KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,281 Trump card
1,337,330 Picture Thread
477,115 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

Regardless of whether or not we should be in Iraq isn't really the issue at hand here

Go back to your original post, click on the link, and look at point number 1. If you want to backpedal on that now, I think we can officially agree to declare the article bullshit, and be done with it.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Slinger Offline OP
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline
Owain, here's why I see the 'potential issue' to be an issue of its own. The problem isn't that Americans are being held captive, tortured, or any of the other things I've talked about possibly happening. The problem is that we're locking our country down in a way that, in the wrong hands (a fluke administration with really negative intentions), Americans could end up locked up and tortured for doing something that some authority didn't agree with, like I dunno, utilizing our right to free speech...

So here it is:

The Bush administration went a little overboard with our response to 9/11, but they could have done worse. Now, they're changing the constitution so that under the "right circumstances" (and we know that agencies like the CIA have a way of making up the "right circumstances") our system of checks and balances is all out of whack, and anyone they don't want to leave or enter the country won't be able to.

All in all, I can say that the primary (and almost sole) threat to the country RIGHT NOW is the terrorists, but we're setting ourselves up for internal corruption and/or abuse of power.

So far, it seems like we all agree on one thing: those who don't learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.

I'm pretty confident that we're stuck in this system of arguing rather than being more efficient and negotiate what will truly help filter terrorists out of our country, while not revoking the freedoms we enjoy from day to day.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

Just because you dont mind Bush having these powers, are you so sure you dont mind Hillary having them?

Yes, well, the Democrat Party in general is problematic when it comes to things like that, seeing that they did a bang up job of running rough shod over civil liberties without the help of the Patriot Act and other recent developments. What with Waco and Ruby Ridge, I think the Clinton Administration had a higher kill count of American citizens than they did against Al Quaida.

But that is what kills me about civil libertarians who are whimpering that the sky is falling now, but who vote Democrats into office. Democrats are the ones who want to poke their nose into every corner of your life, not Republicans.

I read an article today that made me torque my jaws. Some Democrat Party dip shit has suggested that legislation needs to be introduced that would subject people to criminal penalties, including imprisonment, if parents allow thier children under the age of 15 to consume alcohol in thier own homes, and while under parental supervision.

Arrrghhh! Now, once my boys got to be around 14 or 15, I allowed them to drink a small glass of wine, with dinner, if they wanted in order to demystify the whole alcohol thing. They are all in their 20's now. The oldest doesn't drink at all, and the other two only drink a glass or two with meals, as do I. Now, if the Democrat Party morons had had their way then, I'd be in jail for this.

And you guys are worried about President Bush?

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

The Bush administration went a little overboard with our response to 9/11...

Defend this statement.

Quote:

Now, they're changing the constitution...

Whaaaa???? Give me an example, please...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:

Quote:

The Bush administration went a little overboard with our response to 9/11...

Defend this statement.

Quote:

Now, they're changing the constitution...

Whaaaa???? Give me an example, please...

1) Purely opinion

2) Alterations of the constitution, alterations of the law... It all turns into the same thing when my fingers are typing faster than I'm thinking. So what I meant to say was "now they're changing the laws".

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Arrrghhh! Now, once my boys got to be around 14 or 15, I allowed them to drink a small glass of wine, with dinner, if they wanted in order to demystify the whole alcohol thing. They are all in their 20's now. The oldest doesn't drink at all, and the other two only drink a glass or two with meals, as do I. Now, if the Democrat Party morons had had their way then, I'd be in jail for this.

My mom and dad did the same thing - let me have wine with dinner and my dad would let me sip his beer when he was BBQing. I learned young that alcohol wasn't a big deal. Today I might go out drinking once every couple months if even that.

When you lock someone up away from something for long enough, they're going to want to rebel and definitely going to want what they couldn't have. De-mystification is the way to go.

Hilary Clinton makes me think of a Commie Mom with a whip. Look at the bottom line in my sig. If you vote for Hilary Clinton you might as well give up playing your adult games. She is so uneducated about video games that she thinks only kids play them and anything else should go away...forever. You'll be playing Age of Conan for maybe 7 months and it will suddenly...disapear...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Hmmm. As far as the response to 9/11 goes, they didn't go far enough to my way of thinging...

On the second part then:
Quote:

Now, they're changing the constitution so that under the "right circumstances" (and we know that agencies like the CIA have a way of making up the "right circumstances") our system of checks and balances is all out of whack, and anyone they don't want to leave or enter the country won't be able to.

What 'right circumstances' are you referring to, and how are the checks and balances out of whack? And if someone has ties to a terrorist organization, damn straight they shouldn't be able to enter/leave the country.

Specifically, just what are you worried about, here? And if the best you can do is to offer some vague, "well, there is the potential for abuse", color me unimpressed. If you read my previous post, the new Democrat Congress has already displayed far more potiential for abuse to my way of thinking., Where is the righteous indignation about that!

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
All these posts on this topic Owain....play Vanguard already!

[Linked Image]

Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
The military Commission Act is one that bothers me quite a bit, even after they amended it. It pretty much allows for any "enemy combatant" to disappear. As we currently stand, I'm with you in that it isn't an issue for us, right now. Lets say President X is elected 10 years down the road and is trying to do something he wants done, no matter the cost, so he promotes an idea, pulls some strings, and soon this questionable idea gets slipped in with a larger bill. The problem is, there are people who pose a huge threat to him if they take the government to court over how his new law is unconstitutional. When the president finds out about such people (because he's been using the Patriot Act to have his friends over in department X of the Pentagon harassing search engine companies for information on who's searching for what), people start to vanish in the night.

Right now, it doesn't matter who the threat in the White House will be, if one even comes into existence, and it doesn't matter when. The problem is that we're setting ourselves up to be in a bad position by allowing for a corrupt government to abuse excessive amounts of powers. If we leave holes in our system, then they can be abused. I don't want to disappear in the night because I think that gay marriage should be legal, abortion is no big deal, the drinking age should be abolished, drugs should be legalized and regulated by the FDA, seat belts and motorcycle helmets should be optional, and people should be able to do whatever they feel like doing in their own homes as long as it isn't injuring another person. And all that jazz.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

I think that gay marriage should be legal, abortion is no big deal, the drinking age should be abolished, drugs should be legalized and regulated by the FDA, seat belts and motorcycle helmets should be optional, and people should be able to do whatever they feel like doing in their own homes as long as it isn't injuring another person. And all that jazz.

This is the reason the US is in Trouble. We've got both sides and everyone in between arguing over the above issues and many other issues in this thread, including my own. These are minor issues, if that, compared to the real problem the US faces: The Economy, Education both domestic & military, and resources of OUR NATION. All the issues in the quote above are keeping us occupied while we should be focusing on the bigger picture. If we keep squabbling over the scraps, we're going to wake up one night and realize that now that's all we have left: Scraps. This while other nations in Europe have their shit figured out and are pulling ahead.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard