KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#21704 06/27/07 11:30 AM
Slinger Offline OP
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline
Eat your meat RARE!!!

Well done meat gives you cancer you alleged disease avoiding fools!

PROOF!

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
There is research and studies done by 'experts' that show virtually everthing is bad for you, many of the studies end up being contridictory.

Not only is it impossible to live your life listening to them all but it would be no fun at all anyway.

I'm a rare steak man myself anyway, though for steaks my favourite way to cook them is hot pan, with some virgin olive oil, salt an pepper on the steak, stick some crushed galic and a sprig of rosmary in the pan and fry the steak for 2 1/2 mins, then turn the steak over, cook for 30 seconds then chuck in a few big chunks of butter, cook for a further 2 mins while spooning the butter over the steak. Fantastic.

I guess if that report is true chicken will be one of the biggest risks, its very difficult to cook chicken on the BBQ without it ending up black on the outside since the skin just cooks too quickly. We tend to do most of the cooking of the chicken in the oven first and just throw in on the BBQ for a few mins at the end, seems to work out best.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Quote:

There is research and studies done by 'experts' that show virtually everthing is bad for you, many of the studies end up being contridictory.

Not only is it impossible to live your life listening to them all but it would be no fun at all anyway.

This is so true Fleeting.

I myself used to be a rare meat eater, but switched over to Medium/Medium Well a few years ago. As I really prefer a Filet over any steak, you can see my disappointment of not being able to order them Rare or Medium Rare anymore.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Another thing that the agriculture dept at the University of Cornell has found, is that many common herbs and spices such as basil, onions, peppers and others to numerous to list, but commonly associated with the cooking of meat (including BBQ) in most parts of the world actually bind with the "known carcinogens" during cooking and digestion, rendering them harmless.

Or in other words , grilling a steak- but just a plain steak and eating it by itself may in fact not be great for you. But who does that? BBQ and most other meat preperation for that matter is almost always accompanied by herbs spices and such.

The same also applies to spoilage and many food borne illness. Or in other words, to reinforce what most of you already know, if generations of people have been perfectly healthy eating something, especially cultural dishes, theres usually a reason for it.

If your the worrying type, just do a little research on what types of things something is usually prepared with. If you adhere to that, especially if its rooted in truly old-skool traditions, chances are its perfectly healthy.

Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
Fleeting - I'm not a worrier, just stumbled across the article last night and thought it was worth a chuckle, because I LOVE rare meat.

Romeo - WHY!?!??!???! Unless you have a serious illness, I don't know why anyone would switch from rare to medium well...

Derid - I grill beef plain, and I love it! sometimes I put a little salt and pepper or steak seasoning on, but sauce on a steak takes away from the steak!

Band 3
Band 3
I'm a fan of a nice juicy and totaly undercooked piece of meat.

just yummy...

Jacon Clay 3xGM mage voted as "The Worst Red Ever" "I'm okay at PvP... But what I lack in skill, I make up for in Luck" "I love Wisps!" ~ the day 4 wisps killed 3 SL blues chasing my red. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

But other studies find no connection between cooking methods, meat doneness and cancer risk. A 1999 study of nearly 33,000 women in the Nurses' Health Study in Massachusetts found no increase in breast cancer risk related to meat cooking habits. A study of 800 New Zealand men found barely any connection between meat doneness preferences and prostate cancer.

"The existing literature is quite inconsistent, but I think it is reasonable to say that if there were large risks due to the cooking methods, we would have seen them by now," says Dr. Walter Willett, Fredrick John Stare professor of epidemiology and nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health.

Roger Clemens, a spokesman for the Institute of Food Technologists and professor of molecular pharmacology and toxicology at USC, says he is similarly unconvinced. "All foods contain a variety of naturally occurring toxins. The dose in which we consume them is so small that they don't really have an impact on our health," he says.

But Dr. Zei Wheng, director of the Vanderbilt University epidemiology center, who has been studying the link between meat doneness and breast cancer for the last decade, doesn't agree. He believes that the risks are hard to detect in human studies because of nuances of genetics.

Aren't Genetics a bitch? The man, in trying to prove that something is actually bad in cooking red meat, actually disproves himself by merely mentioning one word: Genetics. Yes, your very makeup provides the most potential for what may happen to your innards; and in many cases, regardless of your environment, and/or, made to appear because of the environment based on the potential provided by your genetics.

End Result: It doesn't fucking matter. Just avoid the obvious bad choices such as hydrogenated oil, etc, and exercise regularly to give your heart a reason to keep pumping effectively. If you get cancer, chances are; it's in your family history. Everything will give you cancer if you're a cancer-prone individual. Live it up or Live in fear - go ahead and try eating only vegetables and legumes the rest of your life, while I do some cardio, pump some iron and dine on a healthy portion of well done top sirloin or round steak until I'm 110. The end.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
Look, the article was for shits and giggles, the only point that needs to be made regarding meat is that red meat tastes better when it's still red -- for you 'well done' weirdos, please don't order steak when you go out to eat, the wait staff and cooks laugh at you behind your back (trust me, I've spent all 20 years of my life in the restaurant business). Also, cardboard is cheaper.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
But cardboard is far lower in protein value.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Quote:

(trust me, I've spent all 20 years of my life in the restaurant business).

You were born in a resturaunt and shackled into servitude? Do they let you outside?

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard