KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,007,058 Trump card
1,337,740 Picture Thread
477,295 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Former Member
Former Member
Quote:

O ya my vote find something to play and get our GUILD mentality back.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i like vanguard so far so many of our old rivals or here and even some old friends.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I voted that we choose a game however, there isn't really a game out right now that peaks everyones interest. So my vote is based on games that may be coming out soon. Until then we have a large group that plays UO, large group that plays wow, and smaller groups that play a gamit of games and that is also good for KGB.

The different PvP styles in the different games will allow KGB members to learn different fighting methods that they can share when we do find a game that holds a majority interest. I would love to see KGB enforce like it was on UO and WoW but at the moment there is no one world that a majority is interested in. Vanguard seems to be something that people are talking about but like myself not everyone can afford to upgrade the computer, buy the game, pay the monthly fee and invest the time to catch up with everyone else that is already started.

That was my pull of returning to UO, within 2 days your char is done and ready to go with the rest of the group, I didnt have to upgrade anything and I dont have to pay to play, not to mention it brings back an old nostalgia if a time period that I loved being involved in.

I love KGB, I am utterly devoted and I know that KGB will survive this lull in gaming like it has before. Yes during these "down" times our membership slows down but our core group remains the same and grows a little even during these times. So we choose, but we wait to choose I guess is what I am saying.

[Linked Image from i16.tinypic.com]
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Touch of reality... There will NEVER AGAIN be a single game that all KGB will play as one unless we kick everyone that disagrees with the game choice. KGB has factionized way to much for that. The day of one game KGB died with KGB-Pacific.

A new faction will be born by itself when group of KGB finds a game they like and start playing it. The present leadership has to only encourage/allow that to happen and it will. Forcing it will just fail like the UO idea did.

*slips back in to the shadows*

Vincent
My first sci-fi novel is out and its free details : http://losttalesofpower.com
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I voted to choose a game, and jump into it. It won't be perfect, but it may be good. Vanguard sounds promising. Maybe not everyone has a comp that can hack it right now. Even so, my strong suggestion is that we charter an official KGB faction SOMEWHERE, and let those come who can.

But I think we need to pull together somewhere, and it sounds like Vanguard might be a good option. The mere fact that there is an official KGB faction in existance not only will draw current members togther, but it will also serve as a recruitment source for new members. That, if nothing else, is probably the most important reason to open a new faction at this time.

We can no longer afford to coast along as we have done in the past. I thought Darkfall would open a year ago, but that is starting to look like a long wait for a train that don't come. If it arrives eventually, great. If not, let's jump into Vanguard with who is willing to go now, and see where that takes us. In this way, when Age of Conan comes out, or perhaps even Darkfall, we will not only have our vets at the top of their form, but we will potentially have picked up new members as well.

It may well be that the KGB will never all be involved in a single game again. When other games arrive, we will consider them in due turn. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do something NOW. We have idled long enough. It is time to raise the KGB banner. Let those who are willing answer the call!

PS: What is the story with sigs, anyway? They have be on again, off again for a week or two now.

Last edited by Owain; 02/20/07 08:10 AM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Well, I for one have decided to get off my can, and vote in the only way that means a damn thing. I'm picking up Vanguard, and jumping in. Probably won't roll my char until tomorrow night, 'cause I have a hot date tonight.

Remember, even a mediocre plan done with maximum violence NOW is better than a perfect plan done in a half assed fashion later.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
An interesting dilemma to work through. I voted option 2 as it seems the best. Teamwork is crucial in any game you play with others and it would seem that the teamwork skills learned in any game are essentially transferable... just have to learn the class instead of the ship as an example between EvE and Vanguard. I would hesitate to "dictate" a game, if I am reading and understanding this correctly (pardon me if I am not) in that once a game comes out that "draws" I think there will be no trouble pulling together as a guild as kicking ass and taking names as has been done before. Till Darkfall of AoC releases I think letting people work their skills in the game of their choosing makes logically sense to me.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well i agree with vydor i mean i havent seen kgb on a game since UO sb had alot of us. i hate to admit but i was talking with donk and he is right kgb titles mean nothing we are just a forum guild right now.

when df comes out trust me it will be another sb even though i like the idea of derid leading us but i dont think it will matter no unity. We are a guild and we should start right now to unite as one before DFO or AOC comes out so we are all on the same page. i think everyone can play sb vanguard is kinda of extreme but if we find a game that we can play and work on teamwork. We need teamwork even the guys that has been in kgb for years we need to practice.

There is a old quote i heard all through baseball from little leagues to my senior year in highschool. Practice dont make perfect perfect practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Ken_Kamillion; 02/20/07 10:49 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

... I think letting people work their skills in the game of their choosing makes logically sense to me.

I have to disagree here - game mechanics are trivial. Anyone can do that in whatever game there is. We are talking computer games here, not rocket science. Far more important is building the teamwork and relationships among everyone in the KGB - you can't do that if you are grinding your skills in one game, others are camping a spawn in a different game, and I am poking yet another game with a stick to see if it shows any sign of life.

It's the team work and coordination in a single game that matters. Time was that KGB was big enough that we could have a group in UO, another in DaOC, and yet another in some other game, and we would have a significant presence in all of them. This was great. I could follow and appreciate the exploits of the KGB in a game that I wasn't even playing, because we always had enough folks in a particular game that the KGB could make an impact.

6 people in one game, and 7 people in yet another, and 1 or 2 people of soloing in yet other games still does not make an impact. I think we need to pull togehter and rally round the flag so that we can try to achieve critical mass somewhere. Once we do that, getting that good old 'Hate the KGB' feeling rekindled in the groups we love to grind beneath our collective boots, and things will get moving again.

Or we can sit around and wait for the next big thing to come along.

Damn.

If I wanted to do that, I'd have joined CxC!

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I am afraid I did not phrase all of my response very well. Believe me when I say that I highly value teamwork... which is what I meant when I said skills... as in teamwork skills. I was alluding to the groups of 7 or 8 in the game holding their interest honing those skills. Obviously for larger groups you would need a game of consensus to work on those "skills" as in large group tactics etc. If it is the opinion of the majority that the large group tactics etc need to be honed prior to Darkfall or other "vaporware" is released to ensure the strenght of the guild then that is surely the way to go.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard