KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,005,827 Trump card
1,337,549 Picture Thread
477,213 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

you wont see any of the old ones unless they lived in beasties, I am fairly certain this picks up where beast wars left off when prime put megatron's spark into his g1 body or whatever it was called and left him on earth ending the series, i'll have to go back and watch it again though

Whether you're a G1 fan or a Beast Wars fan, it doesn't matter. This doesn't leave off where anything left off. I've read up on the forums and the fansites. This is Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman's written interpretation of the beginning of the Transformers, directed by Michael Bay. Think: "Transformers Begins" ala Batman begins.

The "Spark" as it's called is just a variant incarnation of what was seen in Beast Wars and the Matrix of Leadership from G1. **SPOILERS** At the end of the 2007 movie, Prime took a piece of it out of Megatron. Ironically, that's probably enough to reduce the overload, allowing Megatron to re-energize using what was left of the original spark. Megatron had a Sea-Fortress in the original series - I could see that easily leading up to the Seacons. Starscream getting away could easily leading to him either creating or bringing down the Combaticons, as well as Thundercracker and Skywarp.

Bay and/or whoever directs and/or writes the next movie will probably review or already has reviewed the myriads of characters from all the series' and may take the most interesting characters with which to form a plotline. Seriously, if he was trying to go Beast Wars on us, we would have seen some links to that in the movie. Looks more to me like it's going along a hybrid route. At any rate, the G1 Tformers eventually had a complete mix of both vehicles/jets and beasts. Dynamic stuff, unless you're too young or old to remember.

Personally, I'd like to see RID Scourge (later called Nemesis Prime) appear as the evil Black-colored version of Prime, mainly because it would be fun.

There's really no reason to believe at this point that G1 characters can't or won't be in the mix for later movies. Most of the ones in the movie were originally in G1, and I don't recall Jazz being in Beast Wars, or Ratchet for that matter - but they certainly were in G1.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Note to self:

Never, EVER consider doing Transformers Trivia with Crimthan.
Guaranteed loss !

Daye #21944 07/10/07 09:09 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm sure I went overboard...but I can't help myself.

Up until the 1985 Original Transformers Movie, I was your typical kid in gradeschool who really thought the Transformer concept was cool. Then the movie came out during the third year of G1 Transformer Series. I watched the Big Screen in triumph as Optimus Prime whooped Megatron's ass for real, then was horrified as Prime died from the wounds. I was shocked when Unicron, voiced by Orson Welles HIMSELF, transformed into a Planet-sized being and began pulverizing Cybertron. Then I stared in awe as Hot Rod later opened the Matrix, becoming Rodimus Prime to "Light Our Darkest Hour." I'm sure that sounds cliche' today, but it was all new material and a badass plot for back then. I've been a hopeless fanatic ever since.

Most other stuff I like is Ancient/Medieval History or Fantasy, not high-tech sci fi. Transformers are the only high-tech thing in Pop culture I really get into. If there were ever a Transformer MMO, I'd become absorbed into the game just like that dude in the Lawnmower man...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Band 3
Band 3
I go to see this movie again for just one viewing was not enough to capture all the awesomeness that it is.

Jacon Clay 3xGM mage voted as "The Worst Red Ever" "I'm okay at PvP... But what I lack in skill, I make up for in Luck" "I love Wisps!" ~ the day 4 wisps killed 3 SL blues chasing my red. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard