KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,656 Trump card
1,336,691 Picture Thread
476,953 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#21054 06/09/07 11:42 AM
V
Vipir Offline OP
OP Offline
V
http://truegalaxies.com/forums/index1.php?page=about

It would be cool if you could get a hold of the server software so we could run our own private server.

I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would seek to damage me.
Vipir #21055 06/09/07 11:47 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
My new server model could easily host this.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #21056 06/09/07 01:17 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
interesting...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
i was doing this for lineage 2 along with an ai roleplaying package a while back its pretty sweet, theres one for eve online out but its alpha and horribly buggy, soon they might get it going to perfection though who knows.
a nice place that has a few good server files is ragezone.com, they have for games you wouldnt think about playing but hehe.
last time i saw the swg going alpha beta ish which was a couple of months ago, their main issue is getting the packets for pre-lightspeed stuff, or so i heard maybe they got over it.

ZoneOni #21058 06/09/07 07:24 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
So KGB could have their own server of SWG? I played the game at the beginning, after the first couple months it was out. I heard it underwent a ton of changes since then, so I have no idea if I'd like it more now, or less.

[Linked Image]

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
pretty much, dont need alot of things depending on the amount of users, i was running it on 2gigs ram and 2.6 dual core running both the servers and the client for lineage 2 and i had no problem course i had like 10 people at most. and most programs like mysql and apache programs you can get for free, depends on how they scripted the emulated server, there is a legality issue with the whole thing i know wow had servers and rf too and they both got shot down by their respecitve companies, although i think wow probably still has servers going maybe not in the us though hehe. donno about swg or eve though, since they havent seen much light i dont think these companies know how close these third parties are close to release, to my knoweldge however l2j (the guys who a version of the emulated server got a gnu lisence from the lineage 2 company, course this is something they claim they have, ive never really seen the paper work, except for the copy that they give you in the winzip of the server and im pretty sure you need more to be totally legal then what thye have their.

ZoneOni #21060 06/10/07 06:48 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
On these servers is it possible to choose which scripts you want? For instance you could pick what skills/abilities you want the classes to have, or could even go in and edit them at a whim? Man if this works for SWG, it could even work for EQ, but making the game full PVP and less time for XP so guildies could just log in and get PVP time. I wonder how many games are being emulated like this?

At any rate, SWG definitely sounds interesting to me, especially if its free.

[Linked Image]

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
its possible to even add your own weapons and monsters too but youd have to know abit of java or c++ and maybe some 3d rendering depending on what the server uses to run itself, when i was making the roleplaying ai package the server was created in java so i had to learn a bit of java to make it go, took me a couple of months to get a working beta version but it worked like a charm, you could even change the map aswell but thats alot harder, if the swg server has a gnu license im pretty sure theres some kind of restriction to what you can change or not change but if it doesnt then you could probably do whatever you want to it until soe catches wind of the server itself

ZoneOni #21062 06/12/07 06:38 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
http://z10.invisionfree.com/LunaCorp/index.php?showtopic=35&st=0

there are some ss from the ai scripts that we ran on the l2j servers a few years ago i think probably two years ago, we had a bunch of scripts running in the background that would control certain npcs and make it seem like there was a real ai following you around, we had crazy stuff like, emotiona triggers, logistcal speach patterns, response systems, implicative logical patterns, distingush behvaioral idenities. eventually we were able to get it so that the ai would learn from the user who was running with it, and then later it was able to construct its own plots for users based on their responses and actions during the game, because of the amount of sql tables it required to run it need to be maintained almost every day, it had a hababit of making extra tables of crud filled data for no reason. i personally thought it was giving a complete analysis of the characters that played but the information didn't make sense. anyway, as the game progressed it constructed its own story line, the first one which we ran with chi, ltima, and one other person i forgot his name, was about ryoko and satanus, ryoko was meant ot save the world and satanus destroy it, and you were meant to choose a side and run quests from them to collect artirfacts that would unlock their abilities, at first chi was with ryoko and ltima with satanus and then the third guy followed suit, they lost because they instructions were to implicit and so the world was destoryed and that was the end of it, it set itself to destroy all data particulate that was after the first day of the world, so everyone would have started at 1 and some of the vital program code was deleted, we didn't know this until after it happneed we assumed it would just get ride of the character info and start a fresh, we made it again, better then before and ran it again with another crew, this time amc, sniper, celtro and ltima, once again the world was being destroyed but the plot was different, it made a different story with ryoko and satanus in similar places as the first one but somewhere along the line it switched places with satanus and the respective parties invovled switched places along with them, it was odd, ltima having chosen to destroy it once again, had joined ryoko instead of satanus and amc, celtro and snipe had joined satanus to in their minds save it, the game had made ryoko come out to be the bad person and satanus to be the one to save it, well they had made the right chose because at the end of that episode it was true that ryoko was an evil person i forgot what the reason was then but they managed to move on to episode two and then the game rvamped itself to a new plot which invovled a dragon king and once again it was going to destroy the world and they required the help of both satanus and ryoko to save it, they never managed to finish the episode because before they could the servers got hacked, i had made the miscall of trying to recruit from hamachi and l2j forums and i didnt occur to me that the people in question would know what port were default to the server and would be able to get pass the firewall, nor did it occur to me to change the ports used by both server and client, but all in all it was a good year and half, just an idea of what can be done.

the ss in the forum are from the first and second episode from the snipe, ltima, celtro, amc crew,

the alpha stage with ltima and chi never made any ss because the forums were up for disposal. i think theirs one ss from the alpha stage in one of the old servers ill see if i can fetch it.

ZoneOni #21063 06/12/07 07:37 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
wow thats awsome we could have a kgb story line

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard