/07 11:39 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
I wouldn't disagree Binbs, Vuldan Ironhand is the biggest moron alive and FUBAR'd our Shadowbane start. With Beta being so underpopulated and boring as sin to play we just let that time go by since other good games were out at the time.
But if the bandwagon was for KGB instead of COS then it was a very small and gimpy bandwagon indeed cause typically the side receiving the support of the bandwagon gets a zerg army that steam rolls others. But we never had superior numbers to CoS during the raids (and its debatable but on average probably true we were out skilled by CoS as well) feel free to add posistive or negetive thoughts on this - im speaking as a 3rd party since Vuldan kept me out of his decision making process or even liked that I wanted to lead raid groups.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Heidi #23959 11/15/07 09:08 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
My favorite moment was when I first ran into KGB on SB shortly after release. Someone had just tagged me to this know-nothing disorganized band of do-gooders, and their city was under siege for the 97th time that week. And then in charges a bunch of red-white-and-blue Beer mugs. I just stood there thinking, "Are those the Canadians?"

But seeing how tight they ran in battle and how efficient their combat and movement were, I followed them home from that ravaged city and joined the next day. =)

I never had so much fun gaming as I did with you guys in SB. I guess there was a certain novelty since it was my first true MMO, but I've played everything since and it was never the same again.

Tyrana Lightfoot - Confessor (lover of all animated fireball spells)

poking around again after a long time off...
tyrana #23960 11/15/07 10:54 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
They definitely knew where to put a city on Treachery for sure.
Best frelling spot on the entire map ! Think they had a
!@#%&! scout on duty 24/7 at the commander drop.

Some absolute classic moments with CoS on that server. Heh,
you hated em, but it was a respectful hate. One of the
most memorable moments was the mega bane against Val Haven.
There were so many blue dots on the mini-map it was nearly
a solid color. SB.EXE monster ate well that night lemme
tell you. . . .

I wouldn't see numbers like that again until years later
when our Asian counterparts redefined the term ' zerg '.

Second memorable moment was KGB and God only knows how many
other guilds camping the runegate northeast of KGB city
( my memory fails me, either Honor or Sanctuary ). We were
camping it because we got word CoS was about to come through
it in force. In typical fashion, they sent through a few
to scout ahead first and were instantly decimated by the
fifty or so members waiting for them

This went on for a while until they got smart and shot
through a group of high level minos ( at the time R5 was
high level ) and everything went to hell in a hurry . . lol

I believe the words out of the mino's mouth were " HAHA
let's see how funny you think this is. . . . "

* much carnage ensued *

Keep in mind most of us were R3 or R4

Now that I think back on it, I think I miss many of the
players we fought with and against moreso than the game
itself. The game was merely the excuse to get everyone
together but in the end, it was the players that made
ShadowBane what it was.

Someone go find AshenTemper and shake him until he agrees
to a ShadowBane sequel !! lol

Failing that, we should get with the other guilds and
agree on a game in the near future. Conan seems to be
one of the more promising that might actually release in
our lifetime. . . unlike another game I know. . . .

cough*Darkfall*cough

Warhammer might be another possibility as well.

Daye #23961 11/16/07 09:40 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Go rattle his cage yourself

I'm sure Zorak would agree

These guys might show up too

If so having some of these in your alliance helps

from what little I know of those days (I was financially and technically unable to play by the time I finally got my beta) as a former member and Elder of CQ was that skill was primary, since often times CoS forces were outnumbered with 3:1 odds or better, the scouting forces which had originally been my responsibility fell to Swiftkill and he (as I predicted) did a splendid job leading these skirmishers, collecting intel, and and leading lighting raids

Quote:

Treachery: The Campaign of Banes

GUEST SUBMISSION
Fragment: Treachery
Nation Name: Covenant of Swords
Author Name: Megadas Suresight
Article Date: July 1, 2003

As the dust settles from the great battles that occurred on Treachery recently, one can see a marked change in the land. In the heart of Tyrranth Major, great fires continue to burn as four once great cities are completely consumed. In the far north, the great city of Val'Haven hosts an army of defenders who are busy repairing their equipment and cleaning their weapons of the blood of their enemies, in anticipation of the next great campaign. And another city, only hours old, springs up dangerously close to Val'Haven. Its citizens comprise a massive alliance of those who follow the evil god Morloch and the Dragon.

Calling themsElves the Alliance for Treachery's Protection, a vast army of those who would see the Elves destroyed fashioned a great alliance and placed a Tree of Life to the northwest of Val'Haven. This alliance's members and it's allies include the Knights of Glory and Beer, The Shadow Legion, Dracul, Crimson Dawn, Chaotica, and the remnants of the once mighty Shadowclan, Combine, and Redemption nations, among many others. Its numbers are swollen with the dispossessed and deposed, refugees of the cities Skye, N'Kharu, Redemption, and other nations who dared to rise up in open conflict with the Elves of Valthanor.

This alliance is lead by many old leaders of the destroyed cities, and by one who had, until recently, been a member of the Covenant of Swords. TheFather, the guild leader of The Shadow Legion, is believed by many to have struck the bargains and made the deals required to fashion such an alliance, and in fact he was seen at the command of almost every army the Alliance fielded during the Campaign of Banes. Many among the Elves of Valthanor speculate that his recent fall from worthy ally to arch-nemesis may be the work of the Dragon, for now TheFather consorts and collaborates openly with the Irekei of the Shadowclan, and the minions of Morloch and his Chaos Horde. Dracul, who openly swear fealty to Morloch, is one of the largest members of the Alliance.

The Campaign of Banes began with the razing of Sanctuary, ancient home of the Knights of Glory and Beer. This city was the third founded on Treachery after the Turning, and many a tear was shed into the beers of KGB as the ancient Tree of Life was destroyed. The nation of KGB was only able to muster a small token force for Sanctuary's defense, and those brave souls were quickly overrun as the Elves and their allies ripped through the city and began destruction of its Tree. After Sanctuary fell, a KGB officer who parleyed with the Elves spat bitterly, "Does it not strike fear into your heart... that we would allow our homes to burn so that the true battle may be joined? KGB has paid its price, and gladly." Obviously this meant much strife was still in store for the citizens of Treachery.

The scene of Alliance troops desperately massing what forces they could muster to defend a member nation's beleaguered city would repeat itself twice more as Death Valley and Arcania fell under attack by Covenant of Swords forces. And like the Alliance city Sanctuary, Death Valley and Arcania were also reduced to a smoking pile of rubble by the Army of the Covenant.

On this day, four Alliance cities would fall, but only three were crushed by an army. Treachery, it seems, is not just the name of the fragment of Aerynth to which we souls are confined to, but it is also the means by which the city of Terra Forraine was sundered. Details are sketchy, but it seems that internal strife and infighting lead to a trusted member in the Inner Council of the guild War and Retribution to forsake his nation and destroy the vast majority of the city. Counting this is a blessing and an opportunity to exact more damage on the Alliance, KVent of The Professionals, a core CoS guild, and his strike force headed straight to Terra Forraine as soon as it was clear what the intent of the scorned IC was, and participated in helping destroy the city.

As we have seen so far, already this day had brought with it many battles and the destruction of great cities, but the Campaign of Banes had not yet reached its fever pitch. As the forces of the Alliance began marshalling to Khar Th'Sekt, the forces of the Covenant of Swords realized that an attack upon Val'Haven was imminent. With lightning speed, KVent and the other battle leaders of the Covenant gathered all available forces and raced to the ancient runegate that lay in the southern lands of the Elvish nation. For the next two hours they would fight off two major attacks as Alliance troops came through the runegate from the desert northeast of Khar Th'Sekt. Each battle involved more and more troops, as the members of each side heard the calling of thier commanders and raced to join thier armies. The stage was being set for the greatest battles in the history of Treachery.

Beaten back twice by the Elves at the Tyrranth Major runegate, the army of the Alliance was commanded to hold in the ancient Irekei fortress of Khar Th'Sekt. By some bargain with the forces of the Dragon, TheFather ensured the protection of his forces while they swelled in number and prepared to march to the Elven city of Val'Haven. As the minutes slipped by on the countdown to the bane circle at Val'Haven going active, more and more Alliance troops rallied to Khar Th'Sekt. At the appointed time, the great host of the Alliance began marching toward the runegate in the desert wastes to the northeast of the Irekei fortress, apparently planning on yet another assault into the Elven-held runegate and the awaiting Covenant forces.

The leaders of the Covenant had by this point mustered all available forces at the Tyrranth runegate, in preparation for yet another assault, this time expecting to fight a force over twice their size. As the few CoS Scouts who remained alive in the desert wastes reported the enemy host aproaching the desert runegate, the leaders of the Covenant forces, Swiftkill, Zorak, and KVent, all began planning the battle around the runegate. However, much to the surprise of the CoS, the Alliance forces did not teleport through the runegate. Instead, there was a secret group of Alliance summoners stationed to the northeast of Val'Haven working furiously to summon in the great Alliance host in a surprise maneuver designed to get behind the Elvish defenders.

The Alliance plan would have worked had it not been for the outstanding skill and dedication of the Covenant Scouts, many of which died several times in an attempt to keep the battle commanders with up-to-the minute knowledge of the whereabouts of all enemies surrounding Val'Haven. It is not clear who exactly discovered the surprise attack to the northeast of Val'Haven, but what is clear is that by the time the leaders of CoS realized the threat, there were already 50 Alliance troops forming a perimeter from which more could be summoned. Once they realized this, Zorak and his commanders ordered an immediate forced march of all forces at the Tyrranth runegate north to attack the Alliance forces staging near Val'Haven. Only one small group of volunteers were left at the runegate, with orders to hold it at all costs.

As the Army of the Covenant ran desperately north with reckless speed, its size slowly dwindled as members fell victim to hostile terrain and exhaustion. Rest was only ordered after the army reached the eastern gates of Val'Haven, and set up an emergency perimeter on the shores of the great northern ocean. Already the word had come that the Alliance army had began its march west towards Val'Haven, and the Alliance numbers were swollen to well over one hundred.

As Swiftkill and the other commanders rallied their troops and began marching east to meet the Alliance forces head on well outside the gates of Val'Haven, troubling news arrived. Far to the south, a Scout reported seeing the graves of the runegate defenders and the tracks of another great Alliance host moving north from the Tyrranthian runegate, directly toward Val'Haven. Now came the moment of choice for the leaders of the Covenant; should they press on to the northeast and meet the rapidly approaching threat head on, or should they order an immediate retreat back to Val'Haven to begin the preparations for defense on the city's walls, and face the combined might of both armies of the Alliance? The Covenant had just performed a forced march, and the fatigue it had endured was showing, for as much as a tenth of its forces were lost on the long road north from the runegate. Could a force of 70 hope to stand a chance against the horde of enemy pouring towards it? After a brief discussion, the order came down; "Move northeast, prepare for immediate contact with Alliance troops!" The Covenant would attempt to crush the army threatenining it from the east, and then rush back to Val'Haven in the hopes that they wouldn't be too late to defend thier city against the approaching enemy from the south.

It didn't take long for the two great armies to collide head on. At first, HeRog, Kvent, and the others were heartened by the reports from the front lines; it seemed that there were fewer enemies that they had expected. However, soon came the realization that they had simply ran into the advance guard of the marching Alliance army, and soon the forces of the Covenant were in a death struggle with those of the Alliance.

Minutes passed as hours while the forces fought and died on the grasslands of the Elvish nation. Shouts from both sides rang out, and one could hear TheFather shout as he urged his force on, "Kill them one by one!" Slowly the forces of the Covenant began pressing further into the van of the Alliance army, and eventually split the force in two, driving a wedge of steel into the enemy army's heart. As the Alliance forces began to crumble, shouts rang out from Swiftkill, "Do not loot the enemy, leave them on the field. When they are defeated get back to Val'Haven as fast as possible and form on the southwest corner! This fight is far from over!"

And truly it was far from over, for the bane circle had less than an hour to complete its spell and make the Tree of Life at Val'Haven vulnerable to physical damage. There was a massive Alliance host moving north rapidly from the southern lands of the Elves, with thier eyes set squarely on the prize; Val'Haven. No Scout had any idea where the Alliance host moving north was exactly, and KVent and the other battle commanders frantically sent orders that all scouts were to fan out from Val'Haven and find the location of the enemy. Soon a report came back that the enemy force was to the southwest of Val'Haven, skirting the shoreline of the Island Sea. However, the scout who found them was discovered quickly and killed, and soon the light of knowledge was extinguished, and once again the Covenant was in the dark as to where the Alliance army was heading to next.

It was the Covenant Scout Monika who discovered the enemy again, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting. The bane on Val'Haven had forty minutes remaining when the information came through to the leaders; the enemy had turned due east after being discovered, and was now to the southeast of Val'Haven, in the ancient Elven ruins of Eglan Berriador. Immediately the Covenant commanders ordered a hasty march to meet the Alliance, believing that if they could destroy this threat, the bane could be quickly destroyed while the Alliance forces vainly attempted to march back towards Val'Haven.

Upon reaching the enemy, the CoS army discovered that a great battle lay ahead of them. The host of Alliance members was swollen with many of those who had died at the battle to the northeast of Val'Haven, and had been summoned back to join thier comrades. CoS commanders did not waste a second ordering an immediate charge into the ranks of the enemy, and soon the battle stood on a knife's edge. The initial charge stung the Alliance forces, but the leadership of TheFather held the army together, and beat back the Covenant soldiers. Victory seemed to pass from one side to the other as first the Covenant charged, only to be repelled and counter-charged by Alliance troops. Covenant forces were outnumbered easily two to one as they fought desparately to end the last immediate threat posed by the Alliance. As the battle raged, slowly the experience, organization and leadership of the Covenant began to show and the enemy began to dwindle, until finally the great host of the Alliance was routed from the field by the Covenant forces. There was scarcely half an hour left of the bane circle's spell at Val'Haven. All CoS forces were ordered to recall and prepare to defend at the city walls at all costs.

Again Scouts were sent out, and again came back word of enemies approaching Val'Haven, this time from east of Eglan Berriador and from the northwest shoreline. It became clear that an army lead by members of the defeated Shadowclan nation were moving as quickly as possible towards the city from the east, as they undoubtedly knew time was of the essence. In addition, the Tree of Life planted by the Alliance to the northwest of Val'Haven was being used as a forward base from which more Alliance troops were coming to link up with the Shadowclan led army.

A CoS siege force was assembled inside Val'Haven with the intent of destroying the bane as soon as it went live. The Covenant's shock troops, Half Giants, Minotaurs, and stony Dwarves, were issued siege hammers. Great siege engines were hastily erected. A force of casters was posted on the western wall, where enemies were already beginning to test the defenses. As the bane's spell neared completion, with five minutes remaining, the forces of the Alliance came into sight of Val'Haven from the southeast. Swiftkill ordered a small group of volunteers to rush into the enemy in an attempt to slow them down and give his siege forces time to destroy the bane. It worked. As the bane went active, any member of CoS withing sight of the bane descended upon it with a fury that cracked the evil stone into a thousand pieces. The siege of Val'Haven was lifted. Or so we thought.

With the bane shattered, the din of celebration inside Val'Haven was soon drowned by the screams and roars of the Alliance horde as it washed up the western walls of the city, around the edge of the northwestern corner, and began beating down the walls of the northern side of the city, where the bane had stood only moments before. Cries of confusion, and then anger and frustration from the Alliance forces were heard as they realized that their moment of triumph over the Elves would not come this day. In defiance of the Elves they hastily erected another bane circle and again the countdown for the survival of Val'Haven began. The great host threw itself at the city walls, to be repelled time and time again by the concentrated and disciplined fire of the mages of the Covenant. Outnumbered easily three to one, the defenders of Val'Haven relied on the cities walls for their survival. The fight for the walls of Val'Haven lasted over two hours, and at one point the Alliance had as many as thirty of their troops on the northeast turret. Things were looking grim indeed as the Covenant would kill Alliance soldier after soldier, only to see them return to the battlefield in five minutes, having bound to the Alliance forward base Tree of Life northwest of Val'Haven.

Soon, however, help would come from an unlikely source; a merry band of cutthroats calling themsElves Juevos del Diablos had happened upon the Alliance forward base Tree, and decided to perform some mischief. As the Covenant would kill each member of the Alliance, he or she would appear back at the Alliance forward base Tree of Life. As soon as the poor soul appeared, they would be slain again by the bloodthirsty members of J-D. Slowly, as the CoS forces killed more and more Alliance members, their numbers at Val'Haven diminished. Finally, the warriors and casters of the Covenant destroyed the Alliance forces on the northeast turret of Val'Haven and soon Covenant fighters began appearing outside of the walls. A glorious push west along the northern walls by the Elflords of Valthanor and their allies soon ended the Alliance's siege. Grave markers dotted the landscape, and broken armor and weapons gleamed against the blood red grass surrounding the city of Elves, but the city still stood.

After five major battles spanning over twelve hours the Campaign of Banes ended, with the alliance threat to Val'Haven broken and Alliance forces retreating. The defenders of Val'Haven roared in defiance of the will of Morloch's evil minions. Today the city of Val'Haven still stands as a gleaming gem of hope and order amid a world of burnt and gutted ruins, but the fragment of Treachery has not yet seen the last fight for Val'Haven's existence.

~Megadas Suresight, Scout
Covenant of Swords

Last edited by Drakiis; 11/16/07 09:49 AM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard